IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Did you ever pray?:‘God, please give me a sign that this is the path I should pursue’

Rate this topic

We all came to the path of KRSNA Conciousness because of a sincere call and prayer to Krsna for His causeless mercy, a sign from above,.... Isn't it? The following is a nice story of how KRSNA works miracles through His devotees...:pray:

Rathayatra makes devotees

<!-- end .post-top --><!-- the main section of the post goes here -->By Ian Somerville

Submitted by Sunanda das, Baltimore ISKCON

Hello, my name is Ian Somerville. I am a devoted young man in search of true enlightenment. Throughout the course of my life I have personally studied and practiced many world religions. But the one that ignited that withered flame was Krishna consciousness.

During my spiritual journey I have read many religious texts, but none can compare to the Bhagavad Gita. This book is not a Shakesperean playwright or a book of dreamy poetry, but a book in which Krishna, the supreme being, god of all gods, truly shows us how we can gain a life of spiritual perfection. Within the boundaries he has set in place for us He shows how to separate our material and spiritual worlds. Without a spiritual world, there can be no material world.

Let me give you a brief tour into a recent miraculous event that occurred for me. Recently, I had checked out a copy of Bhagavad Gita from the library. Following that I prayed ‘God, please give me a sign that this is the path I should pursue’. Two days later I happened to be walking down the Baltimore Inner Harbor and as I turned around I saw a sign that read, ‘Festival of India’. So I walked to the event, turned around, and before my two eyes I saw the sign, ‘Bhagavad Gita’! My prayers were answered almost immediately.

Everyone who has grown up has to find an identity, not only that but a personal faith. May Krishna bless all.:pray:

Don’t ever forget to chant:

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Guest guest

In what way is that a sign? A person goes to an Indian Festival, he or she is more than likely to see some aspects of Indian religion portrayed there. Especially the Bhagavad Gita, since that is such a popular and widely read scripture. Seems perfectly natural to me. Although if the person himself calls it a sign, then good for him.

However, I wouldn't consider it a sign at all, and I think it's only logical for someone to see something like that there.

I've had that kind of experience far too often, that I've stopped taking such mundane things for signs (when they're really not, at least in my experience).

Miracle

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A miracle, derived from the old Latin word miraculum meaning "something wonderful", is a striking interposition of divine intervention by a god (KRSNA)in the universe by which the ordinary course and operation of Nature is overruled, suspended, or modified.

Although many religious texts and people confirm witnessing or prophesying various events which they refer to as "miraculous", it is disputed whether there are scientifically confirmed occurrences of miracles<sup class="noprint Template-Fact">[citation needed]</sup><sup class="reference" id="_ref-0">[1]</sup>. People in different faiths have substantially different definitions of the word "miracle". Even within a specific religion there is often more than one usage of the term.

Sometimes the term "miracle" may refer to the action of a supernatural being that is not a god. Thus, the term "divine intervention", by contrast, would refer specifically to the direct involvement of a deity.(KRSNA):pray:

KRSNA help me, save me.

Please hear my call to you from my heart and soul.

With this kind of constant non-stop petition to KRSNA, will He not respond according to the sincerity of our heart where miracles happen?

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="35%"><center>

attachment.php?attachmentid=1404&stc=1&d=1180535621

</center></td><td width="65%">

Reading REMEMBER BE HERE NOW in '74, it said at the end that it is cool to 'hang out' with a book called the Bhagavad-gita. So I decided I would find the book.

Two days later at the George Harrison concert a Prabhupada devotee, glorious Krishna Katha dasa approached me as I entered Maple Leaf Gardens: "I would like to give you this book".

And of course, the book he wanted me to have was the Bhagavad-gita As It Is. From that moment, the rest has been the path of the miraculous - undeniable at each and every step, yes, yes, yes.</td></tr></tbody></table>

post-305-138274054164_thumb.jpg

Guys,

Most of the time I am here in Radhadesh, I AM "EPHINANIZED" TO THE BONE, EVERYDAY I WRITE DOWN MY DREAMS AND WHAT IS FORETOLD THERE, YOU WON'T BELIEVE, SUCH GUIDANCE, oh, darn capitals, forgot to hit some button....

Anyway, you can read in my thread "Krishna and some Heavenly folks" here, how it all started in 1997, may the 4th or 5th, and since then it is such a magick journey, Krishna is soooo cool, I really love Him, even if it would turn out that Krishna is in fact Al Bundy, the shoe sales man from "Married with Children", I would still worship Him.......:)

Yeah, pray like a madman, chant like your life is on stake and follow the morning programm and all will be fine, you're life will be successful, even when trouble comes.....and follow the 4 regulative principles......although I have to say that wih one of them I have a "not so ecstatic" relationship...:D...it's just not easy.....

Yep, miracles do happen.........:pray::pray::pray::pray:, just pray......