IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Erik

To all who opened my eyes.....

Rate this topic

Hi,

this is a short poem i wrote this morning, dedicated to Ragaji, Beggar, Mahak, Jai, Guruvani, Brajeshwara Das, Shiva, some Guests for their well meant advices and all who i forgot and Audarya Fellowship for tolerating me here :

A clouded thunderous night over Radha-Kundha

....there comes the soothing sunshine to my eyes

carrying some wise words to my soul

there comes the dark clouds from within my mind

fighting this nectar for my soul

.....there comes the words of the advanced

traveling from some corners of the world

they come to pound upon this rebel inside

breaking the walls, build one by one

....there comes the army of the Brahminhood

set out for a destructive yet loving task

there comes the soldiers of the wise

marching over this ego tripping mind

.....there comes the words sent by Krishna

crushing to pieces this wrong release of energy

there comes the words

there comes the words

I bow down in gratitude to you guys, and girl.....:pray:

And a nice prayer from the Bhagavatam :

Om namo bhagavate narasimhaya

namas tejas-tejase avir-avirbhava

vajra-nakha vajra-damstra karmasayan

randhaya randhaya

tamo grasa grasa om svaha

abhayam abhayam atmani bhuyistha

om ksraum

which means :

I offer my respectful obeisances unto Lord Nrsimhadeva, the source of all power.

Oh my Lord who possesses nails and teeth just like thunderbolts, kindly vanquish our demonlike desires for fruitive activity in this material world.

Please appear in our hearts and drive away our ignorance so that by Your mercy we may become fearless in the struggle for existence in this material world.

SB. 5.18.8

Haribol.

Erik.

Guest guest

Haribol, and thanks, erik. I am honored not by your praise, but for the example you set. This sentiment you have shown is something we are all duty bound to do, to give humble recognition to none other than GURU, those who have helped us in the eternal quest to act in our real constitutional position of servant of the servant of Lord Sri Krsna.

Srila Krsnadas Kaviraja, in his Sri Chaitanya Charitamrta, gives us all this teaching in every verse he writes. When we enter a new chapter, we are placing our heads on the ground to all of those who are there to guide us, to befriend us, and to hear from us. These three relationships between vaisnavas are always to be recognized, that we hear from with rapt attention and in submissive service to those who are more advanced, to work cooperatively in friendship those who are of the same level, and to give the nectar we are given to those who are seeking our counsel. Srila Krsnadas does this at every beginning of each chapter, humbly giving credit for all his authority to those whom he accepts as his authority.

Humbly giving credit is what this movement is about, and we need not be shy about it. Time is short, we give honor to all those who teach us, who befriend us in cooperation, and those who choose to hear from us. All are equal, transcendental to mundane ladder positionings.

I offer my humble obiesancies to the Vaisnavas who have cared enough about these three types of relationships to share their realizations on-line, all you teachers, friends, and students. Thanks again, erik, for this teaching of proper behavior in the assembly of devotees, hare, krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Haribol Mahak,

thankx for the reply, i was already afraid that i screwed up, not to be liked anymore by anybody here:crying2: , i know, it's a weird feeling.

I dived down deep in my own psychology because of all this and learned a big big lesson, which will affect the rest of my life to come.

You see, i worked for a few years as a barkeeper in a backpackers hostel in Rotterdam. There were many girls coming there for a few days and they wanted to have fun, because it is a holiday for them, they came from all places....USA, Israel, Austria, Turkey, Australia etc....and were very attractive.

I always told them stories about India, reincarnation, karma, live and death etc...while drinking a nice wodka orange or any other liquors.

But i told them these stories, not only to educate and entertain them, but also to....you know....sometimes i had 4 girlfriends in one week.

And the guys were always saying that i was so lucky, looking up to me etc...

So i was admired there, a big ego boost.

Me, writing on those forums, posting my experiences, to entertain and a little preaching, i thought, was also having a subtle desire in itself to be admired, i now realize.

And when people reacted against it, i became rebellious, cause how dare you....:mad: go against this ego boost, right ?

It was only on this forum that i got the advices not to post these kind of things, on other forums, it was encouraged.

I don't want to be admired anymore, :smash::uzi: screw it, :kick: .

Anyway, i will, when finished with this reply, delete as many as possible topics and threads on the other forums as that will make me feel better.

I want to write a book in the future with selective experiences.

Haribol and thank you, Mahak and i hope to read the Caitanya books soon, as i have to finish first the "Nectar of Devotion.

All glories to the Vaishnava's who helped me understand....and also to the non-Vaishnava's offcourse, indeed ALL are equal !!!

Cheers,

Erik.

PS...by the way, i wrote that poem early in the morning by candle light, as i didn't want to wake up Kavi, my room mate.

Guest guest

Nice poem,

but don't expect any more replies, cause it might feed your ego or your "being admired" thing.

It doesn't mean they don't like you anymore.

Just something to think about.

Nice poem,

but don't expect any more replies, cause it might feed your ego or your "being admired" thing.

It doesn't mean they don't like you anymore.

Just something to think about.

