IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhakta Don Muntean

The Conservatives and the Republicans...my full support!

Rate this topic

It should be mentioned that I have for some time now endorsed and supported the U.S. administration's actions to check the global islamic revolution - however - as evidenced by many postings by me on this forum - I didn't always.

I certainly advocated that the global islamic revolution needed to be checked but - due to certian factors I felt that the U.S. should not be involved - I certianly think that was shortsighted.

We have to encourage our leaders in this connection because the left is trying very severely to undermine the whole effort.

If the efforts to check the islamists fail - then - the free world shall regret not supporting the Bush administration... :idea:...there is still time to get behind this effort and - I urge Canadians and Americans to support their Conservative and Republican governments.

The others [Democrats/Liberals/NDP] are going to try to "negotiate" with these irregular fighters - at the expense of Israel in the short term and - ultimately - at all our expense.

evileyes1bqtn0.jpg

It is regretted if any of my past-postings helped to make any people to look down on the noted efforts of the U.S. administration!

I would like to say that I'm very pleased that the Liberals lost the January 2006 election - VERY PLEASED that we have a Conservative government that understands things better than the Liberals and most especially the NDP.

factsarefacts4pl.gif

Yes with the Conservatives and the Republicans there is now a better chance of a NEEDED 'continental resolve' to deal 'the issues' which are a threat to North America.

americadefeatsthemedited6gh.gif

So in any case - I have spent a great deal of time over the last five years posting about all these problems - critical of that which is jaded both 'here' and 'there' and - it is my hope that our present western leaders are going to continue to fight this war on terror - not as counter-points but rather - as agents of justice...especially now.

I know that our western leaders shall serve this noted 'justice' aptly!

It would seem logical that the location of the solid foundation noted is going to have to be the U.S. and Canada - with little help expected from the E.U. [and that is for the best for now anyway] who seem to have other limited ideas on how to deal with these noted issues....

So for anyone reading my past postings I just wanted this to be known.

yes, vote for the incompetent crooks who gave us the chaos of Iraq, record high gas prices and record deficit in the trillions of dollars (and counting!)

LOL! vote Republican - make sure Haliburton and Exxon make record profits again!

Vote democrat and you'll see the focus go from the war on terror to the war on marijuana - yes that's correct under clintstone more people were busted than under Mr. Bush - go figure - yup and of course - let's not forget that the democrats would give the world to the islamists - just like you would too.

Vote democrat and you'll see the focus go from the war on terror to the war on marijuana...

I dont vote democrat, I vote libertarian, and I do not care about pot. You canadian potheads should not care anyway :)

republicans did a lot worse than falling asleep on the job - they screwed up the job SO BAD it will take decades to recover from the damage they have done! LOL!

Guest guest

If the dems dont win today, by a significant margin, then we will see hillary and her ilk in 2008, and they will win by a landslide.

Just as bush is an embarassment to real conservatism, hillary is the nazi in liberal clothing. She is not for right to choose, she actively supports the abortion industry, which is not choice, but ZPG crap shoved down our throatsd.

We need a dem landslide to prevent the opposition (dems) from adopting a Bush-light centrist view. We need to see the next generation, new faces, obama-types of new thinking.

Otherwise, hillary will win by default, the dems will self destruct, and full on fascism will take place.

And if pot was legal, maybe the kids wouldnt do the hardware store variety, drano mixed with sudafed.

Think deeper, reject those who decide your future.

mahaksadasa

I am Republican at heart in the sense that I believe in limited government and limited taxation. I am alright with the Democrats winning this election however because I don't think the Republicans deserve to be in power because they abandoned their own principles. The liberals will have much more credibility and I think they can even do a fairly decent job if they distance themselves from the Clintons or at least hold them accountable for their transgressions . Howard Dean doesn't look like that much of a lunatic anymore and I have to give him credit for being consistent in his message. It should be interesting and even I feel at least a small sense of optimism to see the Bush era coming to an end even though I voted for him twice. It seems all optimism in the Kali-yuga ends up turning into despair soon enough but for now at least we can hope for the best.

