IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Are you merely a practitioner of the art of deception and not the art of devotion???

Rate this topic

The following is all directed at my self. I am making an in depth analysis about my motivations and level of honesty:

Are you real devotee man? :deal: I mean are you really a devotee of Lord Sri Krsna? :smash: Please show me your credentials!:pray: Can we please reveal the truth about bhakti now?:crying2:

Guest guest

If it is all directed at yourself, why do you post it publicly for all to see and comment upon?

Do you value attention more than you value devotion?

Please add the above to your "in depth analysis" when you consider your "motivations and level of honesty."

Thank you.

If it is all directed at yourself, why do you post it publicly for all to see and comment upon?

Do you value attention more than you value devotion?

Please add the above to your "in depth analysis" when you consider your "motivations and level of honesty."

Thank you.

Form for K.C. forums:

1. Why I am not in Maya

1a. Why you are in Maya

2. Why I have the proper understanding of K.C.

2a. Why no one else does except myself and my guru(s) and his followers:deal:

Guest guest

From a class from the Kartika lecture-course

on Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura 's Madhurya Kadambini

Vrndavana: October 21, 2005

Tridandisvami Sri Srimad Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja

…We will have to consider whether or not we have acquired the four symptoms of:

trnad api sunicena

taror api sahisnuna

amanina manadena

kirtaniyah sada harih

[“One can chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking himself lower than the straw in the street. One should be more tolerant than the tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige and ready to offer all respects to others. ln such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.” (Siksastaka 3)]

Are you giving respect to all others? Are you demanding respect for yourself? You will have to look at all these things. You may have read many, many books and may have memorized so many verses, but if lust and anger do not go from your heart, how can suddha bhakti (pure bhakti) come? How can we enter into the verses? And how can we understand the scriptures?

We have to follow Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami. Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami has stated in Manah-siksa:

pratisthasa dhrsta svapaca-ramani me hrdi natet

katham sadhuh-prema sprsati sucir etan nanu manah

sada tvam sevasva prabhu-dayita-samantam atulam

yatha tam niskasya tvaritam iha tam vesayati sah

[“O mind! How can pure divine love appear in my heart as long as the shameless dog-eating outcaste woman of the desire for prestige is audaciously dancing there? Therefore, always remember and serve the immeasurably powerful commanders of the army of Krsna, the beloved devotees of the Lord. They will at once banish this outcaste woman and initiate the flow of immaculate vraja-prema in your heart.” (Manah-siksa, verse 7)]

That pratistha, desire for name and fame, is like a dog-eating prostitute dancing in the heart, and mukti-vyaghra, the desire for impersonal liberation, is like a tigress.

So consider how much bhakti you actually have. When women see men, does lust come? When men see women, do they feel lust? You must consider, “When my name and fame is checked by someone, do I become angry with that person? Do I have pride?” You must look at yourself and think about this. If you have these faults, how can bhakti come? Yours is then only a shadow of bhakti. Hearing about all these considerations, you must examine your heart and think, “Oh, I don't have bhakti.”

If we consider all these things, we become hopeless – this is our nature. So think about this. You have been hearing so much hari-katha and have lived for so many years with your Guru. Why do you still have so many material desires? How is it possible that the desire to marry is still in your heart? You should already know scripture and you must have attained some renunciation.

vasudeve bhagavati

bhakti-yogah prayojitah

janayaty asu vairagyam

jnanam ca yad ahaitukam

[“By rendering devotional service unto the Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, one immediately acquires causeless knowledge and detachment from the world.” (Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.2.7)]

When pure (suddha) bhakti enters the heart, one automatically attains jnana – knowledge of krsna-tattva, and vairagya – detachment from material enjoyment. When we are still beset by lust, anger and pride, we must ask ourselves, “Where am I? What is my position? Oh, I feel hopeless.”

Twenty to twenty-five years have already passed, and still this anger and lust and desire for fame have not left you? These things must be dispelled.

When we consider our position we become a little hopeless. In this regard, Srila Rupa Gosvami has written in Stava Mala:

pracinanam bhajanam atulam duskaram srnvato me

nairyasena jvalati hrdayam bhakti-lesalasasya

visva-dricim aghahara tavakarnya karunya-vicim

asa-binduksitam idam upety antare hanta saityam

[“I am very weak and lazy to do even the smallest devotional service. Therefore, when I hear of the peerless and difficult-to-perform services performed by the great devotees in ancient times, my heart burns with despair. On the other hand, O Lord, O killer of Aghasura, when I hear that Your waves of mercy splash everyone, from the demigod Brahma down to the most insignificant creature, and even to the demon Aghasura who was the embodiment of sin, then my heart becomes sprinkled with a cooling drop of hope.”]

The meaning of this prayer is as follows: “Alas! Seeing the sadhana of the previous great practitioners of bhakti, I have become hopeless.” We have only one hope. What is that? The mercy of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is flowing everywhere, and even one drop can drown us. Srila Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji Maharaja and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami performed astonishing austerity. The detachment of Gaura Kisora dasa Babaji was very severe. Before him there were many devotees performing austerities for thousands upon thousands of years – and look at us in comparison.

…Therefore think, brothers and sisters. Leave your pride, try to gain victory over your lust, and try to do bhajana of Krsna. There is no other way to achieve this most elevated bhakti.

Therefore, stay with the Vaisnavas; never leave them. In their association you will be disciplined and protected. Study our books. Listen carefully and take these words in your heart. Following the Vaisnavas you should lament, “Oh, my pride and lust have not left me. Fie on me, fie on me!” You should think like this. Look at yourself and lament for your condition. Only in this way can you give up all these bad qualities. Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura wrote all this, and now I'm just repeating.

