IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mahak

context

Rate this topic

The devil uses the bible to prove his points. So Im getting really perturbed that some insist that if you dont surrender to them because they have cited a sentence Srila Prabhupada spoke to harisauri or satswarupa, you are offending Srila Prabhupada.

Well, I have always disrespected the mad quoters out there, have no use for the apisiddhanta they make with these out of context postings.

They will come back and say that Srila Prabhupada demands we quote him, and they will even have the quote in their quivers of quotes, but I have no use for such things.

If I want one who reads my realizations on various forums to refer to Srila Prabhupada, I will not normally just cut and paste from the list of revisionists who have made entire websites of convenient quotes. What I will do is tell the reader to read 2nd chapter of Science of Self Realization, or read the first canto of Srimad Bhagavatam, or even read First Canto-19th chapter of Srimad Bhagavatam. This way, Im not part of the philosophy, Srila Prabhupadas intact, in context teachings are there for yall to JUDGE my words by, which only fools would accept without G-S-S verification.

So all you quoters out there, who love to go to the quick saying websites to make your rtvik religion, your VAD religion, or you who justify all your own religion by the cut and paste method, my recommendation to yall is to get out your copy of Bhagavad Gita and read the introduction and stay with it until the eighteenth chapter is done. Dont stop when you come accross a verse that gives you permission to carry out your bogus plans, just keep quiet and keep reading. When you are done, read SB, then ChCh, then NOD, then NOI. If one wants refreshers, follow Srila Prabhupada who has done this for us all by making available such compilations such as Teachings of Kapila, Queen Kunti, Raja Vidya, Science of Self Realization, etc.

You will find out that the mind has no place in this study, that the one thing a disciple knows is that he is lost, thus he inquires from the one who is inspired by Lord Krsna to appear before usa to guide us back home, back to godhead. Our way is ridiculous, Srila Prabhupada gives us answers by citing the Lord's version, not his own. Lets keep it that way, and put your quote machines away.

If you want to make a point to me, I reject out of hand unless you refer me to the entire picture. This is what Srila Prabhupada told me personally. No discussion he may have had with satswarupa, tkg, harisauri or other ambitious desirers to control others has any bearing whatsoever.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Haribol, readers and writers, PAMHO & AGTSP I posted this on another thread, but it belongs here as well.

Merely placing convenient quotes to prove a point not only fails to prove the point, it makes us think that the person disrespects us in the sense that we cannot delve into this science. So the mad quoters do all the discerning for us, and actually pretend to be our guru.

The method Srila Prabhupada emphasizes is that we take His effort (that of the massive presentation of the Science of Bhagavatam he has performed) seriously, the way it has been given, etc. I am posting convenient verses from first canot, but I strongly recommend that the reader use the book, not my citations, to discern the truth.

(A writer who has replied to another post) speaks of obedience, and understanding of the absolute truth (tattwa) is linked to obedience to Guru, and also is linked to pleasing him. I propose that nothing is understood by reading snippets from Srila Prabhupada's discussions with some of his disciples on a myriad of issues, some only pertaining to the disciples he is speaking to. Nothing is understood by reading a paragraph of a purport from the eighth canto. Why? Because this is not obedience to Srila Prabhupada, who has often declared that we take this science step by step, from Bhagavad gita as it is thru Nectar of Instruction. Bhagavad gita can be understood only when one accepts Krsna as the supreme personality of Godhead. Bhagavad gita has no meaning if Krsna is seen as an ordinary philosopher on a battlefield.

This science is systematic, and context is everything. When Bhagavad Gita is complete (and understood), the devotee student has surrendered to the Supreme Person, Krsna, and has abandoned his religious quest. Srila Prabhupada then gives us the next step, Srimad Bhagavatam, where we actually learn the name, fame, associates, etc, of Lord Krsna in his various incarnations.

The first canto of Srimad Bhagavatam is a journey thru the surrendering process. Bhagavad Gita has us at the point of surrender, and First Canto is the graduate study, the story of acceptance of a spiritual master. The sages at naimisaranya accept the authority of Suta Goswami, who is a disciple of Vyasadeva. They hear of Krsnas pastimes thru this direct incarnation of Supersoul. Lord Balarama has empowered Suta directly, has placed him on the vyasasana. Thru this first canto, we find devotee frustration solved by the spiritual master, and the canto ends with a devotee on the doorstep of Death accepting Srila Sukadeva as his only hope.

In closing today, I might add that I do not resent quotations in the body of a post. There is certainly no harm in doing this, and I do it myself occasionally. I have even stated things that my guru maharaja said to me on the very few occasions of personal darshan, stuff I cant prove in any way. But as with anything, there are scientific ways to study, and quotes, what devotees remember, etc, are ALL AUTHENTIC if they pass the guru-shastra-sadhu criteria.

Dear,

The meaning of "Bhagawad Geeta" is:-

Bhag=Bhagwan Krishan

Wada=kahaa.

Ga=Gaakar.

Itee=Anta

Aa=Vapas Aanaa.

"Bhagwaan Shri Krishan ne Gaa kar kahaa ki yeh Sansaar main anta hone ke waad hee aanaa hotaa hai."

"Mana Maaro Tana Bas Karo,Saadho sakal Shareer/Fikir Faari Kafanee Karo Taako naam Fakeer//"

"Beej ko nayaa paidaa karane ke liye pahale jameen mai jindaa dafan honaa padataa hai."

Maanav ko Bhagwaan ko prapt karane ke liye pahale aath prakaar kee mauto se maranaa padataa hai,

Raam na sakahi naam guna gaai//

"Kras=Kamjor.

"Na=Nahee.

Kamjor nahee.

Context is completely and transcendentally felt in the heartfelt following of Srila Prabhupadas plea that we sing. And dance. And Nina Hagen is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mYsTGjP_Y

by far the best youtube ever. The art work is sublime. When baby Krsna winks at you, tell me you didnt burst into tears, even at a public internet place. Now this is context.

Nina Hagen is amazing! How long ago did she record this?

Context is completely and transcendentally felt in the heartfelt following of Srila Prabhupadas plea that we sing. And dance. And Nina Hagen is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mYsTGjP_Y

by far the best youtube ever. The art work is sublime. When baby Krsna winks at you, tell me you didnt burst into tears, even at a public internet place. Now this is context.