IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why is Hare Krishna the true Religion?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am looking for a couple of simple and clear reasons for why anyone would consider the Hare Krishna movement to be the most truthful understanding of what God wants from us. Why would I commit my life to the Hare Krishna movement as opposed to any other Religion?

Guest guest

I am looking for a couple of simple and clear reasons for why anyone would consider the Hare Krishna movement to be the most truthful understanding of what God wants from us. Why would I commit my life to the Hare Krishna movement as opposed to any other Religion?

Hare Krishna

God is ONE, all bona fide religions all lead to the same goal. Stop being so sectarian. Prabhupada actually never asked anyone to change religion, he just told them to follow properly. Jesus Christ for example prabhupada called an 'acharya' and that if you follow his teachings (especially 'though shalt not kill' namely eat slaughtered animals like many so called christians do) then you will achieve the goal of all religions.

I particularly like Hare Krishna because it is a fact that the Vedas are the most detailed, scientific, scriptures when it comes to undertanding God. Although all scriptures lead to the same goal.

Dont blindly follow anything, make your choices based on your own research, that especially means trying out the chanting of Hare Krishna mantra which is the current proccess in this dark age. Just listening to a few reasons will not help, research for yourself, actually try chanting for six months and you will see the power of the mantra and have no doupts about the authenticity of the Hare Krishna movement.

Judging based on some college project time information gathering is like licking the jar of honey with the intent of tasting the contents. You have to open the jar, try chanting hare krishna for 6 months.

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

God is ONE, all bona fide religions all lead to the same goal. Stop being so sectarian. Prabhupada actually never asked anyone to change religion, he just told them to follow properly. Jesus Christ for example prabhupada called an 'acharya' and that if you follow his teachings (especially 'though shalt not kill' namely eat slaughtered animals like many so called christians do) then you will achieve the goal of all religions.

Slow down. You accuse me of being sectarian. Yet considering that followers of the Hare Krishna Religion are well know to make huge efforts to convince other people of their Religious views, I think it is a fair question. I want to know: why are the views of Hare Krishnas more true than Christianity or Islam or any other religious view for that matter?

You say "all scriptures lead to the same goal" and then you also interpret Chirstianity to be supporting vegeterian views. I am not saying you are wrong in your interpretation of the Christian scriptures. However your interpretation definitely disagrees with 99.99% of Christians' interpretation of these scriptures. In particular, main stream Christian beliefs have always stated that no one can achieve salvation unless it is through Jesus Christ. If Christians are right then probably a significant proportian of Hare Krishna followers are going to Hell. I don't necessarily agree with these Christians but somehow I suspect that this is not the part of Christianity that you would regard as "leading to the same goal"?

My point is that the Christianity that you define as truth seems to me not the Christianity that most Christians believe in. Again I am not saying you are wrong, but by re-defining Christianity (and by not accepting Christianity as Christians are practising it) you are being sectarian as well. (Not that I have anything against being sectarian :) )

I particularly like Hare Krishna because it is a fact that the Vedas are the most detailed, scientific, scriptures when it comes to undertanding God. Although all scriptures lead to the same goal.

In what sense is it scientific? Does the scriptures make scientific assertions or are the scriptures scientifically provable?

Dont blindly follow anything, make your choices based on your own research, that especially means trying out the chanting of Hare Krishna mantra which is the current proccess in this dark age. Just listening to a few reasons will not help, research for yourself, actually try chanting for six months and you will see the power of the mantra and have no doupts about the authenticity of the Hare Krishna movement.

I am trying not to blindly following anything, hence my question. Yet you are asking me to blindly chant the Hare Krishna mantra. What can I expect when I do chant the mantra for six months?

Judging based on some college project time information gathering is like licking the jar of honey with the intent of tasting the contents. You have to open the jar, try chanting hare krishna for 6 months.

Unfortunately there are many Religions in the world today (10 000 according to some accounts). I am unlikely to live for long enough to spend 6 months on every Religion. Sure, I am trying to find a short cut. However, if there is a Religion that has the truth surely this must be easily identifiable?

