IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Hinduism in India: will Muslims become Majority?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Will Mulsims soon become the majority in India? They are having more children and of course are allowed to have many wives. Soon Muslims may be majority religion in India, in Europe, just as they are in the Middle East. If Hinduism is not preserved in India, than the future of Hinduism lies outside of India. But to preserve Hinduism in India, here are some suggestions

1. Hindus in India need to have larger families. Bringing souls into this world into a dharmic household is a great service to the world, and to the souls on the astral plane whose spiritual progress may very well depend in what household they incarnate.

2. Hindus in India need to be allowed (not obligated) to be married to more than one wife, just as Muslims in India. This should only be done if all parties are willing... but the option should be there, as it was in ancient times for Hindus.

3. Hindus need to instruct their children in Hindu-dharma. All Hindu children should be as fluent in their beliefs and practices as Muslim & Christian children are.

4. Hindus of all sects, races, and castes, need to respect one another. Honoring our differences, but not disparaging one another or our respective sects. United we stand, divided we fall.

5. Hindus must lead by example by showing that Hinduism is the greatest religion of Ahimsa, love and compassion, a light for the entire world. The highest form of dharmic living is living a life of love and compassion. Hindus must honor all life, and respect all life as divine. Recognizing no distinction in caste, sex or race. To show our love and respect for all beings, Hindus should Greet Hindus and non-Hindus alike with Namaste.

6. Hindus must spread the divine teachings of Sanatana Dharma to those who are interested.

Will Mulsims soon become the majority in India? They are having more children and of course are allowed to have many wives. Soon Muslims may be majority religion in India, in Europe, just as they are in the Middle East. If Hinduism is not preserved in India, than the future of Hinduism lies outside of India. But to preserve Hinduism in India, here are some suggestions

1. Hindus in India need to have larger families. Bringing souls into this world into a dharmic household is a great service to the world, and to the souls on the astral plane whose spiritual progress may very well depend in what household they incarnate.

2. Hindus in India need to be allowed (not obligated) to be married to more than one wife, just as Muslims in India. This should only be done if all parties are willing... but the option should be there, as it was in ancient times for Hindus.

3. Hindus need to instruct their children in Hindu-dharma. All Hindu children should be as fluent in their beliefs and practices as Muslim & Christian children are.

4. Hindus of all sects, races, and castes, need to respect one another. Honoring our differences, but not disparaging one another or our respective sects. United we stand, divided we fall.

5. Hindus must lead by example by showing that Hinduism is the greatest religion of Ahimsa, love and compassion, a light for the entire world. The highest form of dharmic living is living a life of love and compassion. Hindus must honor all life, and respect all life as divine. Recognizing no distinction in caste, sex or race. To show our love and respect for all beings, Hindus should Greet Hindus and non-Hindus alike with Namaste.

6. Hindus must spread the divine teachings of Sanatana Dharma to those who are interested.

Whatever ism one takes but Krsna is only God, Preach Krsna

Guest guest

Hinduism Today Magazine is doing a great work of helping Hindus in India and abroad. For one, they are helping Hindus earn respect in the world religious community, like fighting for Hindus being slandered in American textbooks. Secondly, they are helping spread Hindu-dharma around the world to interested seekers, dispelling myths and letting everyone know that Hinduism is a world religion, for all people and races, not just indians..

hinduismtoday.com/

The future of Hinduism is really bright, especially as more and more people are getting burnt out on the adharmic religions, and looking toward the east for ancient wisdom teachings.

Guest guest

The future of Hinduism is really bright, especially as more and more people are getting burnt out on the adharmic religions, and looking toward the east for ancient wisdom teachings.

Actually In the last decade or so I've seen a noticeable decline of interest for eastern religions in the west and some increase of interest for their Christian traditions. But that might differ from place to place, juts my experience. From the numbers Islam and Buddhism are growing more than Hinduism.

