IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Devotee Preaching Brochures

Rate this topic

35n4sqo.jpg

"The devotees who have taken shelter of the Lotusfeet of Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu take the responsibility for distributing nectarean devotional service all over the world. They are like clouds pouring water on the ground that nourishes the fruit of love of Godhead in this world. The devotees eat that fruit to their hearts' content, and whatever remnants they leave are eaten by the general populace. Thus they live happily." (Madhya-lila 25.276)

These free preaching brochures (download below) were sent to me be by Sri Nandanandana dasa (Stephen Knapp) with following discription:

Namaste and Hare Krishna. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thank you for your interest in these free brochures. These brochures are made to assist you in distributing various aspects of the uplifting aspects of Vedic knowledge, and for answering common questions about our philosophy. It has been seen that they help others get a better understanding of the concepts it contains. These are especially designed to be concise and give succinct explanations of complex topics to fit in the space of a brochure.

They are already formatted and ready for you to use and print for easy distribution. They are also made in Microsoft Word so you can easily change them according to your own needs or liking. You can add special graphics to them if you wish, or merely leave them the way they are and print them on different colored papers and let them fly as much as possible. The more inexpensive they are for you to print, the more you can pass out.

So far the brochures that are included consist of:

1. Karma: What Is It? 2. Reincarnation: A Simple Explanation, 3. Vedic Description of the Soul, 4. Why Be Vegetarian, 5. Vedic Culture: As Relevant Today As Ever, 6. Who Is Krishna? 7. The Significance of Deities and Deity Worship, 8. Prasada: The Power of Sacred Food, 9. What is the Hare Krishna Movement, 10. Who is Srila Prabhupada, 11. Welcome to Our Krishna Temple, 12. On Chanting Hare Krishna (by Srila Prabhupada), 13. The Peace Formula (by Srila Prabhupada).

Here in Detroit we use them very effectively in several ways. We have them on a brochure rack so guests can take them freely, according to their interest. We also use them in “Welcome Packs” that we put together for the Sunday program for anyone who is visiting for the first time. These are small bags with copies of the brochures, along with a postcard size photo of the temple Deities, a few sticks of incense and a small book. During announcements at the Sunday program it is asked if there is anyone who is new. Then, as the congregation applauds and chants “Hari bol”, the guests come up to accept the “Welcome Pack”, and thus feel a special welcome. It is also suggested that you gather email addresses of any new guests to sign them on to the congregational newslist.

The brochures are also passed out to people when devotees go out on sankirtana. They are also taken to pass out when doing classes with students. They can also be used on book tables because if someone does not have money for a book, they can always take a few brochures. There have been times when someone will take a brochure, read it and come back for a book. So these have been quite useful and certainly help introduce people to the basics of our philosophy.

So use the ones you want, or all of them. However, be sure to change the contact information on the back page to list your own address, or temple information, phone number, etc., so people can be sure to get in touch with you later. Then print them out using both sides of the same sheet of paper, and that is your master copy. Then fold them in three sections, the title page being the front, the contact information being the end or the back of it, and you have your brochure.

Thank you for your interest, and may these be of assistance for you.

Hari bol,

Stephen Knapp (Sri Nandanandana dasa)

www.stephen-knapp.com for much more information.

Chanting Hare Krishna brochure

Deities brochure

What is karma brochure

Peace Formula brochure

Prasadam brochure

Reincarnation brochure

Vedic Culture As Relevant As Ever brochure

Vedic Description of the Soul brochure

Welcome to our Temple brochure

What is Hare Krishna brochure

Who is Krishna brochure

Whois Prabhupada brochure

Why Be Vegetarian brochure

Each doc file is between 50-150 KB. Dont forget to replace adress and telephone numbers!

Guest guest

Haribol Suchandra prabhu. This is really nice. We should go out and just distribute these to anyone who has the slightest interest. It can be taken while going to festivals for book distribution. Those that cannot afford books or don't want to pay to buy books, we can hand out these brochures.

35n4sqo.jpg

These free preaching brochures (download below) were sent to me be by Sri Nandanandana dasa (Stephen Knapp) with following discription:

Each doc file is between 50-150 KB. Dont forget to replace adress and telephone numbers!

Haribol Suchandra prabhu. This is really nice. We should go out and just distribute these to anyone who has the slightest interest. It can be taken while going to festivals for book distribution. Those that cannot afford books or don't want to pay to buy books, we can hand out these brochures.

I tried to make a brochure and it took me hours - Nandanandana prabhu surely did a great job to make all this, thanks to him!

Just found an illustrating pic which could be included in the chanting of Hare Krishna brochure:

japamala.jpg

Also see distributebooks.com

One God

<O:Phttp://www.mauritiustimes.com/020207reader.htm</O:P

<O:P</O:P

I would like to comment on what Mona R.Babajee wrote in your paper of 28 December 2006. I can understand her frustration of having to deal with such people supposedly spreading the word of God. I also have had such visits and these have at times put me off. But now I have thought out a way to deal effectively with such people and, believe me, it works: these visits have decreased considerably and I have not had any for some time now.<O:P</O:P

I have bought quite a few religious booklets from the ISKCON people, and each time these people come knocking at my door I hand out one booklet to them and invited them to come and discuss the issues addressed in the booklets with me. Nobody has turned up to date!!!<O:P</O:P

