IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhakta Don Muntean

If God can do anything...

Rate this topic

...if God can do anything - if nothing is beyond Him - can He be wrong?

you need to define the terms you use, such as God and being wrong. most questions like that are a simple case of internal conflict of logic - in that case: God is always right and omnipotent - than can He also be omnipotent and wrong? the ultimate question runs like this:

if God is omnipotent, can He also not be God?

people who have no concept of logic ask questions like that.

Guest guest

... A LEELA COMES TO MIND.--IN THE BHARAT WAR KRISHNA SAYS HE WILL NOT PICK UP WEAPONS TO FIGHT-- YET HE CONFRONTS BHISMA WITH A CHARIOT WHEEL UP HELD AS THE SUDHARSHAN !- LATER BHISMA GLORIFIES HIM AS THE LORD WHO WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HIS BHAKTAS EVEN FOREGO HIS WORD - KRISHNA OBJECTS & SAYS HE DID NOT PICK UP A WEAPON IT WAS A WHEEL !..BHISHMA SAYS A PLOUGH IN THE HANDS OF A FARMER IS INDEED NOT A WEAPON BUT IN THE HANDS OF BALRAM ITS WITHOUT A DOUBT A WEAPON..SO THE HWEEL IN HIS HAND WAS INDEED A WEAPON !

SO WAS KRISHNA WRONG ?

Guest guest

Krsna was quite wrong when Mother Yasoda chased Him. He thought by the influence of Yoga Maya that she was going to beat Him and He was very scared. She would never beat Him. So this is how God is wrong. Now try to forget that Krsna is God.

Guest guest

Krsna was quite wrong when Mother Yasoda chased Him. He thought by the influence of Yoga Maya that she was going to beat Him and He was very scared. She would never beat Him. So this is how God is wrong. Now try to forget that Krsna is God.

... VERY NICE LEELA !!

Guest guest

Lord Vishnu is Sarva Shakta, omnipotent. Whatever He wills shall happen.

Lord Vishnu is also Achyuta, Flawless. He doesn't make mistakes.

WE just have to connect the two.

So the question "can Lord Vishnu make mistakes" doesn't arise because He is Achyuta. Nor is this a limitation, because He is Sarva Shakta, meaning whatever HE wills shall happen. Whatever HE wills, not whatever you want Him to do.

Guest guest

So the question "can Lord Vishnu make mistakes" doesn't arise because He is Achyuta. Nor is this a limitation, because He is Sarva Shakta, meaning whatever HE wills shall happen. .....

..AGREED ...SO IF HE WILLS TO MAKE A SO CALLED MISTAKE IT CAN BE SO !

Whatever HE wills, not whatever you want Him to do.

......NOT APPLICABLE ..!

Guest guest

..AGREED ...SO IF HE WILLS TO MAKE A SO CALLED MISTAKE IT CAN BE SO !****

No, because if He did, He wouldn't be Achyuta, would he? Therefore, God never makes mistakes.

Guest guest

THE ABOVE 2 ARE INDEED HIS QUALITIES AND AS YOU POINTED OUT HE IS NOT LIMITED BY THE ABOVE !...

...SO IF HE WILLS TO MAKE A SO CALLED MISTAKE IT CAN BE SO !

....MAYBE CONTRADICTORY BUT TRUE ! ITS HIS WILL !

God can never be wrong. This is not something that can be proven because, by definition, whatever God does is right. And definitions are not to be proven.

You may think that if God can never be wrong, then it is a limitation on Him. But, in reality, it is no limitation. Let us see how.

Wrong itself is no act. Rather it is a label that we apply to some acts. If we claim that God is limited, then we have to find some actual act, which He cannot do. Consider giving false information to somebody. This is an act. If God cannot do this act, then we have found a limitation of God. But God can give false information. So, no limitation. We know, at least in general, that giving false information on purpose is wrong (or bad). However, if God does the same thing, then it is always for some good reason, and therefore not wrong.

So, there is no act, which God cannot do. It is just that the label "wrong" cannot be applied on any act done by God. Just because it is not appropriate to apply a label, which is just a word, it does not mean that God is limited.

While making the previous post, I assumed that the word wrong here means 'bad act' i.e. something which should not be done. I guess this is the sense in which Bhakta Don Muntean was using the word.

However, the poster who posted the leela of Krsna being scared of Yashoda used the word in a different sense. Both meaning are correct. Same word can have various meanings.

Guest guest

God can never be wrong. This is not something that can be proven because, by definition, whatever God does is right. And definitions are not to be proven.

You may think that if God can never be wrong, then it is a limitation on Him. But, in reality, it is no limitation. Let us see how.

Wrong itself is no act. Rather it is a label that we apply to some acts. If we claim that God is limited, then we have to find some actual act, which He cannot do. Consider giving false information to somebody. This is an act. If God cannot do this act, then we have found a limitation of God. But God can give false information. So, no limitation. We know, at least in general, that giving false information on purpose is wrong (or bad). However, if God does the same thing, then it is always for some good reason, and therefore not wrong.

