IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Golok dham and radhaji

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi satsangis

I have a question i've been pondering about for some time now and unfortunately the depth of my knowledge of sashtras is poor so hopefully the vast knowledge contained within the devotees within this forum will be able to help me.

When antyantik kalyan or moksha is achieved by an atma, the atma gets a divine body similar to that of the Lord's and resides in Golok. In Golokdham, there is no concept of a male/female, just an atma. Why then do shastras talk about radhaji in Golok and Lakshmiji in Vaikunth (VIshnu's abode). Radhaji and Lakshmiji are female and so this is confusing me. Any ideas?

thanks,

Ram Krushna Govind bol

Guest guest

Hi satsangis

I have a question i've been pondering about for some time now and unfortunately the depth of my knowledge of sashtras is poor so hopefully the vast knowledge contained within the devotees within this forum will be able to help me.

When antyantik kalyan or moksha is achieved by an atma, the atma gets a divine body similar to that of the Lord's and resides in Golok. In Golokdham, there is no concept of a male/female, just an atma. Why then do shastras talk about radhaji in Golok and Lakshmiji in Vaikunth (VIshnu's abode). Radhaji and Lakshmiji are female and so this is confusing me. Any ideas?

thanks,

Ram Krushna Govind bol

According to the Vedanta Sutra 4.4.1, an atma (soul) does not GET A SPIRITUAL BODY when they attain moksa. Vedanta Sutra explains that the soul is Sat-chit-ananda always, and when a soul attains moksa the pure form of this sat-chit-ananda soul becomes manifest -- the soul becomes detached from his worldly bodies and mind and exists just as he is - a pure soul.

This pure soul has the ability to remain "formless" in sayujya mukti, or to manifest in a form, like the form of the residents of Vaikuntha. If you have bhakti, you will become whatever form is natural to you - a cowherd boy, a bird like Garuda, etc.

Guest guest

Hi guest, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately i can't remember where i read it, but the scripture i read explained that the atma cannot live without a body. When the material body dies, assuming the atma has done bhakti enough that His/Her mind can be fixed on the Lord in all three states (wakeful state, sleeping but dreamless state and sleeping but dreaming state) and there is no vasna (desires), the atma goes to param pada. Lord Vasudev, krshna, Purushottam Narayan (whatever name one uses) gives the atma a divine body which is similar to the Lord's body. This body never dies, does not need food etc. It is radiant and full of lustre similar to the Lord's body. This body is similar to the Lord's, meaning it has two hands, two legs etc. because the Lord is not formless (nirakar), the Lord is sakar (with a divine from).

Ram Krushna Govind bol

Guest guest

There is no material gender in Golokdham, but in Golok everyone is having "bhaav deha." So, the gopis are in "maadhurya bhaav" towards Krishna, thus they have female body- which is not the same as material body of women of earth. Radhaji is Krishna's ahlaadini sakti, and her girlfriends are her expansions who are eternally dwelling in Golok, while other Golok residents like the Dandakaranya sages and the personified Vedas came to Golok through sadhan. Check bhakti rasaamrita sindhuh of Roop Goswaami for more details.

Hope it helps. Jai Sree Krushna.

Guest guest

According to one guru at least, terms like "female" are/were used for lack of a better way to express a certain concept. He said that people used this word "female" to express the concept of "the Lord's Energy". The guru said just substitute the word "female" for "energy".

In other words, the Lord has His "Energies". One type of "Energy" is Radhika or Pure Devotion, Affection and Love. Another "Energy" the Lord has is of Laksmiji: "Abundance, Opulence, Wealth".

Similarly the jeevs are also "energies" of the Lord. For example, the sound AUM encompasses: A (aaaaah) = God, U (ooooo) = Goddess [His Energies], and M (mmmmm) = all living beings [the rest of His energies]

As Prabhuji was explaining, this energy is saccidananda: eternal (without beginning or end), full of knowledge (intuitive), and bliss. As jeevs we spring from the tatastha as bijas or seeds. A seed ripens into a certain type of a tree when it is fully grown. So also the atomic infinitesmally small jeevs.

The whole thing is like trying to explain to landlocked person what the ocean is like, or to a South Seas Islander what snow is like. On the other hand, those who live in land of snow, such as the Eskimos, have over 300 words to describe each nuance and variety of snow. Those who live where there is much rain have 300 words to describe each variation, so obvious to them.