Besides this interests are often nothing but a youth's attraction for exotic in religions (as in everything) and get lost over the years.

Internet has its place also as suddenly information about a lot of Indian “saints” “gurus” and “yogis” not actually being so saintly and enlightened become easily available. You know, people become unsatisfied with the hypocrisy around them and than turn to some exotic tings far away thinking thats better. But when they get close enough they find that things are not that much better anywhere.

The times of Vivekanada and times of Prabhupada are history. To a subjective devotee with all of his life centered about religion it might subjectively look different but actually:

1- most of the people have no interest in religion whatsoever and never will apart form traditionalistic ritualism and going to temples/churches from time to time, but even that is in decline.

2 -most of the people in the west have not even the vague idea who this Vivekanandas, Prabhupadas, Yoganandas, Shivanandas and other anandas are, or even what is Krishna or Shiva. Buddha would be more familiar but often considered some kind of god.

3- Most people have no inclination to accept eastern believes, and those that do have often forget about that as they grow up.

Even to understand religion you are born into it takes time. To understand other religions even more as it comes form a different culture and mentality and you have to study and practice much more to get into it.

So that is for the few, I would say people get burned -yes. But looking towards the east? Not so sure. If anything is growing it is secularism and materialism, not the Sanathan Dharma.

Guest guest

Actually In the last decade or so I've seen a noticeable decline of interest for eastern religions in the west and some increase of interest for their Christian traditions. But that might differ from place to place, juts my experience. From the numbers Islam and Buddhism are growing more than Hinduism.

It only appears that way because the Christians are the loudest and get the most press in the media.

There are many people in the west who are not Christian. Not all are Hindu, or Buddhist, many are interested in the western version of Hinduism like Druidry or Hermeticism.

Christianity is actually not a western tradition, it is a middle eastern religion, that has spread all around the world, due to heavy evangelism. In our modern world, Hinduism and Buddhism are also spreading around the world. But without the fanatical attempts of conversion. Many People are seeking out these eastern traditions because they are drawn toward traditions which have more depth in their metaphysical teachings than the Abrahamic religions, and that offer practical spiritual disciplines that one can engage in for spiritual advancement, like meditation, pranayama, etc.

The fastest place Christianity is growing is in Africa, but that is do to poverty and exploitation of the missionaries. If Hindu swamis would visit Africa more, we'd have many Africans who'd take refuge in the teachings of Sanatana Dharma.

Medias sell what people want to buy.

I'm not spiking about that. I'm speaking about more people in churches and less in eastern based groups than before. Just my subjective impression of the local situations, nothing more.

Christianity has more to do with Hinduism than Druidry and similar superficial attempts to reinstall something we don't know almost anything about any more. Just some children (of any age) playing “spirituality” in their free time. Religions for adolescents and bored housewives. Well, the same segment of population than (often not less superficial) eastern sects tend to attract.

Not that many people I would say. Christianity has a fine contemplative tradition in the bhakti yoga path. Just does not make so much fuss about that. And it is more “monastery oriented perhaps” Don't compare yogis with some disinterest formal believers. Compare them to contemplative monastics and I don't see so much difference.

And I'm not sure who is right here when the scriptures are demanding certain prerequisites for such practices (yama, nyama (Patanjali) , solitary life, away from the human company (HathaYogaPradipika) etc. But none cares about that, just contract the annal muscles and breath like a dog and you'll get everything philosophy. Besides in all this ears I have not seen an western yogi that has impressed me much. Bhakti yoga is much better for a non-renunciate and in that Christian have nothing to look for in the east that they don't have at home. Personally I have a preference for Indian traditions, basically I grow up in that, but I would advice most of the westerners to be better Christians, why should they change? The Christianity is not just what it was in the east. It hes adjusted to the mentality of local people. Ramakrishna once said that religions are ll basically the same, the difference is in the climate, mentality etc. So it is adjusted for the people in the west.