Are you

Guest guest

Jesus Christ for example prabhupada called an 'acharya' and that if you follow his teachings (especially 'though shalt not kill' namely eat slaughtered animals like many so called christians do) then you will achieve the goal of all religions.

If you follow Jesus teachings in the Bible, then you will not be a Hare Krishna.

"For God so loved the World, that he gave his ONLY Begotten Son, that whosever believes IN HIM, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

- John 3:16

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father, but by me."

- John 14:6

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God IS eternal life thru Jesus Christ our Lord."

If you want Christians to stop calling Hare Krishna's a hodgepodge new age cult, and want to be respected on your own, then you better stop twisting their religious founder's teachings, as if they were connected to Vaishnavism, and acknowledge that the Christian religion is an entirely separate religion, with it's own beliefs and doctrines, that have no historical connection to the Messianic Judaism religion of Jesus Christ.

In the Christian gospels, Jesus claims to be the Jewish Messiah, who was proclaimed in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:15), to mankind's first parents, to be the one who would come and be the Saviour of the World. There is considered to be no other Saviour or Messiah besides Jesus, within Christianity. Of course this teaching that Jesus is the son of David, the Lion of Judah, destined to rule over spiritual Israel (those who accept the Christian gospel), has nothing to do with Gaudiya Vaishnavism. Anymore than Buddha's teachings, or Muhammed's teachings, or Mahavira's teachings, or Lao Tzu's teachings are the same as Gaudiya Vaishnavism. To state that all religions are teaching basically vaishnavism in their own ways, is the height of arrogance, and is to belittle the respective teachings of each tradition. These are all their own religions respectively.

why are the views of Hare Krishnas more true than Christianity or Islam or any other religious view for that matter?

Hare Krishna. Thank you for your questions. You may have found that certain devotees may have had this opinion but Prabhupada never actually said that. Actually Prabhupada said that any bona fide religion is good, just to follow. The only thing that makes the Vedas stand out, is that they go into details such as who is God, what does he look like, why do good people or innocent people suffer, do animals have souls, what is the soul etc etc. Which answers a lot more questions then onther scriptures.

You say "all scriptures lead to the same goal" and then you also interpret Chirstianity to be supporting vegeterian views. I am not saying you are wrong in your interpretation of the Christian scriptures. However your interpretation definitely disagrees with 99.99% of Christians' interpretation of these scriptures. In particular, main stream Christian beliefs have always stated that no one can achieve salvation unless it is through Jesus Christ. If Christians are right then probably a significant proportian of Hare Krishna followers are going to Hell. I don't necessarily agree with these Christians but somehow I suspect that this is not the part of Christianity that you would regard as "leading to the same goal"?

I feel like the idea that all other religions such as buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism etc are going to hell because they dont go 'through Jesus Christ' is somewhat fanatical and seems to be a distortion. This is obviously a very narrow minded understanding that is mainly propounded by the Born Again sect of christianity. Jesus did say you have to go through him. But it could mean so many things but this one interpretation given my born again christians. One such idea is that one muct go through the bona fide representative, which was Jesus at that time.

You also say that I put a vegetarian interpretation on Christianity. 'Thou shalt not kill' is CLEAR, SIMPLE , DIRECT. Killing according to the dictionary means any kind of killing. Actually the INTERPRETATION for this to mean only humans and not animals is just that.....an INTERPRETATION, by the so called Christains. Prabhupada said that Jesus said 'thou salt not kill' yet the so called christains have opened the biggest slaughterhouses. Its really a simple thing....killing poor animals especially cows is extemely sinful and one will never even begin to undertand God.

In what sense is it scientific? Does the scriptures make scientific assertions or are the scriptures scientifically provable? I am trying not to blindly following anything, hence my question. Yet you are asking me to blindly chant the Hare Krishna mantra. What can I expect when I do chant the mantra for six months?

That is exactly my point. Science is about a hypothesis, then experiment, then a conclusion. You say 'why should I blindly chant for 6 months' which is exactly like saying why sould I even make an experiment. This is why you should try it.....you will know for sure if it changes your consciousness that there is something real, tangible. Or you will find it does nothing so you can reject it all as nonsense. Without experimenting you will never really know.