I DO NOT SAY THAT GOD IS WRONG...AND I ACEPT THAT "WRONG" IS JUST A LABLE-- THE QUESTION IS CAN HE COMMIT A MISTAKE WHICH IS A ACT...ON ONE HAND IF WE SAY NO THAN WE ARE LIMMITING HIM AND HE LIMITLESS... SO YES HE CAN MAKE A MISTAKE IF HE WILLS... ACINTHIYA !!

So, there is no act, which God cannot do. It is just that the label "wrong" cannot be applied on any act done by God. Just because it is not appropriate to apply a label, which is just a word, it does not mean that God is limited.

I DO NOT SAY THAT GOD IS WRONG...AND I ACEPT THAT "WRONG" IS JUST A LABLE-- THE QUESTION IS CAN HE COMMIT A MISTAKE WHICH IS A ACT...ON ONE HAND IF WE SAY NO THAN WE ARE LIMMITING HIM AND HE LIMITLESS... SO YES HE CAN MAKE A MISTAKE IF HE WILLS... ACINTHIYA !!

You had put your post inside my quote. So, at first I did not notice it because I thought that you had only quoted me. But, on reading again, I noticed.

Before I answer your question, please clarify what you mean by 'commiting a mistake'. As I understand, it means doing something, which should not have been done. However, if you used it in some other sense, then let me know.

Firstly, not only answers in Parama Satyam must be bona-fide according to shastra, but questions must also be bona-fide.

To deal with this question properly with siddhanta and shastra, we must find it's original form as it is dealt with in shastra and find out how the rishis answered this question.

We cannot just go to tackle such matters without proper shastra reference and conclusions.

If anyone can find that questions perhaps coming from Maharaja Pariksit asking Suskadeva or somewhere else in shastra then we can understand this question with authorized answers.

Guest guest

This is very good advice. I agree completely.

Firstly, not only answers in Parama Satyam must be bona-fide according to shastra, but questions must also be bona-fide.

To deal with this question properly with siddhanta and shastra, we must find it's original form as it is dealt with in shastra and find out how the rishis answered this question.

We cannot just go to tackle such matters without proper shastra reference and conclusions.

If anyone can find that questions perhaps coming from Maharaja Pariksit asking Suskadeva or somewhere else in shastra then we can understand this question with authorized answers.

Guest guest

Isn't Krsna absolute? Without duality. Therefore Krsna can't be a right or wrong. He does, however, make the discrimination of right and wrong (video of Prabhupada talking to Dr.Judah). Don't we have to realise that at the spiritual platform there is no duality, therefore, everything is absolute. Everything is Krsna.

Lord Krishna is not influenced by maya. He plays these parts to please His devotees who want to be His parents, friends etc.

He played the part for the benefit of Mother Yasoda and then when He saw that she had become so disturbed by His tears He allowed His pure devotee to capture Him much to her joy.

It is impersonalism to believe He is influenced by maya like we are.

God can never be wrong.
The ‘total’ is not ‘wrong’ or we would not be here.

Wrong itself is no act. Rather it is a label that we apply to some acts.
Right! all are man made, God doesn’t ‘do’ anything when ‘He’ is ‘of’ everything.

If we claim that God is limited, then we have to find some actual act, which He cannot do. Consider giving false information to somebody. This is an act. If God cannot do this act,
Good job! “He’ isn’t doing what many claim. We are experiencing what “He” has given us the ability too within consciousness. Sick part is we are causing it not “Him” and what we experience ‘He’ does also. Sad, isn’t it?

then we have found a limitation of God. But God can give false information.
Nope … the ‘total’ can never be wrong it has been our species all along.

Rude little beasts, eh?

This whole post basically says, none of us has a clue unless ‘the’ book says so. Sick reasoning if your book is of just one sect in theology as most say the same freaking line.

Please stay away from small children, that ‘kind’ are scary and why this freaking globe is going through the problems we are in. That whole line of reasoning shows 2 things; 1) an oppressive existence; 2) That apparently there is no comprehension of what the teacher or original Guru was saying; we are all a part of ‘total.’ Know it, be responsible and live it!

By definition what He does is right; even when He's wrong - that's right, just the way it's supposed to be
Another scary comment. So when I go poop and there is a mess, is that what I am supposed to leave?

God is all of it, no faults, nothing but existence, either live within or live without; funny thing, that choice!

If you want to know, you will drop your shorts and learn. If you don’t, pull on yourself, as soon that line will be extinct. The ‘total’ is not going to be caring if the individuals continue to remain separate. 2 edged sword; we the people will not stand for continued oppression as well if men continue to segregate by status the last will become the first and the first last.

Try this thought and ask your Guru.

“Will the truth be upon us when the young begin to teach the old?”

The new ‘works’ take each teaching into consideration the old do not. The young are looking for the truth from the ‘total’ the old do not. The old ways will perish now that Kali is over, the beginning is right in front of you.