IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Tea & Coffee

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Devotees do not drink tea and coffee as they are considered to be intoxicants or mild stimulants because of the caffeine. However, tea has been proven to be very beneficial to health. It aids in digestion, relaxes the mind and has antioxidants that can prevent cancer.

So is it is OK to drink DECAFFEINATED tea and coffee which by definition is not intoxicating?

Devotees do not drink tea and coffee as they are considered to be intoxicants or mild stimulants because of the caffeine. However, tea has been proven to be very beneficial to health. It aids in digestion, relaxes the mind and has antioxidants that can prevent cancer.

So is it is OK to drink DECAFFEINATED tea and coffee which by definition is not intoxicating?

Hare Krishna,

My understanding is that there is still a percentage of caffeine even in decaf tea and coffee. I know some devotees who drink decaf drinks tho.

Guest guest

Hare krishna

Instead of decaf you could try chai tea, which is just spices-cardamom,cinnamon and black pepper. Or you can also try rooibos tea (from south africa) it is naturally caffeine free.

I am a huge tea lover and I drunk a lot of tea in my life.

One of my favorites is Jasmine tea, made out of the leaves of Jasmin flowers. Some claim that the daily consumption of jasmine tea is effective in preventing certain cancers......have a cup!

Tea is beneficial to the health and contains minimal caffine so that the drug (caffine) doesn't work on your body. Just as oranges contain alcohol, but they are still allowed, so is tea (just replace alcohol with caffine). Coffee, however, isn't beneficial to the health and contains enough caffine for the drug to work on your body.

If it helps you feel better, then drink Decaf tea. But there's nothing wrong with regular tea, whether it be black tea, green tea, or white tea, or whatever other types of real teas there are (real teas are a category of tea).

Tea is even used in Ayurvedic medicine (Ginger tea, for example, is used as a digestion aid).

Just don't drink too much of it in a short period of time, for the Lord Vishnu as Lord Krishna states:

"This yoga is not possible, O Arjuna, for one who eats too much or too little..." (Bhagavad Gita 6.16)

I would avoid coffee unless absolutely necessary, for it is also stated in the Bhagavad Gita:

"The foods that promote longevity, virtue, strength, health, happiness, and joy are juicy, smooth, substantial, and nutritious. Perons in the mode of goodness like such foods" (Bhagavad Gita 17.8)