Guest guest

Dems got one house back, maybe two. Now we have balance of power, something the constitution demands. Dems won, not because of iraq, not because of perverts, but because of horrific corruption.

Dems are different that repugnantians, because they have minds of their own. They are not twisted by armageddonists, they run the gambit from almost ultra conservative to very left wing. Republicans have to toe the line, group think.

The republicans may learn from this devastating loss. Just take a look at Arnie, who won handily at the same time Moonbeam (my friend) Jerry Brown got AG. Why did Arnie win? Because hes not blind, he hears the people, not jesus anitchrist pounding from the pulpit. He changes direction because he actually believes in democracy, not this fascist treend of ignoring the will of the people that bush and company seem proud to do.

We get debate now, no more rubber stamping. Not necessarily impeachment, but we can get rid of the constitution destrructive items like the patriot act, the boondoggle Homeland security police state, "faith based" charities that only expand the pockets of perverts may go back to real social reformers, etc.

The neocons have their fancy resorts in Iraq they can go to, we have a freee democracy we can stay in, and real republicans have a place here as well. The neocons have caused this loss of prestiege of the GOP.

mad mahax

Guest guest

Oh yes, how terrible if someone who tried to institute a system of national health care for all Americans, such as they have in the 70 other industrialized countries in the world, will win.

I guess when we are employed by the Federal Government with our Cost-of-Living Allowance, paid vacations, paid sick days, medical insurance for the rest of your life then as a compassionate Vaisnava we are not into supporting someone into providing health care for the 45 million Americans with no health insurance.

Better that the kids already existing don't have any medical coverage, great idea, I'll be sure to let any children you may have spawned when you were a "ganga-smoking surfer" who grew up with no medical coverage to know that.

It really doesn't matter.

The Democrats unseated several Republicans and have now taken control of the House. The Senate is still evenly matched and I still haven't heard back from Montana or Virginia.

227 vs. 195, Democrats lead.

Republicans got a serious whooping, and deservedly so. Unfortunately I dont consider Dems to be a whole lot better than Republicans - both parties are utterly corrupted by big money and special interest groups. There may be a change of rhetoric on Iraq but Dems will not abandon the industrial-military complex in need, nor will they go against the big oil interests, or the Israeli lobby. Mark my words.

In this great con game the real players bet on both sides of the race and buy up all the available Washington harlots regardless of their colors. Untill there is a reliable third party independent of the big money this charade will continue.

when you own both teams, who cares which one wins the game?

still, it was important that Republicans were taught a lesson - their behavior was truly shameless.<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_34579--><!-- THE POST -->

Guest guest

Just as it so wonderful we can now have brother Kulapavana speaking so freely with us, who was once stuck behind Iron Curtain

and just as it is so wonderful we can discuss freely on the internet, and even disagree, thanks to people like Steve Jobs' work helping to advent the personal computer revolution

[he recently gave a speech in which he freely admitted that when he was a student, he was so poor that he always ate at the Hare Krsna Sunday Feast]

mark my words, for every bad thing happening on this planet there are three seriously good things being done. Only the media isn't reporting it, that's all.

In the sixties it was the Vietnam War that finally made people with different agendas get together

this millenium it will be the environment. Amazing things are happening in the world that are fantastically POSITIVE. These miraculous happenings include devotees who are working behind the scenes

existing in this world in a way that no one knows who they are externally. But mark my words, it is and will be the environment that will finally draw people together, including those who pull the strings.

For when the richest 5% of people in the world who own 95% of the wealth figure out that it is better for the bottom line to be eco conscious, and respect Mother Earth, then that change will come. And it is happening in the most incredible of ways even as we speak.

Jaya Srila Prabhupada, Jaya Lord Sri Krsna, Jaya all of our Divine Guardians!

Oh yes, how terrible if someone who tried to institute a system of national health care for all Americans, such as they have in the 70 other industrialized countries in the world, will win.

I guess when we are employed by the Federal Government with our Cost-of-Living Allowance, paid vacations, paid sick days, medical insurance for the rest of your life then as a compassionate Vaisnava we are not into supporting someone into providing health care for the 45 million Americans with no health insurance.

