IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

can't read Gita As IT IS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I downloaded some folio containing all of Sp's works, but can;t read any because of the fonts. the sanskrit script is not properly displayed. Is there something i have to install before reading the texts. It is so confusing.

Dear friend,

I found very practical interpretation of Gita on audio/video section of

www . awgp . org The commentry is given by Dr.Pranav Pandyaji. I learned a lot from these lectures. Gita became applicable in my routine life. Hope its helpful to you too.

Datta

Guest guest

I dowloaded and installed the fonts, but the fonts dont change. Is there a specigic place where i must install the fonts.

what are you reading it with? If it is a pdf file, try downloading the latest version of Adobe acrobat reader (google it). If you are using a web browser to read the pages, try downloading the latest updates for that version OR download mozilla firefox.

Guest guest
I downloaded some folio containing all of Sp's works, but can;t read any because of the fonts. the sanskrit script is not properly displayed. Is there something i have to install before reading the texts. It is so confusing.

Most likely solution: http://www.lebensplan.com/puranas/balaram_.TTF

If that fails then perhaps this is the font required. Note how it is 'installed' on your system:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="40%">

</td> <td width="60%"> After you download the file, you need to UNZIP it and drag the included files to your C:\WINDOWS\FONT folder on your computer using Windows Explorer. Included in the zip file is the Tamal Font and the Inderv font, both which will be used.

After dragging the fonts to the specified directory, you will need to restart your computer.

DOWNLOAD NOW

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Failing that, here are two more font links :

http://www.granthamandira.org/utilities/balaram.zip

http://www.granthamandira.org/utilities/devanagari.zip

Good luck