You are right when you say that when you have been born in a family you stick to it. You can’t be a “transfuge”. As my dad used to say – all the trees live entwined in a jungle but you never see a mango on a litchi tree or vice versa. People who cannot stick to the religion they are born in will never stay for long or be happy in any other religion.<O:P</O:P

I do not flaunt my religion and I expect people to respect mine as I respect theirs. I am convinced that there is one God, but different interpretations make different sects and with time different cultures. Just as there is one nature and a large variety of trees, fruits, and flowers – the same way there is one God but a large variety of interpretations and religions.<O:P</O:P

So many wars have been fought in the name of religion; so many atrocities have occurred and religion itself has been given a bad name – so much so that some people repudiate and deny their religious roots to appear modern.<O:P</O:P

If Mrs Babajee feels that the only valid caste for the moment is money, I pray that soon she is proved wrong. We made money and we need money to transact in society. But when we go back home after a hard day’s work we pray and meditate to the Supreme power – not to money. And we feel at peace. We shed away all the negative energies and revel in the communication with the inner self and in our power to trace and capture GOD.

R Neha<O:P</O:P

Q-Bornes

Guest guest

Dear Suchandra prabhu,

PAMHO. I can understand Neha R is coming from, if she was indeed sincere in her desire to discuss the booklet with a Hare Krishna. However, if she was simply using that tactic to drive them away, she is the one that is at great loss, not the devotee. However, ISKCON devotees on book distribution are always eager to preach, so I fail to understand why when someone invited them to discuss, they refused to show up?

These devotees going out to distribute books door to door, tolerating some of the terrible abuses coming their way, for what ... nothing but to please their spiritual master & Lord Sri Krishna. They are not ordinary souls but Mahatmas. If I could have just a fraction of their commitment and dedication, I would have a good chance of overcoming samsara, repeated birth & death. I bow down at their feet.

I hope people like Neha R can learn to appreciate what these devotees are doing. It's a great loss to turn away the mercy that the Lord sends your way, causeless mercy that comes once in a lifetime.

One God

<O:P[

I would like to comment on what Mona R.Babajee wrote in your paper of 28 December 2006. I can understand her frustration of having to deal with such people supposedly spreading the word of God. I also have had such visits and these have at times put me off. But now I have thought out a way to deal effectively with such people and, believe me, it works: these visits have decreased considerably and I have not had any for some time now.<O:P</O:P

I have bought quite a few religious booklets from the ISKCON people, and each time these people come knocking at my door I hand out one booklet to them and invited them to come and discuss the issues addressed in the booklets with me. Nobody has turned up to date!!!<O:P</O:P

You are right when you say that when you have been born in a family you stick to it. You can’t be a “transfuge”. As my dad used to say – all the trees live entwined in a jungle but you never see a mango on a litchi tree or vice versa. People who cannot stick to the religion they are born in will never stay for long or be happy in any other religion.<O:P</O:P

I do not flaunt my religion and I expect people to respect mine as I respect theirs. I am convinced that there is one God, but different interpretations make different sects and with time different cultures. Just as there is one nature and a large variety of trees, fruits, and flowers – the same way there is one God but a large variety of interpretations and religions.<O:P</O:P

So many wars have been fought in the name of religion; so many atrocities have occurred and religion itself has been given a bad name – so much so that some people repudiate and deny their religious roots to appear modern.<O:P</O:P

If Mrs Babajee feels that the only valid caste for the moment is money, I pray that soon she is proved wrong. We made money and we need money to transact in society. But when we go back home after a hard day’s work we pray and meditate to the Supreme power – not to money. And we feel at peace. We shed away all the negative energies and revel in the communication with the inner self and in our power to trace and capture GOD.

R Neha<O:P</O:P

Q-Bornes

Dear Suchandra prabhu,

PAMHO. I can understand Neha R is coming from, if she was indeed sincere in her desire to discuss the booklet with a Hare Krishna. However, if she was simply using that tactic to drive them away, she is the one that is at great loss, not the devotee. However, ISKCON devotees on book distribution are always eager to preach, so I fail to understand why when someone invited them to discuss, they refused to show up?

These devotees going out to distribute books door to door, tolerating some of the terrible abuses coming their way, for what ... nothing but to please their spiritual master & Lord Sri Krishna. They are not ordinary souls but Mahatmas. If I could have just a fraction of their commitment and dedication, I would have a good chance of overcoming samsara, repeated birth & death. I bow down at their feet.

I hope people like Neha R can learn to appreciate what these devotees are doing. It's a great loss to turn away the mercy that the Lord sends your way, causeless mercy that comes once in a lifetime.

Thanks guest for pointing out that you realy want to adress me, the above was not posted to critize anyone but to improve things. But still thanks for highlighting and reminding me that bookdistributors are great devotees, it is surely right!

Guest guest

Prabhu ... I just don't possess any qualification to preach to you. I was just expressing my opinion :)

I understand that you were not trying to criticize. I was just a little, for lack of a better term, annoyed, that someone would try to find a tactic just to keep a Hare Krishna away. But of course, when I look back on my life, I wanted to be away from the Hare Krishnas but thanks to my good fortune, I was somehow eventually attracted and now I have hope.

Your servant,

Thanks guest for pointing out that you realy want to adress me, the above was not posted to critize anyone but to improve things. But still thanks for highlighting and reminding me that book distributors are great devotees, it is surely right!