Better that the kids already existing don't have any medical coverage, great idea, I'll be sure to let any children you may have spawned when you were a "ganga-smoking surfer" who grew up with no medical coverage to know that.

So if ms. clintstone wraps her power-mad programs in a 'for the people' healthcare program - then she must be okay!? I think she has commie leanings...

What is that? You accuse me of producing unwanted children? Yer lost. :crazy: I'm not a father to anyone - I never had kids - with anyone. What about you?

Dems got one house back, maybe two. Now we have balance of power, something the constitution demands. Dems won, not because of iraq, not because of perverts, but because of horrific corruption.

Dems are different that repugnantians, because they have minds of their own. They are not twisted by armageddonists, they run the gambit from almost ultra conservative to very left wing. Republicans have to toe the line, group think.

The republicans may learn from this devastating loss. Just take a look at Arnie, who won handily at the same time Moonbeam (my friend) Jerry Brown got AG. Why did Arnie win? Because hes not blind, he hears the people, not jesus anitchrist pounding from the pulpit. He changes direction because he actually believes in democracy, not this fascist treend of ignoring the will of the people that bush and company seem proud to do.

We get debate now, no more rubber stamping. Not necessarily impeachment, but we can get rid of the constitution destrructive items like the patriot act, the boondoggle Homeland security police state, "faith based" charities that only expand the pockets of perverts may go back to real social reformers, etc.

The neocons have their fancy resorts in Iraq they can go to, we have a freee democracy we can stay in, and real republicans have a place here as well. The neocons have caused this loss of prestiege of the GOP.

mad mahax

I agree with a lot of what you are saying and the hardcore neocons really became intolerant of any view but their own and it has lead to their downfall but I have met many liberals that are completely intolerant of debate. I went to college with hardcore feminists who supposedly dedicate their lives to womens rights but hardly one of them thought it was even within the realm of possibility that Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broderick and they would attack you personally even if you thought that Juanita Broderick seemed like a more credible person than Bill Clinton. So your theory is nice but in my experience liberals can be every bit as fascist as conservatives. Best of luck.

Guest guest

The Democrats have won the Senate

Yo Dead Duck Bush!

Less power today than yesterday, Mr Bush!!

Way to go!!!

And in his next life he will certainly go to hell for the sins he is guilty of. 650,000 Iraqis dead and even more will die, it seems, before the Crusaders go back to where they came from.

Who was the war for anyhow? It is clear now that war was waged so the oil-men could get richer. Saddam never had any WMD - Bush was either wrong or lying when he said that the USA should go to war against Iraq because they had WMD's.

Bush and his barbecue buddies will surely go to the special hell reserved for cow-killers. Amen to that.

The Democrats have won the Senate

Yo Dead Duck Bush!

Less power today than yesterday, Mr Bush!!

Way to go!!!

And in his next life he will certainly go to hell for the sins he is guilty of. 650,000 Iraqis dead and even more will die, it seems, before the Crusaders go back to where they came from.

Who was the war for anyhow? It is clear now that war was waged so the oil-men could get richer. Saddam never had any WMD - Bush was either wrong or lying when he said that the USA should go to war against Iraq because they had WMD's.

Bush and his barbecue buddies will surely go to the special hell reserved for cow-killers. Amen to that.

...yes kula u decide who goes to hell...in future - you may be able to help your heros send some of these "Crusaders" - to the so-called front of the line - are you on the 'watch list' yet? You aught to be.

Bhakta Don,

Just face it bro. Bush was an idiot. Kula and Mahak were right all along and the Lord is showing who the true saints are and who are not. There just isn't any use to defending Bush. I don't know if he is going to hell or not as I think there are stories of Vedic Kings that did all sorts of terrible things but eventually sincerely took shelter of the Lord. Don't know if that will happen in this case and that is between Krishna and Bush. The battle of Kurukshetra (spelling?) was fought in 18 days and no civilians were involved. Bush was wrong in fighting this war unless he was prepared to ride a horse into battle himself. That looks like what his punishment might end up being is that everyone is abandoning his crusade even his republican support and he will be left to fight the war alone.

