Guest guest Posted October 9, 2006 Report Posted October 9, 2006 I just came from a local ISKCON temple, the Pujari that did the last artik , did not have kunti mala , or tilaka or Brahmin tread, same temple serves grains on Gaura Purnima night \and Janmastami nights.........(everything else was great )....sometimes you wonder if the local GBC cares, I forgot he hardly comes there.Maybe the gentleman paid his way to get on the alter without being initiated??? Quote
Yogkriya Posted October 10, 2006 Report Posted October 10, 2006 I just came from a local ISKCON temple, the Pujari that did the last artik , did not have kunti mala , or tilaka or Brahmin tread, same temple serves grains on Gaura Purnima night \and Janmastami nights.........(everything else was great )....sometimes you wonder if the local GBC cares, I forgot he hardly comes there.Maybe the gentleman paid his way to get on the alter without being initiated??? Yes maybe he paid his way to the altar. There is also a lot of other things that the GBC themselves do not follow - like the Vedic norm of starting any puja with Ganapati smaran. This 100% Vedic. By the way, the beads round the neck are called "Kanthi Mala" and not Kunti mala. Kunti was the Queen - mother of pandavas. - Hari Bol! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.