IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

smart nutrients for brain health

Rate this topic

<table align="center" border="1" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="450"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffd5" height="35" valign="middle" width="112">Smart Nutrient

</td> <td bgcolor="#ffffd5" valign="middle" width="323">Mode of Action

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Ashwagandha

</td> <td>Antioxidant; anti-stress

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Bacopa

</td> <td>Enhances neurotransmission; stablizes ACh-AChE activity; antioxidant; rebuilds ATP

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Centella asiatica

</td> <td>Increases density of dendrites; anti-stress

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Ferulic acid

</td> <td>Disrupts amyloid plaque formation; anti-inflammatory in brain tissue; antioxidant

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Ginger

</td> <td>General anti-inflammatory by interrupting prostaglandin / lukotriene synthesis</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Ginkgo biloba

</td> <td>Changes genetic programming for aging; protects mitochondria; antioxidant; anti-inflammatory</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Huperzine-A

</td> <td>Stabilizes ACh-AChE activity; antioxidant

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Magnolia

</td> <td>Major stress reliver; very powerful antioxidant

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Panax ginseng

</td> <td>Antioxidant; anti-stress

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Peony

</td> <td>Protects neurons; improves memory through unknown pathways; antioxidant

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Schisandra

</td> <td>Protects against neuron cell death

</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Vinpocetine

</td> <td>Improves cerebral circulation; improving brain cell ATP use; improves O2 / glucose use in brain

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Full article by John Morgenthaller. Explains in detail the action on the brain of each herb.

http://www.smart-publications.com/memory/day_night_smart_nutrients.php

Guest guest

I wish I was you.

Basically.. eat a lot? There doesn't seem to be any other way. Use copious amounts of Ghee on everything, as in NOT sparingly.

No No forget the copious amounts of ghee unless you want to get fat and have a heart attack.

You do have to take in more calories and nutrients. What you should want to gain is lean muscle mass. You do that by eating high protein high caloric foods WHILE INCREASING EXCERCISE as in progressive weight resistance training.

By using your muscles hard you place stress on them and the muscle cells breakdown. This breakdown is followed by the body repairing the breakdown and the body adds more muscle tissue to handle the increased excercise load that you are placing on it. Muscle grows and weight is added.

Weight training,extra high protein high nutrient foods plus rest = increase in strength, endurance and weight.

Please do not just start pigging out on ghee rich foods. You will gain weight but it will be garbage weight and detremental to you health.

Eat nuts and seeds. The best food on the planet. Use your blender to make fruit and seed smoothies like pumpkin seeds apple juice and berries for example. Thousand of combinations. Soy or rice protein powder for easily digested protein.

Weigh the body morning and night, and visualize the scale slowly rising. I used the technique of only looking five pounds ahead of where I was and adding a fruit meal at night to keep it rising consistently. Lots of water.

And most importantly do not become obsessive because you are not that body.

Good luck.

Guest guest

I must comment on the avatar. Cool man.

Perhaps Alfred was a devotee in the making & more than a few of us got started looking at society differently in part thanks to MAD magazine.

I must comment on the avatar. Cool man.

Perhaps Alfred was a devotee in the making & more than a few of us got started looking at society differently in part thanks to MAD magazine.

MAD magazine. What a gas. Funniest mag ever. I bet there are many of us who appreciated it. Don't know what it is like now. When I was a kid I always identified with Alfred and scarey as it is... I still do.:eek: Our personalities are so similar probably because he was a role model in my youth.:cool:

I even looked alot like him when I was a kid. Actually a cross between Alfred and Beaver Cleaver. "Gee Wally... What, me worry?"

Haribol soul.