IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Yofu

God Bless America?

Rate this topic

I came across this silliness on dandavats.com:

<Q>

Too often we hear various people speaking anti-American views, as if anti-Americanism has become the latest fashion. So as Vaisnavas, what should be our attitude towards America? We should first analyze how Srila Prabhupada felt towards America, especially in his last days. Of course he strongly condemned the materialistic western societies, and their ideologies as well. But did Srila Prabhupada hate America? No, he did not. The reality is that he felt himself so indebted to America for “giving him her children, money, and resources”, to quote his own words, that he wanted to come back to America one last time even though he was only months away from death and could not even walk. He desired very strongly to come to America, to visit the Gita Nagari farm. He stopped in Britian on the way, and after a few days he told Tamal Krishna Goswami that he felt too sick to make the trip, and so they went back to Vrindavan, instead of coming to the Gita-Nagari farm as was planned. That is how indebted Srila Prabhupada felt himself to the Americans, that he was willing to come one last time to America, even in such a physically weakened condition. Think about this for a moment, before continuing.

Based on the above information, it might be slightly offensive to Srila Prabhupada to speak anti-American views and slurs, when he was on his deathbed and still he could not forget how obliged he felt himself to America.

</Q>

So now George W. can quote Srila Prabhupada as to how great America is.

Articles like this are further evidence of the fundamentalism that is found in the western branch of Gaudiyaism....

Guest guest

Articles like this are further evidence of the fundamentalism that is found in the western branch of Gaudiyaism....

Another explanation may be that our movement is manipulated from within by the globalist forces. Devotees in various communities have been instructed many times by their GBCs NOT to participate in peace marches and anti-establishment protests. Many Iskcon gurus openly preach globalist agenda in the temples, presenting it as "good for preaching".

Guest guest

Another explanation may be that our movement is manipulated from within by the globalist forces. Devotees in various communities have been instructed many times by their GBCs NOT to participate in peace marches and anti-establishment protests. Many Iskcon gurus openly preach globalist agenda in the temples, presenting it as "good for preaching".

I would have thought that those occassions are a good opportunity to do harinam, distribute prasadam and give out leaflets to explain the Krishna Conscious viewpoint abhout how to create peace, about the materialstic establishment and so on? Not only this, may of these occassions are broadcast by TV, another good opp to remind people of Krishna.

Can you give examples of which gurus preaching so called globalist agenda and what they actually say, why it is supposed to be good for preaching ?

Guest guest

I would have thought that those occassions are a good opportunity to do harinam, distribute prasadam and give out leaflets to explain the Krishna Conscious viewpoint abhout how to create peace, about the materialstic establishment and so on? Not only this, may of these occassions are broadcast by TV, another good opp to remind people of Krishna.

Can you give examples of which gurus preaching so called globalist agenda and what they actually say, why it is supposed to be good for preaching ?

Those are EXCELLENT occasions to do harinam and in general show that we CARE about people and issues. Yet nowadays I hear from many quarters that local GBCs are against such participation.

As to giving support to globalist agenda - it shows up in quite a few official and unofficial releases coming from GBC members including classes. For example, Canadian GBC Harivilasa dasa said in an official local North American GBC meeting some time ago that it was great that under Bush's direction, the Americans 'bombed the hell' out of Afghanistan, because now we can go preach to them without interference from the fanatical Muslims, and urged devotees to vote republican.

Guest guest

It is one thing for a vaisnava to want to see evil crushed by their king. It is quite another thing for foolish people to support aggressors, criminals, genocidal maniacs.

Im surprised the fanatics dont support the Taliban. Their ways of oppressing their minions are more in tune with that way than the way of liberal democracy.

The USA that is supported by lovers of the Supreme Lord is the fading ideology of freedom of expression, freedom to worship, freedom to assemble, freedom to practice within varna and asrama. That USA haqs been destroyed by the likes of the taliban servants and friend of the binLadens, bush and gang. Just as his granddaddy provided for the building of the great Nazi War Machine, Bush has built a future of fear, oppression, and permanent war. USA and Bush are at opposite sides here, and I am apalled at the support some of my peers have given him. Even my advanced godbrother who I still accept as siksa guru has this very weird politic. I dont think I could ever go see him, I am so apalled. I draw the line there. Ill listen to his tapes, but spare me the right wing faNATICISM.

i gues we compartmentalize, be paramahamsa, accept the truth they give, and spit out the lies they spread.

I dont know, lowborn. I like your strength here on the forums, and other topics as well. Go get em. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa