IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

tulsi leaves

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hello to all hari bhakts! i have a few questions regarding tulsi leaves. i know that they should be offered to all visnu-tattva, which i do.

i was wondering if i am allowed to eat the leaves after they have been offered to the Lord? and also, how long should i leave the tulsi leave at the Lord lotus feet?

another question i have is that should the tulsi leaves always be put on the Lord's feet with chandan or is it ok to offer tulsi without chandan?

i apologise for any mistakes.

hare krsna!

Hare Krishna

All glories to Srila Prabhupad

What you have offered to Lord is Prasadam before it was bhoga.

Example: eveything is in the same manner, food, dress, mala, and all other articles.Tulasi is also like that only. She is a very great devotee of Lord Krishna. Without Tulasi leaves Krishna will never accept any offering. you can take Tulasi leaves after its offered to Lord Krishna or any vishnu tattva.

The tulasi leaves shall be at the Lotus feet till night dressing is made.if you are not changing any dresses then clean the Lord's Lotus feet because he will also take rest at night. and chandan may be offered according to availability. there is no compulsion that you have to offer it. Krishna will accept anything which is offered to him with love.he expects only love.

Hope this helps...

Yours servant,

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

hare krsna!

thank you very much for your reply. i grow a tulsi in my home so the availability of tulis leaves is constant. i will definately follow your advice and keep the leaves on the Lord's lotus feet until night.

i apologise because i do not understand the statement you made:

What you have offered to Lord is Prasadam before it was bhoga.

also, my tulis is going into flowering. i know that i should not let my tulsi go into producing seeds yet as She is only a year old. i am allowing Her to flower and i will then offer the flowers to Lord Krsna.

please advise me if i am doing anything wrong. is there any other special care the tulsi will need at this time?

thank you very much yet again.