Unfortunately there are many Religions in the world today (10 000 according to some accounts). I am unlikely to live for long enough to spend 6 months on every Religion. Sure, I am trying to find a short cut. However, if there is a Religion that has the truth surely this must be easily identifiable?

Be anything, a muslim, Christian or Hare Krishna just follow properly and you will made advancement. About my suggestion to chant Hare Krishna, if you want just chant Christ, it is a name of God and equally powerful. All religions encourage the chanting of Gods holy names, please try it.

Please excuse my somewhat harsh previous post, if you found it to passionate I do appologise.

I wish you all the best in you journey, you are a sincere seeker and I know you want to find the truth and I commend you for it. Try reading Bhagavada gita, many great thinkers and scientists such as Einstien studied the Gita and the Vedas. I am very confident that you will find everything that is contained in other scriptures in it and much much more.

I wish you the best!

Hare Krishna;)

If you follow Jesus teachings in the Bible, then you will not be a Hare Krishna.

Is that an unproven speculation? Yes I think so. I am a Vaisnava and follow the bible also very nicely.

"For God so loved the World, that he gave his ONLY Begotten Son, that whosever believes IN HIM, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

- John 3:16

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life, no man comes to the Father, but by me."

- John 14:6

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God IS eternal life thru Jesus Christ our Lord."

Please spare me quotes that I have read time and time again to prove your FALSE INTERPRETATION of them to mean that only born again christains are going to the kingdom of God and all good people from other religions are going to hell.

I have spoken to many leading authorities in the Chrisitan religion and they all agree that this is a false idea presented by the 'born again sect'.

If you want Christians to stop calling Hare Krishna's a hodgepodge new age cult, and want to be respected on your own, then you better stop twisting their religious founder's teachings, as if they were connected to Vaishnavism, and acknowledge that the Christian religion is an entirely separate religion, with it's own beliefs and doctrines, that have no historical connection to the Messianic Judaism religion of Jesus Christ.

LOL Im sorry I have no concern to what a fanatical NEW AGE hodgepodge cult known as 'Born Again Christianity' thinks about Vaisnavism nor do I have any concern for the 'respect' of such indiviaduals. It is amusing that you refer to Vaisnavism as 'new age' although it precedes Christianitly by thousands of years.!! :wacko:

Born again is notorious for being a cult with a very fanatical hate ridden bias toward other religions and your views in no way repressent so many good christians. Yes before you say it Hare Krishna has also cultish elements, but this is due to corrupt leaders in the movement who have disobeyed Prabhupada and many blind followers of them. In time the corruption will be removed and has nothing to do with the Founders original books and teachings.:deal:

To state that all religions are teaching basically vaishnavism in their own ways, is the height of arrogance, and is to belittle the respective teachings of each tradition. These are all their own religions respectively.

Right OK...so to suggest that all religions have a common goal which is to love one another, love God, learn about who we are, what is our relationship with God, that our real home is to be with God..........is arrogance you say?!!!:wacko:

But to suggest that only a cult of followers who missinterpret one quote from the bible as their sole doctrine and suggest that all other religions be they good kind people.....ARE GOING TO HELL because they dont happen to go through Jesus....well thats OK?:wacko:

Just a thought but that understanding seems a bit unintelligent, fanatical, illogical, sectarian, cultish, hate ridden and mindless.

Hare Krishna:D

Guest guest

I feel like the idea that all other religions such as buddhism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism etc are going to hell because they dont go 'through Jesus Christ' is somewhat fanatical and seems to be a distortion. This is obviously a very narrow minded understanding that is mainly propounded by the Born Again sect of christianity.

Ok, I know many Christians personally, many Catholics, many Protestants, not many reborns though. They all believe (without exception) that Jews, Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists will not achieve salvation. Some of them would be hesitant to say out loud that the followers of these other Religions will go to Hell but I know for a fact that this is the official policy of some Protestant churches. This is in fact also the official policy of the Catholic church (the biggest Christian church), that no one outside the Church will achieve salvation. To be honest, I am aware of some "Christians" that would agree with you but they are theologians that operate on the outskirts of their Religious groupings and they are often not well accepted by the mainstream adherents.

