IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sailu

how does energy help us?

Rate this topic

hare krishna!

i often listen that energy gets dissipated when we engage our mind in unholy thoughts...my question is how does the saved energy help us?

is it that we get more stamina? or is it like we get brave and uneffected by undesirous effects...or does it help in concentration....or does it gives us power over our sensual gratification....how does this saved energy help us?

please elevate me.

thanks

hare krishna!

hare krishna!

i often listen that energy gets dissipated when we engage our mind in unholy thoughts...my question is how does the saved energy help us?

is it that we get more stamina? or is it like we get brave and uneffected by undesirous effects...or does it help in concentration....or does it gives us power over our sensual gratification....how does this saved energy help us?

please elevate me.

thanks

hare krishna!

What I start to think of when reading your post is the transformation of matter into spirit by engaging matter in bhakti-yoga, devotional service. Prabhupada gives the example of an iron rod put into fire - gradually this iron rod heats up and at one point this rod does the same like fire, it fully adopted the quality of fire.

In the same way our material body, material senses and material mind when engaged in spiritual activity become spiritualized and the quality changes from matter to spirit. As you say the material energy is changed into spiritual energy especially by engaging our material mind to listen to spiritual sound like Hare Krishna, Hare Rama what spiritualizes our whole existence.

And the saved energy helps us to do more and more wonderful things for pleasing Krishna. Just like opening one temple after the other and making more and more sleeping souls to wake up from the bodily concept of life.

Harinama is the dharma of the Golden Age - 'kali kaler dharma nama sankirtana', and one who preaches that dharma all over the world is empowered with Krishna's energy, Krishna sakti -

'krsna sakti vina nahi tara pravatana'

kali-kālera dharmakṛṣṇa-nāma-sańkīrtana

kṛṣṇa-śakti vinā nahe tāra pravartana

SYNONYMS

kali-kālera — of this age of Kali; dharma — the duty; kṛṣṇa-nāma-sańkīrtana — chanting the holy name of Lord Kṛṣṇa; kṛṣṇa-śakti vinā — without being empowered by Lord Kṛṣṇa; nahe — is not; tāra — of that; pravartana — propagation.

TRANSLATION

"The fundamental religious system in the Age of Kali is the chanting of the holy name of Kṛṣṇa. Unless empowered by Kṛṣṇa, one cannot propagate the sańkīrtana movement. Antya 7.11