IndiaDivine.org

sarabeshwara temple details

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.agasthiar.org/AUMzine/0015-s4.htm

http://www.chennaionline.com/hotelsandtours/Placesofworship/2006/07temple103.asp

We have a good temple in chennai. Om Sri Skandhashramam. there is a 12 feet high status of the lord.

According to Hindu mythology Lord Shiva sends Veerabhadra to quell the anger of Lord Narasimha He had vanquished the demon King Hiranyakashipu. Unable to control the turbulence of Lord Narasimha, Veerabhadra pleads with Lord Shiva for help. A shaft of light enters Veerabhadra who assumes the magnificient form of Lord Sarabeswarar. The 12 feet panchaloha idol of Sri Veera Sarabeswarar at the ashram is half-bird and half-beast, with two wings bearing Goddess Sri Ugra Prathyankira and Goddess Sri Soolini. The face is that of a Yali. Sri Sarabeswarar bears a deer, battle axe, snake and fire in his four hands. He also bears Bhairava and Agni in his abdomen. Two of his four feet rest on a mountain. The benign grace of Lord Veera Sarabeswarar is said to protect devotees from all kinds of malevolent forces. The Ashta Bhairavar's Achithanga Bhairavar, Ruru Bhairavar, Chanda, Krodana, Kabala, Unmatha, Bheeshana, Samkara and Svarnakarshana Bhairava are installed around the shrine.

Sri Ugra Prathyankira Devi

Facing the shrine of Lord Sri Veera Sarabeswarar in Skandasramam, is the 12-foot panchaloha idol of Goddess Sri Ugra Prathyankira also known as Sri Atharvana Bhadrakali. She is also referred to as Aparajitha - the invincible. She is believed to have emerged from the fire emanating from the third eye of Lord Sri Veera Sarabeswarar. It was Goddess Sri Prathyankira who aided in subsiding the anger of Lord Narasimha. She is lion-faced and is seated on a lion. Her four hands bear a noose in the form of a snake, trident, hand-drum and bowl (kabala pathram). She wears a garland of skulls. In this Kali Yuga, where evil is manifest in varied forms, Goddess Sri Prathyankira is regarded as the saviour of mankind, alleviating the sufferings of humanity. She possesses the power to offset the influences of black magic. Though fearsome in appearance, she is the very embodiment of benevolence and grace to her devotees. Navadurgas - Sri Sailaputri, Sri Brahmacharini, Sri Chandrakande, Sri

Kushmande, Sri Skandamatha, Sri Kathyayani, Sri Kalarathri, Sri Mahagauri and Sri Sidhithathri - are installed around this shrine.

--

rgds,

aravind.

sandesh menon <sandesh_menon (AT) (DOT) co.in> wrote:

Hii,

Which side is staying sarabeshwara temple in kumbakonam in madras. | wish to go to that temple also i wish to make a temple in my house of sarabeshwara deva. what will i do. when will i go to that temple. I wish to make a small temple in my house of sarabeshwara deva. can you help me. ??? i will make a panchaloka vigraham of sarabeshwara. please sent me a reply.

--------------------------- sarabeshwara temple Om shivaya namah Namaste sri menon, Both of these temples are at tamil nadu, near kumbakonam Rgds Anand

"prkerala" Tue, 13 Feb 2007 12:59:07 RBSC : sarabeshwara temple Is there any temple of sarabeshwara and pratyangira devi in india. If yes, pelase give me that adress and phone number. Second question is there any temple of sarabeshwara and pratyangira devi in kerala? regards sandesh menon

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers

• 5 months later...

Special pujas are performed to Veera Sarabeswarar every Sundays at raghukalam 4.40 pm to 6 pm with special Prathiyankara Sarabha Sulini Homas and abhishekams to the Lord.

Chennai Om Sri Skandasramam is located at

1 Kambar St, Mahalakshmi Nagar, Selaiyur, Tambaram, Chennai-73

Ph - 22290134 /22293388 / 9444629570

website -skandasramam.org