You are lucky that most Christians that you know also believe that Muslims, Hindus and Jews will go to Heaven one day. From my experience and awareness I suspect that this may be an isolated case.

Jesus did say you have to go through him. But it could mean so many things but this one interpretation given my born again christians. One such idea is that one muct go through the bona fide representative, which was Jesus at that time.

You also say that I put a vegetarian interpretation on Christianity. 'Thou shalt not kill' is CLEAR, SIMPLE , DIRECT. Killing according to the dictionary means any kind of killing. Actually the INTERPRETATION for this to mean only humans and not animals is just that.....an INTERPRETATION, by the so called Christains. Prabhupada said that Jesus said 'thou salt not kill' yet the so called christains have opened the biggest slaughterhouses. Its really a simple thing....killing poor animals especially cows is extemely sinful and one will never even begin to undertand God.

You may be right with your interpretation of the Bible. It is difficult for me to say. The fact is I have not heard ever of any Christian that is vegetarian because of the Bible.

It seems to me that you are defining another Christian denomination with no (or at least very few) adherents (excluding the Hare Krishna kind of Chistians of course). Again, I am not saying you are wrong but considering that there are already about 30 000 Christian denominations with widely different interpretations of the Bible, I find it difficult not to see your kind of Christian denomination just as number 30 001. The reason why I mention this is because this is a problem for me. How do I really find the one that is more true than all the others?

Of course here you may argue that it does not matter which one is the most true. Yet you find vegeterianism so important that you are willing to define another Christian denomination (be rejecting all the other "so called Christians" that eat animals). So this seems like a contradiction to me. On the one hand you say it does not matter which Religion you adhere to and yet on the other hand you say all Religions must be vegetarian which immediately invalidates numerous other Religions.

I am carrying on a bit but for me this is important to make sense of the Hare Krishna movement. I recently read a bit about Hinduism as well and remember being confused about it for the same reason.

If Hare Krishna followers really truthfully believe that all Religions are equally valid, should they not accept the possibility that maybe vegetarianism is not so important? They just cannot have it both ways.

If I am missing something here please enlighten me :)

That is exactly my point. Science is about a hypothesis, then experiment, then a conclusion. You say 'why should I blindly chant for 6 months' which is exactly like saying why sould I even make an experiment. This is why you should try it.....you will know for sure if it changes your consciousness that there is something real, tangible. Or you will find it does nothing so you can reject it all as nonsense. Without experimenting you will never really know.

This is a fair point. I realize this could be a valid way to experience whether there is truth in a Religion. However, whenever I asked adherents of other Religions (Catholics, Mormons, Protestants, Reborns etc) a similar question the also gave me a very similar response which goes something like this: "Study the scriptures, come to our services, pray to God and ask Him whether our Religion is the truth."

So in order for me to understand the truth value of any Religion it seems that I am going to have to spend some time with it. Given that there are so many Religions I am trying to find some criteria that would narrow down the list a bit. So if you can give me any more guidance with respect to the Hare Krishna Religion I would appreciate it.

Most Religious scriptures are a bit complicated to appreciate without some guidance so I am trying to come to some basic understanding of the various Religions without having to read all the scriptures (which may take me an absurd amount of time).

Please excuse my somewhat harsh previous post, if you found it to passionate I do appologise.

It is fine, as long as you will have patience with my questions, which may seem like criticism, but is aimed at understanding the Hare Krishna way of looking at the world better.

Guest guest

<font color=red><B>You should simply ignore such people. They are fanatics. Religion is not 'competition', so why wouldn't a person from another religion be leigible for salvation? People who speak like this have poor knowledge.</font></B>

Ok, I know many Christians personally, many Catholics, many Protestants, not many reborns though. They all believe (without exception) that Jews, Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists will not achieve salvation. Some of them would be hesitant to say out loud that the followers of these other Religions will go to Hell but I know for a fact that this is the official policy of some Protestant churches. This is in fact also the official policy of the Catholic church (the biggest Christian church), that no one outside the Church will achieve salvation.

If Hare Krishna followers really truthfully believe that all Religions are equally valid, should they not accept the possibility that maybe vegetarianism is not so important? They just cannot have it both ways.

