IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Thiruvaradhanam confusions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hari OM: Dear all, Hopefully I am not asking much, but just to clear my doubts with learned bagavathas. I desparately need some clarifications regarding performing Thiruvaradhana for Lord(Perumal). These are where my doubts are :- 1. Usage of vattils :- I have seen two Thiruvaradhana methods on net one from Sri Ramanuja Sampradaya and the other from Sri Ahobilam Matam. The usage of vattils as prescribed in the net differs from each other, especially the sarvartha toyam vattil ( vattil no 5;middle) SRS refers to it to wash udhrani in between upacharams while SAM refers to perform upachara for Sri, Bhu, Nila, Anantha, Garuda and Vishvakshena using it. Which one to follow....? As per my acharya advise the 5th vattil should be Pratigha vattil. My acharya said the two different school of taught is because of the difference of Vadagalai and Theingalai. Is this true...? Which one to follow...? 2. While doing Thirumanjanam; why other type of ( excluding Thailam, Milk, Curd, Young Coconut, Honey, Manjal, Santhanam) materials of Thirumanjanam not offered for Perumal...? Such as Sugar cane water, Abhisheka Kootu, Rice flour, Panchamirtham, Oranges, Lime, etc.Is it not supposed to be offered or can be offered....?Oppiliappan KOil V.Sadagopan in his article (There are many kinds of Thirumanjanam for the Dhivya Dampathis ) refered PanchaKavya Thirumanjanam for Perumal, is this can be done for Perumal...? Why there are different arrangements of kalasam for Lord...? 3. Upacharam for Lord with Satram, Samaram, Thirualavattam, etcWhich is Thirualavattam and which Vajjanam....? As I know Vajjanam refers to fan and Thirualavattam is the Arasa Leaf shaped banner....Which is which.....? Kindly Pls Advise me, to better my Thiruvaradhana to Lord Regards Rajiv

News, entertainment and everything you care about at Live.com. Get it now!

http://www.live.com/getstarted.aspx

Vyajjnam = fan

darpanam = metallic mirror

chatram = umbrella or parasol

chamaram = or venchamaram = a kind of tuft made of animals tail (horse, deer..)

Tiruaalavattam, aalavattam or talavrunthey = spade shape (Aala leaf or banyan leaf)

(it is not pipal or arasamara elai) it is Aalamaram Yilai where perumal in aalilaiyil pali kondan

candravattam = cresent

suryavattam = sun

nakstravattam = star

dwajam = flag

Paatra parikalpanam (setting the confusing paatrams)

five vattils or pancha paatram placed in a tray (vehdhi)

FACING TOWARDS DEVATA

^^^^^^^^^^^^

-----------------

¦ 1ST.... 2ND ¦

¦..... 5TH...... ¦

¦ 4TH.... 3RD ¦

-----------------

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

FACING TOWARDS AACHARYA

at the front (towards devata)

left hand side 1st vattil = paadhya paatram (usage for pathyam-wash leg)

right hand side 2nd vattil = aachamaneeya paatram (for aachamanam-wash mouth)

at the centre

5th vattil = sarvaathathooya paathram (for udhraani suthi-cleansing spoon)

at the rear (towards you)

left hand side 4th vattil = archiya paatram (for aarchiyam-washing hand)

right hand side 3rd vattil = snaana & paneeya paathram (for offer bath-snaanam & drinking-paneeya)

separately there should be another 4 more paathrams / vattils or small kinny chembu or kudams or vessels

those are:

a. prathigraha vattil (for pouring the offered water)

b. suddhothaga vattil (For tirumanchanam)

c. arkhiya vattil (note it is different from the 4th vattil in the vehdhi) for you or the aacharya archiya (washing hand)

d. puurna kalasam or puurna kumbam or tirukudam or tirukaveri holds water to filling and refilling the pancha vattils (water with tulasi, pacha kapuram, cloves, cardamon, jathi kai, pulang kilangu, chenbakamottuu, simply parimalam & sarrupadi, sandal, saffron)

for tirumanchanam I don't think so there are any restrictions, but about panchakavyam (I believe there is no restriction but yet I am plausible)

I don't think so there is any variance in vadakalai and tenkalai about the patra parikalpanam for tiruvaraathanam. anyway I am thenkalai, so correct where appropriate

nevertheless It is good to observe your parambara or sampradhya aacharya's methods.

whether V or Y at the end all offering goes to Perumal, it is not a criminal offence of different practice.

if u found any error please forgive me, it has been approximately 9 years since I have been lost touched with the kovil aaradhan vithis as in the UK I am not practising and not capable and not convenient.

appaney yemakku terinthathu yiwallawu thaan