IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Rishi_L

Ugrasena's Bodyguards

Rate this topic

In the book titled 'Krsna: The Supreme Personality Of Godhead', it is mentioned that Ugrasena had approximately 10 quadrillion bodyguards. I definitely believe that anything is possible, but does anyone know how Ugrasena could have had such a vast amount of bodyguards?

Guest guest

In the book titled 'Krsna: The Supreme Personality Of Godhead', it is mentioned that Ugrasena had approximately 10 quadrillion bodyguards. I definitely believe that anything is possible, but does anyone know how Ugrasena could have had such a vast amount of bodyguards?

He had a lot of bodyguards, that one thing is certain :)

As to the exact number? You can provide all kinds of explanations. Her is my favourite:

Dude! Bhagavatam is pure poetry! It perfectly expresses the devotional mood of the speaker, and is not at all concerned with counting soldiers.

Guest guest

So it is mere poetic embellishment?

Like I said: it is one of the possible answers, that I personally find quite credible.

When you study the language of the Puranas you will see that very often embellishments are used to convey a certain point and emphasize a particular mood. It could very well be the case here.

Yet there are other possible answers as well. after all, this is Krsna leela :)

The general rule is: "What happens in the leela, stays in the leela" - or in other words: do not try to apply reason and logic to the leela, or use your ordinary concepts to understand it. The leela is not meant to be taken in that way. The leela is for us devotees to relish. Materialists will never relish Krsna leela because their mind will never allow them to do so.. :)

The general rule is: "What happens in the leela, stays in the leela" - or in other words: do not try to apply reason and logic to the leela, or use your ordinary concepts to understand it. The leela is not meant to be taken in that way. The leela is for us devotees to relish. Materialists will never relish Krsna leela because their mind will never allow them to do so.. :)

Yes, I am well-aware that Krsna leela transcends both space and time. That may be the case with Ugrasena's bodyguards. :)