<font color=red><B>If the religion says vegetarianism is not so important, then that's OK. But Christianity clearly says meat eating isn't allowed.</font></B>

Guest guest

<font color=red><B>If the religion says vegetarianism is not so important, then that's OK. But Christianity clearly says meat eating isn't allowed.</font></B>

Guest guest

<font size=5 color="red" face="monotype corsiva"><B>You shall not kill</font></B>

This is clearly stated and straightforward. Why do you take this to be a Gaudiya version when Christians themselves acknowledge the above quote?

The Gaudiya version of Christianity, you mean. What next? Islam says meat eating is not allowed?

Redefine Christianity to match your beliefs. Then say Christians who do not follow your new redefined version are not true Christians.

Guest guest

Further, I don't know much about Islam, so can't comment. But Christianity cleary says one should not kill.

The Gaudiya version of Christianity, you mean. What next? Islam says meat eating is not allowed?

Redefine Christianity to match your beliefs. Then say Christians who do not follow your new redefined version are not true Christians.

Guest guest

<font size=5 color="red" face="monotype corsiva"><B>You shall not kill</font></B>

This is clearly stated and straightforward. Why do you take this to be a Gaudiya version when Christians themselves acknowledge the above quote?

That is for humans; not for other forms of life. There is no mention of Jesus telling his fishermen buddies not to kill fish.

You are killing countless bacteria and insects every moment you live. By your reasoning, to be a true Christian one should immediately commit suicide. In conclusion, the Christians know what they are doing & your modern twists to suit your new found beliefs mean nothing outside the Gaudiya world.

Guest guest

How do you make that assumption that it only meant humans? Please provide evidence from the scripture to support your claim.

That is for humans; not for other forms of life. There is no mention of Jesus telling his fishermen buddies not to kill fish.

You are killing countless bacteria and insects every moment you live. By your reasoning, to be a true Christian one should immediately commit suicide. In conclusion, the Christians know what they are doing & your modern twists to suit your new found beliefs mean nothing outside the Gaudiya world.

Guest guest

1. Go back to the original Hebrew text. The word does not mean kill, but murder. You will see this reflecting soon in English translations. It is probably already out in some international translations.

2. The Bible never advocates vegetarianism. On the contrary Jesus engages and interacts with fishermen who continue to be fishermen even after their association with Jesus. Obviously he had no issues with killing fish.

3. This is the default interpretation and has been interpreted this way for thousands of years now.

Now we will examine your new interpretation of the Bible inspired by your association with Indian religion.

1. No form of life should be killed. This includes all the insects and micro-organisms you are killing every second for your survival. You avoided commenting on this when I mentioned it in the previous post. Please address this first. How can one be a true Christian by your definition while killing millions of Bacteria all the time?

2. Since killing is your problem, then you should have no problems with meat-eating as the two are not connected. Most people who eat meat never killed any of the animals they ate.

3. If you really believe in the Bible and believe vegetarian Christians will go the same place Hare Krishnas go to, then why bother with becoming a hare krishna? It demands more discipline, austerities, abstinence and several lives of burning karma to get there. Contrast this with Christianity where you can live a relatively more casual life and get there in just one lifetime? All you need to do is accept Christ as your savior, repent for your sins and you are set.

Your problem is you cannot let go of your past conditioning of Christianity and therefore it is terribly important for you to make your HK belief compatible with your past belief. You make adjustments like the above by twisting existing interpretations to suit your new belief. After a few months, you forget you created these new definitions to make your new belief more palatable. After a few years, you will completely forget that you invented these adjustments to the point where you will not remember you created them even if someone reminds you.

Guest guest

Amusedguest,

You ask too many answers from one whose own knowledge is limited. You ask intelligent questions though and I like this discussion, so I will attempt to answer. I will not speculate however about those questions that I do not know the answer for, so some of your questions will go unanswered. Please see in RED below.

1. Go back to the original Hebrew text. The word does not mean kill, but murder. You will see this reflecting soon in English translations. It is probably already out in some international translations.

<font color="red"><B> Can accept this answer to some degree but how much it is true is to be confirmed. There are many opposing views about the real meaning of the word with some claiming it means 'kill' and some claiming it means 'murder'. The jury is still out on this one. </font></B>

2. The Bible never advocates vegetarianism. On the contrary Jesus engages and interacts with fishermen who continue to be fishermen even after their association with Jesus. Obviously he had no issues with killing fish.