Guest guest

You Can Help Impeach George W. Bush

A message from Ramsey Clark

-Ramsey Clark

There can be no conflict between freedom and security. We must have both, or we will have neither. President Bush insists that we sacrifice freedom to be secure. His actions as President have endangered both our freedom and our security.

President Bush has radically diminished the security of the United States by his criminal acts. His wars of aggression, defined as the “Supreme international crime” by the Nuremberg Court, in Afghanistan and Iraq have created anger, fear and hatred among vast populations all blaming the United States. Thousands of young men have been motivated to violence by the invasions and illegal U.S. occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan. U.S. military bases, embassies, businesses and tourists around the globe are threatened because of the Bush Administration's aggressions and threats against “evil empires” others call home, or their part of the world. Fear of what President Bush calls “terrorist acts” stalks our own land.

Today's news reveals that 655,000 Iraqis have died as a consequence of the U.S. invasion and occupation of their country. This is being reported by the medical journal the Lancet from a study performed by U.S. and Iraqi doctors under the auspices of Johns Hopkins University. This stands as one of the great crimes in the modern era. George W. Bush and others responsible must be impeached.

U.S. intelligence agencies have confirmed the obvious. The U.S. assault and continuing presence in Iraq has fueled a new and massive potential for violence against the U.S. by people theretofore friendly to the U.S. Common sense and the slightest understanding of human nature informs us all that people react angrily to threats, assaults and foreign military occupations perceived as unjustified.

In a poll conducted in Iraq in early September by the University of Maryland, it was found that 75% of the Iraqi population believe the U.S. occupation causes more violence than would occur if the U.S. withdrew and now favor complete U.S. withdrawal within a year.

Ramsey Clark_250U.S. military capacity has been drastically impaired. Beyond the 2,740 military deaths and 20,000 serious injuries, more than 1,200 in August 2006 alone, the radically increasing military burden of Afghanistan and total additional war costs approaching a trillion dollars.

Bush’s belligerence has created new crises. Consider North Korea, where a million troops have been massed on the border with the South. Seoul is within range of rockets from the North. All of the Korean people, in both the North and the South want peace and yet they are faced with a new possible confrontation.

With his usual arrogance, President Bush refused for nearly six years to talk with North Korea one on one, while threatening it constantly as an evil empire. He forced North Korea to show test, first its rockets, and now a nuclear warhead, to deter U.S. aggression against its people.

North Korea has witnessed George Bush’s merciless aggressions against other nations and knows the U.S., at the very moment it threatens other nations not to develop nuclear weapons, is itself replacing older nuclear warheads and developing more advanced nuclear warheads and rocketry at a cost of additional hundreds of billions of dollars.

When the U.S. signed the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty, more than three decades ago, it agreed to phase its nuclear arsenal out of existence to achieve a nuclear free world. George Bush has raced in the opposite direction.

The U.S. must lead the world in an open, orderly, total elimination of all nuclear arms. Only then can we hope for other nations to seek the same end. Add other continuing crises: Somalia where U.S. backed militia leaders have been driven out by Islamic forces; the continuing tragedy of Darfur; the use of National Guard units to police the border with Mexico; the greater toll in lives taken by Katrina because of the absence of Louisiana National Guard units sent to Iraq by President Bush; and you have the U.S. military stretched beyond its capacity to provide security for the U.S. because of President Bush’s War on Terrorism which most of a billion plus Muslims believe is a war on Islam.

Add his continuing threats against half a dozen countries, most notably at this moment his reaction to North Korea’s nuclear bomb test and his announced plan to “punish” Iran, and his foreign policy is clear.

We, the people of the United States do not need this, but we are paying a staggering price in honor, respect, security and quality of life that threatens our future.

President Bush has simultaneously sacrificed freedom in America as no other President in our history by his criminal acts. While proclaiming his very purpose to be freedom, he has usurped power. He has granted himself the right to seize Americans and any others, tell no one, hold people arbitrarily, interrogate them ad nauseum, and use torture; to wiretap at will without warrants any person anywhere, abolish and defile the writ of habeas corpus — the Great Writ of a free people — use secret prisons in foreign countries where prisoners held are helpless. With contempt, he rejects the Geneva Conventions, designed to protect prisoners of war and civilian populations, ours as well as others. He is responsible for the destruction of Fallujah, Ramadi, Baghdad, Samara and deaths of children, the elderly and defenseless populations.