The following is all directed at my self. I am making an in depth analysis about my motivations and level of honesty:

Are you real devotee man? :deal: I mean are you really a devotee of Lord Sri Krsna? :smash: Please show me your credentials!:pray: Can we please reveal the truth about bhakti now?:crying2:

hare krishna!

dear soul...we all r in the journey towards lord krishna's feet.some have reached him,some are our seniors,some of us are freshers....it doesn't matter where u stand(fresher or senior) what matters is how much r u determined to attain kannayya's feet? if u know that life is only for a short while,if u know that all material possesions will only stay with u temperorily,if u know that ur loved ones leave u without notice.......then comes the real thought

where am i heading? u might fail in first attempt to be polite,kind,loving or live all virtuous life but keep analysing and amending urself untill there is nothing left to change .practice all ur life with faith to please the lord.then god showers u with eternal knowledge.....the knowledge of self !!

hare krishna!

One can only speculate about your motives. The Knower is Paramatman. Pray to Him. If we want to see Krsna, He will arrange whatever circumstances are needed to lead us. Unfortunately it is always possible to observe externally rather than give our heart. Sometimes it's the most successful way of NOT giving our heart which explains how many cheaters have prospered in the name of Krsna and the Spritual Master.

It is difficult however to maintain a strict sadhana and not taste some sweetness. If you don't then one turns to godbrothers/godsisters, the guru, Paramatman for guidance as to what you might be doing wrong.

The acid test is our relationship with others. After all uttama adhikari sees Krsna in everybody.

Srila Sridhar Maharaja: At present, we are disconnected from the prospect of divine love which we cherish in the innermost quarter of our hearts. If we want to have that privilege very easily and very quickly, we must approach the Lord with plain speaking, and with a naked body and mind, with every-thing exposed. Srila Rupa Goswami in Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu (1.2.154) has written:

mat-tulyo nasti papatma

naparadhi ca kascana

parihare 'pi lajja me

kim bruve purusottama

"My Lord, I feel ashamed. How shall I offer you so many pure things like flowers? Generally, pure things are offered to you, but what about me? I have come with the most filthy thing to offer to you. I feel ashamed. I have come to you, with only my shame, to beg for your mercy. There is no parallel to my sinful, criminal life. Everything that can be conceived of as bad is found in me. It is very difficult even to speak about the characteristics of my heinous sins and crimes. Still, your nature, existence, fame, and benevolence cannot but attract me. You can save me. You can purify me. Hoping against hope, I have come to you. And I have only one solace, that I am the real object of your mercy. Your tendency is to purify the meanest. Those who are the most needy have some claim to your mercy. I am the worst of the needy and the meanest of the mean. This is my only qualification, my only hope to attract your attention and appeal to your magnanimity."

Rupa Goswami says in his Bhakti Rasamrta Sindhu (1.2.153) that still there is some sort of subconscious element within him:

yuvatinam yatha yuni

yunanca yuvatau yatha

mano 'bhiramate tadvan

mano 'bhiramatam tvayi

Just as a young boy feels attraction for a young girl, I want that sort of attraction towards you. I want to be engrossed in you, forgetting all material paraphernalia. And by sincere surrender, at once, our progress begins. And the development of that kind of attraction takes us to the topmost rank. I want that intimate connection with you, my Lord. I am the neediest of the needy, but at the same time I have this ambition. I am so disgusted with the world outside that I want the most intense and comprehensive relationship with you. With this attitude, the surrendering process begins and rises step by step. I want that standard of divine love, of intimacy with you. I want to dive deep within you.

I would think that everyone should be cross checking our motives in approaching Krsna. Our minds have been condition by many many births in which we have been deceived and have deceived others about our real motives. Our minds even deceive us as to what our motives really are.So we can assume that we are trying to carry this tendancy into the devotional field.

Human beings in general and endeavoring transcendentalists in particular are meant to engage in such deep introspection.

Thanks for the reminder krsna.

I am confused.

I just can't figure out why nobody can see that I am the most advanced devotee and everyone should be following me.

Wake-up you clowns!

Guruvani is the SOURCE of all light and life.

Please email me for the address to send your donations to my

First Church of Krishna Inc..............:crying2:

Holy Rollers for Krishna!:)

I am confused.

I just can't figure out why nobody can see that I am the most advanced devotee and everyone should be following me.

Wake-up you clowns!

Guruvani is the SOURCE of all light and life.

Please email me for the address to send your donations to my

First Church of Krishna Inc..............:crying2:

Holy Rollers for Krishna!:)

hare krishna

dear soul......though ur words are sarcastic, they show that u wanted to be lords best devotee ...above everyone....that desire is good but not enough as it needs tremondous sincerity,honesty and integrity!

ur cry just looked like a first grade boy crying to sit in the class of 10th grade. u'll only achieve it gradually with lot of practice tests and exams.

hare krishna!

hare krishna

dear soul......though ur words are sarcastic, they show that u wanted to be lords best devotee ...above everyone....that desire is good but not enough as it needs tremondous sincerity,honesty and integrity!

ur cry just looked like a first grade boy crying to sit in the class of 10th grade. u'll only achieve it gradually with lot of practice tests and exams.

hare krishna!

that was a very smple and sweet reply.

sometimes I wish I was just sweet and simple, but unfortunately my mind is a little complicated.

I lost my innocence long ago.

Now, I know too much and have been around the block one too many times.

sometimes I wish I was just sweet and simple, but unfortunately my mind is a little complicated.

No, you can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

You can't always get what you want

And if you try sometime you find

You get what you need</pre>

Guest guest

Good to see people posting lectures on Narayana Maharaja so often these days. He is a great Vaisnava Acarya and thanks everybody for posting them.