IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Good cow protection

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What does it mean to have a good cow protection program?

I was thinking that:

1) The cows and bulls should be able to live out their whole lives.

2) The oxen should be fully employed.

3) The cow and bulls should be kept healthy

4) One should give out regular "cow reports" to encourage one to nicely

follow the above.

Is there anything else that could be added to this list or any comments on

the above?

Guest guest

Contact Balabhadra das (ACBSP). Its his life's work.

His old friend from over a quarter century ago, mahaksadasa

I was thinking that:

1) The cows and bulls should be able to live out their whole lives.

2) The oxen should be fully employed.

3) The cow and bulls should be kept healthy

4) One should give out regular "cow reports" to encourage one to nicely

follow the above.

Is there anything else that could be added to this list or any comments on

the above?

A good cow protection program means that they are protecting you the same. You live simply, close to the land, you are home, the bulls and cows are always fully engaged just by their pooping! And making the ground fertile. You are protecting Krsna's representative, they protect you because you must always be there for them, not in some hellish situation.

I also know Kalikudra, since i am the one who first taught him how to protect cows, more than a quarter certury ago, when he came to our farm. It was not his life's work untill after this time spent with me.

If you want to see a cowprotection program that is successful, without cows dying from being caught up in fences while the "minister of cow protection" is off in india collecting his rupees from the GBC, then look no further than here.............

I am a supporter of........ http://protectacow.typepad.com/ not the founder

Haribol. I was hoping you would enter this discussion. Hare Krsna, mahaksadasa (former cowherd for ACBSP).

Yes i did notice this thread. I am very much "into" the CowProtection Program given to us by Lord Sri GOvinda, and advocated by Srila Prabhupada.

I do not have much faith in Iskcon Cow Protection, since it has never been much of a focus, or get much support. I can only go into details by PM since i was hurt along with friends of mine, when our Leaders replaced many good CowHerds with people with no qualifications and we were only asked to come back to the program to bail them out over and over. So i have a lot of anger regarding this.

Recently we were featured in a TV news story, that reached 30million people in India. Cow Protection in America. In that story our farm and our satelite farms were shown doing what we do best, protecting cows to the highest standards. When the reporter went to the local Iskcon farm, the first thing he found was an unattended dead cow, no devotees dealing with this dead cow, and the reporter had to go and inform the "devotees" of this, they did not know. So that farm did not go into the story, accept as an example of bad cowprotection.

You will find this same thing all over the world, even at the "cow protection ministers" farm, atleast that is my experience. PM me and i can give you many details on that.

The reason seems to be intolerance of what is a good Cowherdboy!

We sometimes are not of the Highest standards of Brahmana. We have deep love and devotion for Lord GOvinda, and are followers of Srila Prabhupada. Our service and bhakti has always been our expert work keeping the Lord's Surabhi representatives. But that has always been unappreciated by the "rank and file" devotee, especially the leaders. But not by our Founder/Acharya, who said to us, that if we did not chant our rounds sometimes, that it was ok, since we were doing such important work. Our Founder/Acharya always knows that we are sincere, and appreciates our service, doing his work.

Your first post in this thread is overlooking our huge amount of instructions given to us by our Founder/Acharya, as well as Lord Sri GOvinda. Cow Protection work is the focus of both of these Personalities. The Founder/Acharya spoke of Protecting Cows the first week of being in the USA in 1965, and spoke of the same Nov. 1977. And in between these dates, Cow Protection has always been advocated, in Books, Conversations, and Actions. :deal:

Yours in the service of the Supreme Cowherd boys, Govinda and Prabhupada..................... Bhakta Chris ACBS

it helps when that program actually generates things valued by an average person, like milk, tilled land, and compost fertilizer for crops. if it is cow protection for the sake of cow protection than there is little support among devotees for such a program. that is a simple fact of life.

in our reality here in US agriculture needs to be supported by the entire community. I have a practical experience of that in our community in Prabhupada Village, NC. we just recently started a small (no joke! with miniature zebu cows ;) ) cow protection program.

Haribol. Unfortunately, what you say rings true. The so-called cow protection that I was involved with dissolved most terribly. To get funds for a fasncy new city building, the farm was sold without ANY regard for the residents, vaisnavas, servants of Srila Prabhupada, who couldnt pack up and move to the city dwelling. These devotees were treated as non-entities, and sold. I tracked these animals after I had my blowout with the GBC types, and they were butchered. Only one of the five mothers ended up with devotees, and the calves and bulls didnt even make it off the property.

Srila Prabhupada initiated me based on my service to these animals which even percluded my darsana with him personally. The farm was abandoned because the devotees went to see Him, but I stayed behind. I know prabhupadas views on cow-protection far exceeded any devotion these pretenders showede.

Good fortune to you, thank you for your service, hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

it helps when that program actually generates things valued by an average person, like milk, tilled land, and compost fertilizer for crops. if it is cow protection for the sake of cow protection than there is little support among devotees for such a program. that is a simple fact of life.

in our reality here in US agriculture needs to be supported by the entire community. .

Agreed, although it is our understanding that a "whole community" means ultimately, a nuclear family not neccesarily a goshalla for a "village".