<font color="red"><B> If Jesus were to only interact with pure souls, what need was there to come to this world? He came to save the fallen souls and this necessitated interacting with them. That doesn't mean those fishermen were right in doing what they were doing. How do you make this conclusion? You say 'obviously. It ain't so obvious to me. </font></B>

3. This is the default interpretation and has been interpreted this way for thousands of years now.

<font color="red"><B> That's a poor argument. I expected better from you. For thousands of years, it was assumed the world was flat. Did it make that right? </font></B>

Now we will examine your new interpretation of the Bible inspired by your association with Indian religion.

1. No form of life should be killed. This includes all the insects and micro-organisms you are killing every second for your survival. You avoided commenting on this when I mentioned it in the previous post. Please address this first. How can one be a true Christian by your definition while killing millions of Bacteria all the time?

<font color="red"><B> Good question and I have no clue what the answer is.</font></B>

2. Since killing is your problem, then you should have no problems with meat-eating as the two are not connected. Most people who eat meat never killed any of the animals they ate.

<font color="red"><B> Again, that is not a good argument. I'm heard of 'accomplice to murder', haven't you? According to laws in society, you may not kill but you will be punished for instigating someone else to kill. Do you think your argument will hold? If it cannot in material society, how can such an argument pass in the stringent laws of Karma?</font></B>

3. If you really believe in the Bible and believe vegetarian Christians will go the same place Hare Krishnas go to, then why bother with becoming a hare krishna? It demands more discipline, austerities, abstinence and several lives of burning karma to get there. Contrast this with Christianity where you can live a relatively more casual life and get there in just one lifetime? All you need to do is accept Christ as your savior, repent for your sins and you are set.

<font color="red"><B> As I said, my knowledge is limited but with this particular question, allow me to express my opinion. If it sounds speculative, please ignore the answer. From what I've learned and experienced, the destination of a pure Hare Krishna devotee and that of a pure Christian are <I>not</I> the same. A pure devotee of Krishna goes straight back to Goloka Vrindavana but a pure Christian devotee does not. However, he will be firmly on the path back home and will go back home relatively quickly, perhaps in just a few lifetimes or less. </font></B>

Your problem is you cannot let go of your past conditioning of Christianity and therefore it is terribly important for you to make your HK belief compatible with your past belief. You make adjustments like the above by twisting existing interpretations to suit your new belief. After a few months, you forget you created these new definitions to make your new belief more palatable. After a few years, you will completely forget that you invented these adjustments to the point where you will not remember you created them even if someone reminds you.

<font color="red"><B> Dude, what the hell are you on about? I was born and raised in a hindu family. I had no appreciation of Christianity until I became a Hare Krishna and started to understand that Krishna has many ways to get lost souls back to Him. </font></B>

Guest guest

<font color="red"><B> Dude, what the hell are you on about? I was born and raised in a hindu family. I had no appreciation of Christianity until I became a Hare Krishna and started to understand that Krishna has many ways to get lost souls back to Him. </font></B>

<font color="darkblue"><B> I just want to add to this above point and say that some processes are straightfoward and produce immediate results. Vaisnavism is one such process where success is achieved really quick. The other methods such as Christianity & Islam take much more time but for the sincere practitioner, it guarantees eventual success. Else, why would Krishna take all the trouble to send His representatives to start those religions? But I agree with your premise that the immediate result cannot be the same.</font></B>

Guest guest

To our meat addicted "born again" bogus sect follower (and yes you will be born again as an animal).

Bottom line. Your a SENSE ENJOYER, your addicted to the pleasure of eating an animals flesh. Thats all......bas. You try to justify your sinful addiction by twisting and turning.

Your like a smoker, a drunkard, a prostitute hunter who will justify SINFUL behaviour because they cannot give it up and are so pathetic try to justify that it is not even wrong.

Killing an animal just to gorge on its flesh, to satisfy a glutonous lust of the tonque, to make an animal suffer then die a violent death, just for that. Well thats selfish, sinful , degraded, and YOU THINK IT IS RELIGIOUS!!! God is far from such people FAR.