These acts include the crimes of murder, assault, kidnapping, torture, wrongful imprisonment to name a few. Having drastically eroded both security and freedom, President Bush daily condemns political opponents for lacking the courage to sacrifice freedom to win his worldwide “war on terrorism.”

Using fear, he has sacrificed freedom on the altar of security, questioning the patriotism of anyone who challenges his excesses.

President Bush proclaims the sacrifice of freedom as the price of security, assaulting both in the process. The obvious reality is that a people must have both freedom and security, or they will have neither. The absence of freedom will compel people to struggle against the repression of security measures, and the absence of security will threaten the freedom of all. No one is free who must live in a bomb shelter or cannot walk the streets with safety.

If the American people are to be both free and secure, intend to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and secure the blessing of liberty for ourselves and our posterity, in the words of Justice Hugo Black, “we must not be afraid to be free.”

Demand that the House of Representatives impeach George W. Bush, his Vice President Dick Cheney, Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, and other officials, complicit in the High Crimes and Misdemeanors that have been committed in our name. We must act now to impeach President Bush.

We have made amazing progress in the ImpeachBush.org/VotetoImpeach campaign. More than 730,000 people have signed on to this movement. We have run newspaper ads that have reached millions of people with the message of impeachment. These full page ads have appeared in the New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Boston Globe, USA Today and many other papers.

We will place a new ad in the New York Times in the coming weeks, and we will continue our mobilization efforts to get Congress to introduce articles of impeachment. We have been able to make great strides so far with the support of all those who believe in the impeachment movement. We need to raise $100,000 in the next month to place the new newspaper ad. Your contribution is urgently needed.

Sincerely,

Ramsey Clark

October 12, 2006

Guest guest

Wednesday, Nov. 8, 2006 11:42 a.m. EST

<strong>Ed Koch Predicts Push to Impeach Bush</strong>

Some congressional leaders will push for President Bush's impeachment now that the Democrats have taken control of the House and possibly the Senate, former New York Mayor Ed Koch predicts.

"I expect that [Rep. John] Conyers as chairman [of the House Judiciary Committee], now with great freedom, will do anything he can to commence such impeachment or investigatory activity, and we'll see whether Pelosi will prevent it," Koch says.

Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., in line to become the first female speaker of the House of Representatives in U.S. history, has said that impeachment proceedings against Bush are "off the table," according to a report in The Washington Post.

With the resounding Democratic victory on Tuesday, however, Conyers, D-Mich., is set to take over the chairmanship of the House Judiciary Committee.

Earlier this summer, Conyers issued a 350-page "investigative report" on the Bush administration that was widely viewed as a road map for Bush's impeachment if the Democrats took control of the House. Conyers charged that the Bush administration had violated "approximately 26 laws and regulations."

The Judiciary Committee would initiate any impeachment proceeding.

If Conyers were able to use his chairmanship to launch an impeachment investigation of Bush, Koch warns, the effect would be "devastating."

"The reason I supported, and still support, President Bush with respect to foreign policy on the issue of international terrorism is that I believe that it is an extraordinary threat to the U.S.," Koch tells NewsMax. "And I regret that too many in the Democratic Party don't appreciate the danger."

Beyond impeachment, Koch sees another worrisome outcome following on the heels of the midterm election results: gridlock. "Gridlock is not good for nations," he says.

"I hope the two parties and their leadership sit down and work on compromises on their philosophy. I happen to be very supportive of the domestic agenda of the Democratic Party, and supportive of the foreign affairs agenda of President Bush. I don't agree with the president on a single domestic issue," Koch says.

Koch adds that he looks "for changes that are dramatic in the domestic area."

"I hope they're able to work out some reasonable approach to Iraq, obviously different from what we have currently," he says. "The nation is for a change in direction."

