IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pankaja_Dasa

Book Business, or Krishna??

Rate this topic

Is it okay to make profit? For myself. I wanted to make a site with Gita in different languages (krishna.com) has already. But wanted to buy some Gita's and sell them on-line using Secure Paypal. Is it a good idea?

As a part-time 'job'. (delivery time 2-3 weeks!).

But I'm is not sure how to contact the wholesalers of the Books, and do I? Then I sell for profit. Paypal is great tool for selling anywhere in the World. I'd have to buy postage etc. (give me something to do). I don't have that much money, but Books ar cheap if buy in Bulk. I wanted to do something else, but I don't think I am up to it (going to retalils shops) and asking them if they want to sell Books, etc. Only problem with it all is the Postage cost, which is high for Bulk Books. Just an idea I am not going to do it. lol

A great idea Pankaja. Profit in Krsna conscious endeavors simply means you will have $ to buy more books and maintain your body at the same time. In this way you can make it a lifelong endeavor.

Go for it Vaisnava! Our actions must not be stopped at the level of dreaming.

hehe, made me laugh at the dreaming part. Sometimes need to convert (try anyway), dreams into reality, ty

This is what I think up when I can't sleep. I wanna be like a 'warehouse' where people expecially

retail shops might buy books for thier shops. And i could contact them.

But would need a Good site. Few hours a day, only though. Anyway for now it's a dream (day dream).

Well all actions are formulated first in the mental plane before becoming manifested into the grosser material world. There is a tendancy that we must watch out for however and that is just letting good plans remain on the mental level. This then is just a subtle form of personal sense gratification that never gets to the point of helping others.

In my life I have been prone to linger far too long on this mental plane while not do some practical service that benefits others. In my mind I have saved the inhabitants of earth several times....in my mind that is.....LOL. Of course they all still revolve on the whell of samsara despite my having saved them in my daydreams.

Better to have spent that time doing some simple practicle service like washing the pots for the prasadam distribution team.

In practicle terms there is no need for you to be a "wholesaler" for Prabhupada's books, just set something simple up and try to sell a handful and see if it grows from there. Let any increase come from Krsna.

You have the talent to make a web site. Contact BBT and ask them about their wholesale costs or even contact those that are reproducing Srila Prabhupada's edition that was used in the early seventies. If your sincerity is perceived these devotees will help you.

Okay I found a site which accpets ebooks (Mobi Pocket), they are for Personal Pc, and Palms etc. They charge people money to Purchase the ebooks, I have done Bhagavad-gita As It Is. But not sure how should charge, I actually registered a Paypal acc few days ago. And that's all you need. I was thinking £1.08 euro, or $1.08 usd. You can get for Free, so don't know why anybody would download, but the Mobi reader is high quality, probably best I seen so far. Or could charge, £00.1 , (have to charge a certain amount as per terms of the site. Contacting krishna.com, waiting for reply. The money would be 'wired or transfered (i like the word wired hehe) to my account.

These are sample images.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1392&stc=1&d=1177520099

attachment.php?attachmentid=1393&stc=1&d=1177520141

post-2145-138274054142_thumb.jpg

post-2145-138274054148_thumb.jpg

Wow. Yeah that is nice. Go for it. Even the attempt to sell Prabhupada's books is pleasing to Krsna.

I know nothing about ebooks. It's hard for this old fart to keep up with all these new innovations. It's up to you Young Turk devotees to claim cyber space for Krsna. Just do it prabhu.

Hare Krsna

Haribol!

I think you're doing a great job, Prabhu. Keep going, books are always worth it.

I've written a novel about the great devotee Mirabai and am promoting it right now. It's a tough job but it's such a blessing to hear readers responses and to know that this is sharing Mira's story of Bhakti to Krishna.

I've posted a list of my next book tour in the US in The Friendly Marketplace forum. If anyone is interested and near any of the locations then please come to meet me. I'd love to see devotees on my travels.

Haribol!

Jai