IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
AncientMariner

The weather in Indian forrests?

Rate this topic

What is the weather like in these Indian forrests where people like Druva Maharaja and Maharaja Bharata went to engage in devotional service. I assume the weather is fairly mild all year round? Does it ever snow in India?

i've been to the forests that were formally known as Hindambavan and surrounding areas and also went to where Sita was kidnapped - i imagine the ashrams of the sages were around these areas too (some of them at least) - i went in Jan-Feb and the weather was difficult. It was foggy, quite cold. Living in a mud hut would have been very, very hard at that time. Other forests i'm not sure of tho.

Guest guest

Weather patterns right now aren't necessarily representative of weather patters during Vedic times. Climate changes over the course of time, mostly gradually, but perhaps at certain times the climate changes can be drastic.

It snows in the mountainous regions. Anything above Rishikesh will receive some snowfall in winter.

The western gaht forests are the most beutiful ones , indeed the weather in this forests remain pretty noraml throught the year.. this is fairely new part of the country(as compared to other parts of the country) as it was lately created by Lord Prashurama after he destroyed all the kings 21 times.....

Hari hari bol