IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Are you prepared to DIE for your Guru???

Rate this topic

Nice try, and thanks for the nectar. But this is a figure of speech which means just what I said Srila Prabhupada told me: work very hard. And Srila Sridhar Maharaja, a great poet, is talking here about giving everything to attain and share Krishna consciousness: "Let us strive our utmost to achieve what is our own real prospect. No compromise." Srila Sarasvati Thakura suggested that every member of the mission should be prepared to shed two hundred gallons of blood (or something like that) for nourishing th spiritual lives of others. What do you think he meant: mutlple trips to the blood bank? Slitting your wrists? No--it's a figure of speech, a metaphor. It means give all you have, and more, to help others find shelter under Mahaprabhu's lotus feet.

Guest guest

<font face="monotype corsiva" color="red" size=6><B>I agree. It's not for me to ask when or why. It's for me to "Do or Die!":pray:</font></B>

Hey, whatever floats your boat but I gotta agree with Mahak on this one and give up the whole vengeful God notion that some Christian and Muslim denominations toy with. The way I look at it is if you love your guru and he is the voice of sanity in an insane world when your guru departs you will feel so much seperation that you might physically pass away or something but no need to go on any Islamic suicide missions to prove your faith to your guru or anything. That's just my opinion but like I say whatever floats your boat.