IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

magic??

Rate this topic

there is no unifying authority of Hinduism to condemn or condone anything - you would be better off asking a particular sect. I know that many Saivites (but not all) are engaged in this kind of thing - may its just siddhic, i dont know. On the other hand Vaishnavas generally have no interest in these things.

Guest guest

I know that Christianity condemns the use of Magic.. I was wondering if Hinduism shares the same sentiments..

Whether Jesus walking on water and dividing one fish to 7000 peoples were condemended? or condementation applies only to normal people? just curious to know...

I guess when you pray to God and it comes true it isnt considered magic.. In Christianity.. But If you are dabbling with things like the Golden Dawn and Speaking with spirits.. Astral Projection, White or Black Magic like with Wiccans and Druid and Shamans.. It is all consdiered sinful.. :eek:

Why should Hndusm condemn it if it fills the stomach of a family of street magicians?

street magicians are just like david blane i guess - that's just a job, which is fine. I think tirislix was talking about those who dabble in arts that invoke spirits, demons, etc., if such things really exist.