IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Will I be cursed if I chant the Maha Mantra after eating meat?

Rate this topic

Will I be cursed if I chant the Maha Mantra after eating meat? I have not yet become vegetarian.

If you can honor (take) some real (high quality) prasadam (food offered to the Lord or His pure devotee) then the desire to eat meat will fall away.

Will you be cursed? Well chanting the Holy Names in an attempt to cover up sin while continuing to sin is an offense. That doesn't mean you will be cursed. But it does slow our progress considerably. We all have to chant through the offensive stage so you are not alone.

Why not become firmly resolved to give up meat eatting while continuing and even increasing your chanting? Once you give up corpse food you won't want to go back to it.

Trace back the source for this coming into you mind. It has become a concern for you because you know better. I think it is a gentle nudge from the Lord in your heart to give it up.

Have you ever considered what the karmic reaction is to needlessly killing animals? Ever wonder why some souls (in the billions yearly) end up in the slaughterhouse? Why those particular souls? Where there meateaters of the past.

Really educate ourself on what animal slaughter and meat consumption is and then consider if you still want to take part in it.

I have not yet become vegetarian.

you get soya chunks in desi stores which is vegitarian and good source of protine and also gives you the rubbery texture like chicken which could help you as a substitute and also helps to satisfy ur craving for chicken feel and guilt free. cook it with masala made for chicken curry ,takes less time too.

Be a vegetarian, there are no choices if you want to progress in spiritual life.The body has to be first purified of all that karma it has taken by eating meat, it takes years, believe me.In 1978 I gave up meat, and today I feel very happy and clean inside, but just the thought of meat can disturb the mind at times.Determination,strong resolve arise from the heart, but make the initial effort of rejecting meat intake first.