Even people who are interested in the east make their own westernized version of eastern traditions. And I'll mention Ramakrishna again when he witnessed a Yatra and said hat this is the real thing, the sanathan dharma, and all this new organizations just something temporary.

You can spread a few Hatha-yoga exercises for models interested in health and weight loss, but more than that on a brother basis I'm not so sure and I don't see the need for that.

In my experience (even from the private admitions of some Indian gurus) a lot of this Indian “spiritual marching” on the west has as much economical, national and other not that pure motives. Just look the attitude towards Vivekananda. How big a figure he has become. And why? Just because he become something on the west. If he remained in India no one would care. After many years of repression and unable to impose themselves in other ways they found a way of feeling proud in front of other nations through religion. Like if Vivekananda was some kind of political or military lieder. Funny cause that is exactly the typical dog-mentality Vivekananda so much detested in India. Even now it's enough tat a guru gets a few western disciples to jump in the ranks of the religious market of fairy tales. I would personally have more confidence in a teacher who avoids popularity and westerners.

But even if all the world becomes a Hindu, or Christian, or Muslim or anything what would change? A good Christian is no different from a good Hindu. It's jut the outer show.

Get real, the world will not be Hindu. It wont be Christian.. and even if it would be who cares. Religion is not a tool to impose one (person, religion, nation, guru, tradition, whatever) on another.

That is an immature attitude of children fighting on whose father is the strongest in the world.

I don't thing religion should be spread at all. When you go around asking someone to take something you are not a teacher, yo are a seller. And in time you became a beggar.

Teachings are for those who ask. And prove them selfs worthy. Otherwise you have just a big prostitution going on and misuse of philosophy and practice. Where have all this rishis and yogis of old gone? This modern red-robed religion-sellers can not compare even to the smallest of the puranic demons. Just makes the contemplative practices look to cheep. It should never had left the ashrams and caves, no good will come from this profanation of religion. It has become like a cheep Chinese shop. Everything very cheep, very available and of very bad quality.

Here is reason that Muslims are also Hindu

1) All gods are demigods except Krsna. Muslims worships Krsna using name as Allah

2) Chaitannya Mohaprabhu prescribed devotional services to Krsna, Muslims also practice devotional services to Allah who is Krsna

3) In Bhagavatam it is told that meat eater, dog eaters etc. everyone can be delivered by chanting holy name of God Krsna, so Muslims also will be delivered since they are meat eater and they chant holy name.

4) Muslims pray Krsna most humble way than any other religion, so Muslims are definitely one best religion on earth

5) Rudra acted through Muslims religion to establish Dharma in kali yuga that successfully worked now, since most of the people in earth today one way religiously conscious and started praying their own personal God which is also good sign

6) Multiple marriages are allowed through Bhagavatam to support and protect woman from illicit sex, Muslims protects woman by imposing religious practices.

Can anyone enlighten me what is bad about Muslim religion? How Muslim religion can be better? I like very much Muslim religion because in this era of Godless, Muslim had made everybody god conscious. Whatever is happening today due to Muslim religion which is really good for humanity. Only Muslim should know that Allah is no other than Krsna and Muhammad is no other but Lord Shiva.

Guest guest

I don't thing religion should be spread at all.

You may not think so, but it's one of Christianity's main tenents that their religion is to be spread. It's called the Great Commission. Jesus taught that his gospel must be spread to everyone in the world, then the end will come.

You must realize Christian teach only those who accept Jesus Christ as their Personal Lord and Saviour will be redeemed from hell... and all Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, etc are damned. Christian beliefs and Hindu beliefs are totally different. Every Christian would be the first to tell you this. Please don't act like all religions are the same, it's just not true.

In my experience (even from the private admitions of some Indian gurus) a lot of this Indian “spiritual marching” on the west has as much economical, national and other not that pure motives.

