IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Caitanya Mahāprabhu said, KRSNe matir astu [Let your attention be on KRSNA]*****

Rate this topic

Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta Madhya 6.48

'namonārāyaṇāya' bali' namaskārakaila

'kṛṣṇe matir astu' bali' gosāñikahila

:pray:

SYNONYMS

namaḥnārāyaṇāyaI offer my respects toNārāyaṇa; bali' — saying; namaskārakaila — offered respects to Lord CaitanyaMahāprabhu; kṛṣṇe — unto Lord Kṛṣṇa; matiḥastu — let there be attraction; bali' — saying; gosāñiŚrīCaitanyaMahāprabhu; kahila — spoke.

TRANSLATION

Offering his obeisances to CaitanyaMahāprabhu, SārvabhaumaBhaṭṭācārya said, "Namonārāyaṇāya" ["I offer my obeisances to Nārāyaṇa"].

In return, CaitanyaMahāprabhu said, "Kṛṣṇe matir astu" ["Let your attention be on Kṛṣṇa"].

PURPORT

It is the etiquette among sannyāsīs, those on the fourth platform of spiritual life, to offer respects by saying oḿnamonārāyaṇāya ("I offer my respectful obeisances unto Nārāyaṇa"). This greeting is used especially by Māyāvādī sannyāsīs. According to the smṛti scriptures, a sannyāsī should not expect anything from anyone, nor should he consider himself identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Vaiṣṇava sannyāsīs never think of themselves as being one with the Lord; they always consider themselves eternal servants of Kṛṣṇa, and they want to see everyone in the world become Kṛṣṇa conscious. For this reason, a Vaiṣṇavasannyāsī always offers his blessings to everyone, saying kṛṣṇe matir astu ("May you become Kṛṣṇa conscious").

tvaṁ naḥ sandarśito dhātrā

dustaraṁ nistitīrṣatām

kaliṁ sattva-haraṁ puṁsāṁ

karṇa-dhāra ivārṇavam

“We think that we have met Your Goodness by the will of providence, just so that we may accept you as captain of the ship for those who desire to cross the difficult ocean of Kali, which deteriorates all the good qualities of a human being.”

(Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam 1.1.22)

<table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td class="contentheading" width="100%">Sri Siksastakam </td><td class="buttonheading" align="right" width="100%"></td><td class="buttonheading" align="right" width="100%"></td></tr></tbody></table><table class="contentpaneopen"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top" width="70%">Written by Sri KRSNA Chaitanya Mahaprabhu </td></tr><tr><td class="createdate" colspan="2" valign="top"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top">

150.150._home_Domain_vina.cc_www_news_images_stories_2007_March_mahaprabhujagannath.jpgVerse 1

ceto-darpana-marjanam bhava-maha--davagni-nirvapanam

sreyah-kairava-candrika-vitaranam vidya-vadhu-jivanam

anandambudhi-vardhanam prati-padam purnamrtasvadanam

sarvatma-snapanam param vijayate sri-krsna-sankirtanam

All glories to Sri Krishna sankirtan! It cleanses the mirror of the mind; it extinguishes the blazing conflagration of material life; it spreads the moon rays that make the white lotus of auspiciousness bloom; it is the life of spiritual knowledge; it increases the ocean of divine ecstasy and at every moment gives a full taste of ambrosia, bathing the entire soul.

Verse 2

namnam akari bahudha nija-sarva-saktis

tatrarpita niyamitah smarane na kalah

etadrsi tava krpa bhagavan mamapi

durdaivam idrsam ihajani nanuragah

You have expanded Your Names into so many forms, and You have invested all Your personal potencies in them. No rules have been made about when one can remember these Names. Such, O Lord, is the greatness of Your mercy, and yet my misfortune is so great that I have developed no attraction for them.

Verse 3

trnad api sunicena

taror api sahisnuna

amanina manadena

kirtaniyah sada harih

One who is lower than even the grass, who is more tolerant than the tree, who has no desire for personal honor but is ready to give honor to all others, can sing the glories of the Lord constantly.

Verse 4

na dhanam na janam na sundarim

kavitam va jagad-isa kamaye

mama janmani janmanisvare

bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki tvayi

I ask not for wealth, nor followers, nor beautiful women, nor for poetry or wisdom. All I ask, O Lord of the universe, is that I may have unmotivated devotion to You, birth after birth.

Verse 5

ayi nanda-tanuja kinkaram

patitam mam visame bhavambudhau

krpaya tava pada-pankaja-

sthita-dhuli-sadrsam vicintaya

O Krishna, son of Nanda, I am Your eternal servant, but I have fallen into this dreadful ocean of material existence. Please be merciful and think of me as a speck of dust at Your lotus feet.

Verse 6

nayanam galad-asru-dharaya

vadanam gadgada-ruddhaya gira

pulakair nicitam vapuh kada

tava nama-grahane bhavisyati

When will my eyes be filled with tears, my throat block with a faltering voice, and all the hairs on my body stand erect as I chant Your Holy Name?

Verse 7

yugayitam nimesena

caksusa pravrsayitam

sunyayitam jagat sarvam

govinda-virahena me

A blink of the eyes has become equal to an age, my eyes have become like monsoon clouds, and the entire universe has become void to me in the absence of Govinda.

Verse 8

aslisya va pada-ratam pinastu mam

adarsanan marma-hatam karotu va

yatha tatha va vidadhatu lampato

mat-prana-nathas tu sa eva naparah

The unfaithful Krishna may tightly embrace me, who am devoted to His lotus feet, or He may break my heart by never appearing before me. Whatever He decides to do with me, He is the Lord of my life and I will have no other.:pray:

</td></tr></tbody></table>

C.C. Madhya-lila Ch.25

text 265

krsna-tattva, bhakti-tattva, prema-tattva sara

bhava-tattva, rasa-tattva, lila-tattva ara

SYNONYMS

krsna-tattva--the truth of Krsna;

bhakti-tattva--the truth of devotional service; prema-tattva--the truth of ecstatic love of Godhead;

sara--the essence;

bhava-tattva--the emotional truth;

rasa-tattva--the truth of transcendental mellow; lila-tattva--the truth of pastimes of the Lord;

ara--also.

TRANSLATION

Krsna consciousness means understanding the truth of Krsna, the truth of devotional service, the truth of love of Godhead, the truth of emotional ecstasy, the truth of transcendental mellow and the truth of the pastimes of the Lord.