Or it would feed our egos to think we helped. Guru helped, if you heared Guru through me it had nothing to do with me, I assure you :)

Haribol,

well, i learned to offer everything back to God lately (in this life again), so even this poem comes from Him, i wrote it in a few minutes only, didn't understood where this was coming from the last few days, it's seems so easy, but God is all-powerfull, it's coming from Him, i'm writing like crazy lately, compose songs on guitar etc....

Anyway, i thank your Guru's and also you for transmitting his message, being an instrument in your Guru's hands, wonder when i will meet mine......

Erik.

Anyway, i thank your Guru's and also you for transmitting his message, being an instrument in your Guru's hands, wonder when i will meet mine......

What I meant to say I guess is that you are hearing Caitya Guru from others, you are hearing your Guru, maybe not your diksha Guru whom you will meet one day, but Guru all the same.

Guest guest

Haribol. Since the hippie days, everyone mis-uses the word "ego". The connotation is a marxist nonsense where we suppress our egos for the common good, but this is garbage.

Without ego, one cannot breathe. Ego is neutral, the subtlest of subtle elements. There is nothing forbidden or even closely related to suppressing the ego in the Gaudiya tradition. To recognize the self is ego in its purified form. Other forms of ego are deluding, thus Srila Prabhupada labels this illusion as "false ego". The only part of this phrase we must work on is the "false", not the ego.

False ego means false identification of the body and the mind as the self. False ego is manifest where one thinks he is a great devotee, a deliverer of others, etc. There is no falsity in hearing and chanting the glories of the Supreme, this "egomania" is called swarupa siddhi, correct ego without any tinge of falsity.

There are six main opulences, possessions of all living entities in various degrees. Fame is one of these opulences, and the desire for fame is within the realm of pure ego, correct identification of the self as uniquely related in transcendence to the Supreme Person. To be famous because one asks good questions in the assembly of devotees is never to be rejected, this is the kind of fame we strive for. To be famous because one repeats as one has heard from proper authority on spiritual life is a fame never to be rejected..

So, when sone may deride me as an ego freak, I say "thank you", because I am. I want my real ego, I want to be guru (heavily laden with love of Krsna, so much so, that my natural inclination is to give what I have been given to others).

Those who want to drop ego, drop dead, because this is freedom from ego, non-existance, the epitome of mayavada nonsense, new age, hippie, marxist mumbo jumbo that has no place in the discussion. No ego means that there is no interest in taking a drink of water or taking rest, or breathing air. If one considers what Im saying here, it is sense gratification only that makes one need water, food, or air. No acarya has ever taught to be free from ego, the acarya teaches to be free from the falsity of mistaking the bady and mind as the self, never to die because of neglect of the body and the mind.

Unnerstand where Im coming from? Or am I just ego-trippin here?

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Sorry, you are correct and I forgot the word 'false'. We still need to try and take a humble position, and receiving undo praise sometimes has a undesirable effect of puffing up our false ego, thinking we are more clever than we actually are, and causing us to take credit for the praise instead of immediately offering it to Guru. I've seen that in others and I've felt that in myself, so I know I am correct in that. If we keep it for ourselves the praise serves us, not Guru. Thats all, I didn't mean to contribute to 'the epitome of mayavada nonsense' :) Please forgive any offense.

Guest guest

I always make these points where appropriate. We have to separate the nonsense from reality. Of course, to accept praise is very risky business. Some thought that they could sit in a vyasasana and accept guru puja, but they forgot the main idea. That Srila Prabhupada accepts VYASA puja, this is his appearance day, not AC puja, not HDGSP puja. Because he represents Srila Vyasadeva, who made Bhaktivedanta out of his failed Vedanta because His Guru Srila Narada Muni said he was missing BHAKTI.

He teaches that guru should be worshipped as God, but he also denies that guuru has become god. No, guru accepts Puja because this is sadhana bhakti, the puja he receives is immediately placed at the feet of Krsna.

Tulasi is a good example. Tulasi is only offered to Krsna, however, we give Tulasi to Srimati Radharani as well, because she places tha manjari at the feet of Lord Krsna. We do not place Tulasi at the feet of Srimati Radharani, we place the manjaris in Her hands so she can place Tulasi at thye feet of Lord Krsna.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

PS dont understand the last post about poisoning the water, explain...if you care to, if not, thats okay too, because I have my ego under control. When I bomb on the net, which occurs often, just ask Jahnava Nitai das, I dont accept the blame, just as I dont accept the praise for the good ones. Life is too short, especially with the sitting duck aircraft lure bobbin in shallow water awaiting a missile so the maniac can use his itchy nukie finger.

Sorry if I offended you, maybe Ill tell my ol Hoyt Axton story on the other channel. Its about offenses and how we should take them.

Guest guest

Because we have had such a great time of it here and on other sites as well. Just checkin, though, my ego has to know where he stands with his friends.

hare krsna, ys, mahak

Because we have had such a great time of it here and on other sites as well. Just checkin, though, my ego has to know where he stands with his friends.

hare krsna, ys, mahak

Dandavats Prabhu,

I need to become more conscious in all things, including my postings. I always find your posts quite helpful, for what that's worth.