To try and twist "Thou shalt not kill'" to 'thou shalt not murder" has already been done in many editions of the bible. Its inaccurate and a pathetic attempt for the flesh enjoyers to have their cake and eat it.

Sorry you cant have GOD and SALVATION......with..... KILLING, VIOLENCE AND FLESH ENJOYMENT.

This quote from Bhagavatam which was written 5000 years ago applies directly to describe our meat lusting friend who's heart is cold and dead like a stone:

“Those who are ignorant of real dharma and, though wicked and haughty, account themselves virtuous, kill animals without any feeling of remorse or fear of punishment. Further, in their next lives, such sinful persons will be eaten by the same creatures they have killed in this world.” (Bhagavata Purana 11.5.14)

Stop making Jesus suffer for you, why dont you at least try and stop sinning?

Hare Krishna

All Glories to Srila Prabhupad

The very important object in this kali yuga is to have one religion and one Lord as in the form of Lord's (Krishna) name. The Chanting of the Holy name is the occupational duty of a human in this kali yuga. so there is no distinction between a human being, a tree, a dog, an Elephant and all other things which we are seeing in this universe.any of the 84 lakh species of lifes.anything a human, monkey,dog, all can take part in this Chanting as said by Srila Prabhupad.

Chanting is the Basic qualification to become a devotee of the Lord Krishna.and that is recommended for this dark age of Kali yuga. so simply by chanting one can attain Lord Krishna.just simply because of chanting the Holy Name of the Lord Krishna!!! Krishna is the religion and all the castes here in this world and he himself says in the Bhagavad Gita

O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable Om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man.[7.8]

from Lord Krishna comes the ability, all the ability, all the intelligence, these so called scientists claim that they are intelligent. but where did the intelligence comes from. that's from Lord krishna.this is clear.

so feel the presence of Lord in all the forms which you are seeing here in this material world. believe that he is reason for all the things here and surrender to Lord Krishna.

Hare Krishna movement follows all these things which are true and also authorised disciplic succession authorised by Lord Krishna himself.so why cant take up Chanting of Lord Krishna's name and join Hare Krishna. its very easy and simple.blissful, transcendental, everlasting and true.

more for about this Chanting of the holy name of the Lord krishna. please visit:

http://www.krishna.org/ctfote/goldage.html

hari bol i think this will help!!!...

Guest guest

I have to agree with you Bhakta.

How is it possible for one who does not have compassion for poor helpless animals to develop love for God? If you can't love the creatures that are manifest to our vision, how is it possible to love someone who is unmanifest to our material eyes?

Without compassion, there can be no possibility of love for God.

To our meat addicted "born again" bogus sect follower (and yes you will be born again as an animal).

Bottom line. Your a SENSE ENJOYER, your addicted to the pleasure of eating an animals flesh. Thats all......bas. You try to justify your sinful addiction by twisting and turning.

Your like a smoker, a drunkard, a prostitute hunter who will justify SINFUL behaviour because they cannot give it up and are so pathetic try to justify that it is not even wrong.

Killing an animal just to gorge on its flesh, to satisfy a glutonous lust of the tonque, to make an animal suffer then die a violent death, just for that. Well thats selfish, sinful , degraded, and YOU THINK IT IS RELIGIOUS!!! God is far from such people FAR.

To try and twist "Thou shalt not kill'" to 'thou shalt not murder" has already been done in many editions of the bible. Its inaccurate and a pathetic attempt for the flesh enjoyers to have their cake and eat it.

Sorry you cant have GOD and SALVATION......with..... KILLING, VIOLENCE AND FLESH ENJOYMENT.

This quote from Bhagavatam which was written 5000 years ago applies directly to describe our meat lusting friend who's heart is cold and dead like a stone:

“Those who are ignorant of real dharma and, though wicked and haughty, account themselves virtuous, kill animals without any feeling of remorse or fear of punishment. Further, in their next lives, such sinful persons will be eaten by the same creatures they have killed in this world.” (Bhagavata Purana 11.5.14)

Stop making Jesus suffer for you, why dont you at least try and stop sinning?

