IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Rahu's head causing eclipses and my faith in scriptures diminishing

Rate this topic

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --> Quote:

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> What is the benefit for a devotee to think about an eclipse in terms of Earth's shadow? That is mechanistic and useless. That is why Bhagavatam explains it like that - Bhagavatam is for devotees, and all explanations are geared to the upliftment of their consciousness. if you want technical knowledge on the eclipses - go to books like Surya siddhanta. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

"do you then agree that iskcon should not use the bhagavatam as a source to disagree with history like stpehen knapp and others do? because you say it is not meant to provide material facts like distance of the moon and lunar eclipses."-Guest

Excellent point!!!!

To The Guest Who Put This Up. I am so glad to hear you have regained focus and are feeling enlivened again in Krsna consciousness. That has enlivened me to hear and is the real purpose of these forums. Jahnava Nitai das must often cringe at this forum when we get into fighting over trivialities and gossip when strengthening everyone's Krsna Consciousness is the sole purpose of this site. (JNdas put up this site).

bolo-hare-krsna,

You are most welcome. It was my pleasure.

in the sense of vedic astronomy Rahu (the upper, always dark, and immortal part of the Vasuki snake who drunk the nectar) and Ketu (the lower, illuminated at times, and dead part of Vasuki) are indeed connected with the Earth's shadow, and their position is well known.

In the occult sense, Rahu is the realm in Earth's shadow, where creatures who hate the sunlight reside. They come to us at night when their realm intersects with ours.