But if you have no experience of snow or rain, then you just have to rely on words. Until by grace of the Lord one day you can have realizations more and more of the veracity of these words, the same way in which deaf, dumb, and blind Helen Keller did not understand the word "water" until her teacher Annie Sullivan put Helen's hand under a living stream of running water.

Fortunately, in Hinduism we believe that each and every jeev will one day fully ripen spiritually and mature. The basic motif that rings true throughout all branches of Hinduism is: whatever is there in seed form will one day blossom and ripen to the fullest extent. Whatever is the deepest, most secret, and profound truth in your heart will always seek its fullness.

For in Hinduism we know that there is only one thing that God cannot do: He cannot take Himself out of you. He is in your heart as Param Atma there with you for the entire journey. As you mature as a soul He guides you from both within and without along each step of the way.

Thus as Prabhuji explained, the Lord's Energies and energies are not "female" as we know it in this world: the XX version of the food-based body or anna-maya kosha. Our essence is saccidananda or the ananda-maya kosha body of bliss. When we have learned all of our lessons and matured as souls then the external sheaths and sariras all fall off, just as a mango drops from a tree when it is ripened.

Then exulting in its perfection of the ananda-maya kosha, the soul interacts with others on this level of pure energy and pure essence: the pure energies without any trace of the 36 tattvas or evolutes clinging to them may then at last finally and unlimitedly access the realm of Pure Energy and Pure Energies.

Guest guest

Hi guest, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately i can't remember where i read it, but the scripture i read explained that the atma cannot live without a body. /QUOTE]

A soul can exist without a material body.

A soul is existence, knowledge, bliss. Sat chit ananda.

In Vedanta Sutra 4.4.1, the sage Vyasa declares that a liberated soul may manifest a body or be bodiless. Vysasa's conclusions are recognized by traditional saints such as Adi Sankara Bhagavatapada, Sri Ramanuja and Sri Chaitanya as shruti or "divine revelation".

Guest guest

Shrimati Radharani is not just the energy of the Lord- She is His eternal consort and the source of all Lakshmis. She is His primeval energy and the source of all pleasure and bliss for the Lord. Shri Krishna is described as atmaram- one who derives pleasure from Himself, but actually it is from Shri Radha that He derives pleasure and so She is His life and soul, the topmost devotee and the life and soul of the Acharyas.

Shri Radha is unique and the source of all other Goddesses.

Sri Shirla Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakura Prabhupada on Shri Radhika:

"Sri Radha

To be able to observe the lofty position of Srimati Radharani and Her confidential associates is not within the realm of the common people. Especially and only those who engage constantly in intimate, confidential and eternal loving service to Her understand this sacred truth. Conversely, no one for that matter can fathom the mysteries and esoteric implications of such pastimes except Her confidential associates.

The day when our link with this material world is limited to the barest necessities, and furthermore, when our trivial opinions, concocted austerities, pious works, so called knowledge and mystic power are considered worthless like straw; when our worship of Narayana in His mood of majesty is not relishable in the least; at that time when we are not inclined at all to be out-spoken in the confidential topics of divine pastimes like the rasa dance, only then will we be fit candidates to receive such confidential information.

The service to Lordships Sri Sri Radha Govinda is not expressible in common language. The use of the words svakiya, parakiya usually become intermingled with our own intense residual desires of sense gratification. It is for this reason, due to lack of qualified people, that the divine pastimes of Sri Radha Krishna can not be discussed, heard and understood by the common people of this world, and in saying there is very few qualified people is not an exaggeration."

As regards to energy, we jivas are all the energy of the Lord as well. Energy denotes the servitor and the Energetic or Shaktiman denotes the possessor and enjoyer of Energy, which can only be one Personality; Shri Krishna.

We should serve the Lord with all our heart and soul.

Jaya Shrila Gurudeva! Jaya Shrishri Gaura-Nitai! Jaya Shrishri Radha-Krishna!

Guest mayank patel

If u r this curios for knowing, I guess u must be good devoties too. Remember, krishna gives himself knowledge to his devotee who is tryinv to be pure. Grab krishna's feet and by screaming, crying, yelling at him ask him for the answers...depending upon your dependency u will get answer. U have to be real dependent on him and trying to get away from sansaar mentally.