Do you feel the same way about Mother Amma who just left the United States on her cross country tour? will you slander this great holy woman and the westerners who have taken shelter at her lotus feet!

Many of the Gurus that have come to the west have done so out of mercy and love for those who would be drawn to yoga practice (not speaking of hatha yoga).

Indians have no more rights to Hinduism than anyone else. Hindu teachings on karma, reincarnation, meditation, yoga, chakras, kundalini, etc are universally applicable and are truths that can be beneficially studied and practiced all around the world.

Many western and australian Hindus are very sincere in their sadhana, and to make light of them is very wrong.

The greatest representatives of Hinduism in the world religious community are presently a group of white monks in Hawaii. They also run a beautiful international magazine, Hinduism today.

Sanatana Dharma is a religion for all mankind. If Hinduism is only a tribal religion for Indians, it must be discarded by the enlightened indians, as a collection of primitive, ancient superstitions practiced by their ancestors. As Buddha said, don't believe in any family tradition, only follow that which is for the benefit of one and all. It's not like just Indians are reincarnated and stuck in Samsaric delusions. Thus Sanatana Dharma is for everyone.

Guest guest

You may not think so, but it's one of Christianity's main tenents that their religion is to be spread. It's called the Great Commission. Jesus taught that his gospel must be spread to everyone in the world, then the end will come.

You must realize Christian teach only those who accept Jesus Christ as their Personal Lord and Saviour will be redeemed from hell... and all Hindus, Buddhists, Jains, etc are damned. Christian beliefs and Hindu beliefs are totally different. Every Christian would be the first to tell you this. Please don't act like all religions are the same, it's just not true.

Do you feel the same way about Mother Amma who just left the United States on her cross country tour? will you slander this great holy woman and the westerners who have taken shelter at her lotus feet!

Many of the Gurus that have come to the west have done so out of mercy and love for those who would be drawn to yoga practice (not speaking of hatha yoga).

Indians have no more rights to Hinduism than anyone else. Hindu teachings on karma, reincarnation, meditation, yoga, chakras, kundalini, etc are universally applicable and are truths that can be beneficially studied and practiced all around the world.

Many western and australian Hindus are very sincere in their sadhana, and to make light of them is very wrong.

The greatest representatives of Hinduism in the world religious community are presently a group of white monks in Hawaii. They also run a beautiful international magazine, Hinduism today.

Sanatana Dharma is a religion for all mankind. If Hinduism is only a tribal religion for Indians, it must be discarded by the enlightened indians, as a collection of primitive, ancient superstitions practiced by their ancestors. As Buddha said, don't believe in any family tradition, only follow that which is for the benefit of one and all. It's not like just Indians are reincarnated and stuck in Samsaric delusions. Thus Sanatana Dharma is for everyone.

Almost 500 yrs before when west was advancing in material science, Lord Chaittanya appeared to advance India through the process of spiritual science. But to sustain huge population of India, India needs to grow materially rather than too much spiritually for now. Otherswise, it will be difficult to maintain the balance of population keeping 100 yrs difference in technology and other material comfort which is not given. It is true that only searching for Narayana, India had passed so many years where there is no blessing of Lakshmi. Lakshmi died thinking about Narayana just after her marriage without getting any happiness from her husband Lord Chaitannya Mohaprabhu. Lakshmi had been stolen to west where as Narayana gone to east and made the whole population sufferer for 100s of yrs. Now the reverse is require to make the balance. Let Lakshmi to move to east and Narayana to come to west. That will solve the whole problem of this world.

That’s why Prabhupada had done complete good stuff putting the seed of Narayana in the eastern world who were fatherless for long time. Let those fatherless children to enjoy with their father for sometime and let India to enjoy with their lost glory of mother. Let this seed of Krsna to grow in west faster than east. This west is full of mothers who are currently unchaste and becoming mostly fallen. This unchastity also flowing towards east and making sufferer Dharma, the only sustainer of this human civilization.