Guest guest

I have to agree with you Bhakta.

How is it possible for one who does not have compassion for poor helpless animals to develop love for God? If you can't love the creatures that are manifest to our vision, how is it possible to love someone who is unmanifest to our material eyes?

Without compassion, there can be no possibility of love for God.

Once again, this is your own reasoning based on one of the several restrictions imposed by your religion. Not a problem for other religions although you would like to imagine so.

Romans 14 was written for people just like yourself. Please read it to get a bigger picture than your current narrow version which says anyone who does not think as you do is wrong.

Guest guest

Well, if doubts arise about the teachings on one person, then we must make enquiries from other sources. The great Acaryas (including ones from other religions) advocate non-violence, so why are trying so hard to advocate violence?

Is asking you to stop torturing innocent animals just to satisfy your tongue too much? Give me a break!

Once again, this is your own reasoning based on one of the several restrictions imposed by your religion. Not a problem for other religions although you would like to imagine so.

Romans 14 was written for people just like yourself. Please read it to get a bigger picture than your current narrow version which says anyone who does not think as you do is wrong.

Guest guest

The great Acaryas (including ones from other religions) advocate non-violence, so why are trying so hard to advocate violence?

We advocated nothing. On the contrary you jumped in saying the bible prohibited meat-eating. We responded pointing out that HK rants about knowing the Bible better than Christians are unfounded. We are telling you to refrain from judging other religions based on the rules laid down by your religion. The rules of your religion have no value to others but this is something that is apparently hard for you to grasp.

We follow the message of Romans 14 and do not sit in judgment of others who do not think as we do. This is religious tolerance…something hard for born again Christians and their counterparts the Hare Krishnas to comprehend.

Is asking you to stop torturing innocent animals just to satisfy your tongue too much? Give me a break!

Singing a different tune now? Your original post was pointing out to Christians that they had got the Bible wrong. Now you changed that to "asking people to stop…".

It appears now you have withdrawn your original claim of the Bible prohibiting meat-eating which is something gained.

Guest guest

This is getting nowhere. Let's just agree to disagree and move on.

We advocated nothing. On the contrary you jumped in saying the bible prohibited meat-eating. We responded pointing out that HK rants about knowing the Bible better than Christians are unfounded. We are telling you to refrain from judging other religions based on the rules laid down by your religion. The rules of your religion have no value to others but this is something that is apparently hard for you to grasp.

We follow the message of Romans 14 and do not sit in judgment of others who do not think as we do. This is religious tolerance…something hard for born again Christians and their counterparts the Hare Krishnas to comprehend.

Singing a different tune now? Your original post was pointing out to Christians that they had got the Bible wrong. Now you changed that to "asking people to stop…".

It appears now you have withdrawn your original claim of the Bible prohibiting meat-eating which is something gained.

Guest guest

Enjoy your flesh my friend but all your word juggling will not nullify the laws of karma and the reaction you are going to have to suffer. Fire burns your finger when you put it in the flame. Defeating your own straw men that devotees are narrow minded, etc etc cannot change the laws of nature.

“He who desires to augment his own flesh by eating the flesh of other creatures, lives in misery in whatever species he may take his [next] birth.” (Mahabharata, Anu.115.47)

“The sins generated by violence curtail the life of the perpetrator. Therefore, even those who are anxious for their own welfare should abstain from meat-eating.” (Mahabharata, Anu.115.33)

The bottom line is this many of the oldest religions speak strongly againced meat eating, the more recent religions allow it under restriction, (kosher, hallal, no meat on a Friday). Even in the vedas there is some concession for the meat eaters to allow them to be purified (although they still suffer bad karma)

The intelligent conclusion is that its is sinful and that it is not at all condusive to liberation.

Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Interesting views, it is sinful to eat animals, but yet animals eat other animals all the time so are they also sinners? Can anyone here prove the idea of being reborn as a animal? Or is that just cannonized religious dogma they just believe for whatever reasons? A simple yes of no answer to a yes or no question.

As for Jesus the fellow never existed and the Christian Bible is a fraud stolen from other religions much more ancient. So since the premise is false the teachings are moot, as they rest on real Divine authority.