IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Vikram Ramsundar

The Gaudiya Math Split Post 1937, Finn Madsen

Rate this topic

Hari bol!

It's quite shocking that people can indulge in throwing insults at so many respectable vaisnavas. Whatever quarrels the disciples of Sarasvati Thakura may have had between them are not much different to those that go on all the time in this world. And no one can really determin exactly, because there are no independant or unbiased veiws. The original post was more objective than any of the responses it generated.

From my own perspective I find it quite hurtful because my revered gurudev is, nitya lila pravistha 108 Bhakti Srirupa Bhagavat Maharaja.

I met him in 1987 in London and stayed with him for a month in the Vasudeva Gaudiya Math, London, and recieved Hari nama and diksa at that time. I also stayed with him at Bagh Bazar Gaudiya Mission on three occasions, each for a month. He left this world in 1993. He spoke very fondly of AC Bhaktivedanta Swami and praised his institution. And when he questioned me on what 'ISKCON' means, and I told him, International Society for Krsna Consciousness, be became full of joy and laughted for a while, and then said, in his broken English, 'A very goood term! Aha!'.

My point is, we seem to be much more hung up about these controversies than we need to be. If your father had some differance with your uncle or granddad, what's that to you?

And as quoted above from the Bhagavat, 'nirmatsarAnAM', we should try to overcome base passions like envy and malice, then we are elegable for hearing the Bhagavat. It cannot be healthy to speak so harshly; there are other ways of expressing things.

ps. forgive my spelling. got so used to spell checks, forgot how to spell.

Hari bol!

It's quite shocking that people can indulge in throwing insults at so many respectable vaisnavas. Whatever quarrels the disciples of Sarasvati Thakura may have had between them are not much different to those that go on all the time in this world. And no one can really determin exactly, because there are no independant or unbiased veiws. The original post was more objective than any of the responses it generated.

From my own perspective I find it quite hurtful because my revered gurudev is, nitya lila pravistha 108 Bhakti Srirupa Bhagavat Maharaja.

I met him in 1987 in London and stayed with him for a month in the Vasudeva Gaudiya Math, London, and recieved Hari nama and diksa at that time. I also stayed with him at Bagh Bazar Gaudiya Mission on three occasions, each for a month. He left this world in 1993. He spoke very fondly of AC Bhaktivedanta Swami and praised his institution. And when he questioned me on what 'ISKCON' means, and I told him, International Society for Krsna Consciousness, be became full of joy and laughted for a while, and then said, in his broken English, 'A very goood term! Aha!'.

My point is, we seem to be much more hung up about these controversies than we need to be. If your father had some differance with your uncle or granddad, what's that to you?

Yes I agree with you Mahanmohandas. I have learn over the years to ignore this topic completely because in my experience they always quickly degenerate into some serious aparadha which will not only harm the offender but also those that rpeatedly hear such talk trying to extract some perverted sense gratification from them.

I have been a garbage feeding crow all my life but if I ever want to become in anyway swanlike I must stay far away from such dangerous talk.

I haven't even read this thread until I became curious as to who you were having not seen your name here before. Now that I see where you are coming from I look forward to reading your postws in the future.

dandavats

Hari bol!

And as quoted above from the Bhagavat, 'nirmatsarAnAM', we should try to overcome base passions like envy and malice, then we are elegable for hearing the Bhagavat. It cannot be healthy to speak so harshly; there are other ways of expressing things.

ps. forgive my spelling. got so used to spell checks, forgot how to spell.

just to give you a little history.

back in the very early years of ISKCON some disciples of Srila Prabhupada were in India and they came in contact with some of the Godbrothers of Srila Prabhupada and they commenced belittling Srila Prabhupada and launching insults and accusations against him.

this of course got back to Srila Prabhupada and hearing that he started a campaign to keep his disciples away from his Godbrothers.

In time some came out to support Srila Prabhupada while others just maintained an offensive attitude.

so, that situation started a reaction that is still going on down to the present day.

If the Godbrothers of Srila Prabhupada would have respected his efforts, supported his preaching and encouraged his disciples then the Saraswata family would not be in the mess it is in today.

so, the whole blame can't dumped on ISKCON or ISKCON devotees.

If these Gaudiya Matha leaders hadn't started some shit with Srila Prabhuapda then this mess would never have happened.

but, it was probably all for the better because some of these Gaudiya Matha people were not fit association for the disciples of Srila Prabhupada anyway.

they lived in small worlds in their Maths and didn't care much about spreading Krishna consciousness all over the world as their spiritual master wanted to do.

It's indeed sad that it had to come to this, but really these men at the Gaudiya Matha started all this shit and now look where it ended up.