Guest guest

Earlier this summer, Conyers issued a 350-page "investigative report" on the Bush administration that was widely viewed as a road map for Bush's impeachment if the Democrats took control of the House. Conyers charged that the Bush administration had violated "approximately 26 laws and regulations."

Bhakta Don,

The battle of Kurukshetra (spelling?) was fought in 18 days and no civilians were involved.

Uhm - WRONG! Didn't you know this:

TRANSLATION

I have killed many boys, brahmanas, well-wishers, friends, parents, preceptors and brothers. Though I live millions of years, I will not be relieved from the hell that awaits me for all these sins.

PURPORT

Whenever there is a war, there is certainly a massacre of many innocent living beings, such as boys, brahmanas and women, whose killing is considered to be the greatest of sins. They are all innocent creatures, and in all circumstances killing of them is forbidden in the scriptures. Maharaja Yudhisthira was aware of these mass killings. Similarly, there were friends, parents and preceptors also on both sides, and all of them were killed. It was simply horrible for him to think of such killing, and therefore he was thinking of residing in hell for millions and billions of years. [sB 1.8.49]

So please do not say "no civilians were involved" in "The battle of Kurukshetra" - if you didn't know it before - you know it now.

Prabhupada says: Whenever there is a war, there is certainly a massacre of many innocent living beings

Guest guest

Srimad Bhagavatam

Canto 6, Chapter 16, TEXT 41

visama-matir na yatra nrnam

tvam aham iti mama taveti ca yad anyatra

visama-dhiya racito yah

sa hy avisuddhah ksayisnur adharma-bahulah

SYNONYMS

visama--unequal (your religion, my religion; your belief, my belief);

matih--consciousness; na--not; yatra--in which; nrnam--of human society;

tvam--you; aham--I; iti--thus; mama--my; tava--your; iti--thus; ca--also;

yat--which; anyatra--elsewhere (in religious systems other than

bhagavata-dharma); visama-dhiya--by this unequal intelligence; racitah--

made; yah--that which; sah--that system of religion; hi--indeed;

avisuddhah--not pure; ksayisnuh--temporary; adharma-bahulah--full of

irreligion.

TRANSLATION

Being full of contradictions, all forms of religion but bhagavatadharma

work under conceptions of fruitive results and distinctions of

"you and I" and "yours and mine." The followers of Srimad-Bhagavatam have

no such consciousness. They are all Krsna conscious, thinking that they

are Krsna's and Krsna is theirs. There are other, low-class religious

systems, which are contemplated for the killing of enemies or the gain of

mystic power, but such religious systems, being full of passion and envy,

are impure and temporary. Because they are full of envy, they are full of

irreligion.

Purport, by Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

If one transgresses the laws of a man-made government, he may escape being killed by the state, but one cannot escape the laws of God. A killer of any animal must be killed in his next life by the same animal. This is the law of nature.

Uhm - WRONG! Didn't you know this:

TRANSLATION

I have killed many boys, brahmanas, well-wishers, friends, parents, preceptors and brothers. Though I live millions of years, I will not be relieved from the hell that awaits me for all these sins.

PURPORT

Whenever there is a war, there is certainly a massacre of many innocent living beings, such as boys, brahmanas and women, whose killing is considered to be the greatest of sins. They are all innocent creatures, and in all circumstances killing of them is forbidden in the scriptures. Maharaja Yudhisthira was aware of these mass killings. Similarly, there were friends, parents and preceptors also on both sides, and all of them were killed. It was simply horrible for him to think of such killing, and therefore he was thinking of residing in hell for millions and billions of years. [sB 1.8.49]

So please do not say "no civilians were involved" in the "The battle of Kurukshetra" - if you didn't know it before - you know it now.

Prabhupada says: Whenever there is a war, there is certainly a massacre of many innocent living beings

Was the Krukshetra war waged on a designated battelfield???

Or was it waged in towns and cities? :confused:

Was the soldiers and Great Generals firing arrows and missiles at civilian targets??? :eek2:

I was under the impression that the war was fought in a clearly demarcated areas.

Kshatriya meant persons who give protection to the unarmed citizens/civilians???

Hare Krsna

Jay Sirla Prabhupada