IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
chimera

India in ancient Australia

Rate this topic

It is most interesting that Bali retains the ancient Brahma temples. Before the British invasion, 3 men sailed by ship to Bundjalung in east Australia from Ngareenbeil. "Negara" is the state system of Malaysia and Bali. The men were Mamoon, Ya Birrein and Birrung. "Mamoon" is a Skt./Hindi/Bengali name meaning :"maternal uncle". They landed at Angourie :"to wait", as in Champa Skt.ang "number, respect", and Java ang- "time,system". ("Angkor"?). The village near Angourie is Ngari "the sea" (overseas?), and ngara means "play, ceremony". At the head of the river is Coombadjha, a sacred site on a mountain top and now a national park because of its beauty.("Cambodia"?).

The strong god is Mahhji, and Mahaji is a title of Shiva in Thailand, and a form of Mahadeva in Maharashtra. Baiame is the creator, painted on a rock with very long arms like Indra and with 2 boomerangs making 4 'hands' like Brahma. In language, Sanskrit "jadiman"=Java"jatim"=Bundjalung "jadami".

On that basis, Skt."bahman"Brahma=Bundjalung "bahami" similar to Baiame.

Bunjil was a father figure, and is painted in a style very different from Aboriginal tradition, with a bindi dot on the forehead and a cloth on the left shoulder, in a shrine-cave about 800 kms. south. Bundjalung appears to have about 10% Skt.words, (not Pali). Gamilari and Gambaingiri countries next to Bundjalung have many Indic words, including "ngalinga / ngalingguurr" a sacred word, medicine man.(naga linga?). "Bung" means an elder, as in Indonesia "bung" ("Bung Karno" Pres. Soekarno).

Could you comment on "Mahaji" and nagalinga in medicine?

The 3 brothers are at various sites, please search on "three brothers bundjalung."

The Angkor dynasty fled to Java Bali after Thai invasion, and possibly Brahmins from there settled in Australia.

chimera

Guest guest

Dear Chimera,

Interesting bit of info. Where did you source this from and how do you know it's authenticity?

It's not uncommon for the fishermen in their outriggers at Jagganath puri to get caught in storms out to sea being blown great distances across the Bay of Bengal to Burma [Myanmar] Thailand and down to the straights of Malacca,

Indonesia etc.

Of course the Balinese culture and much of Indonesia was once a part

of the Kmer kingdom, that is one of the most glorious cultures of Vaisnavism [worship of Visnu] or cultures period the world has ever seen.

Untill the muslim colonization it flourished thruout this region of south east asia, mixed with a simple form of animism- the environmentalists.

The Balinese today are still desperately trying to hold on to their traditional

roots, but it's being eroded rapidly with modernization. Fortunately due to a Prabupad disciple Gaura Mandala bhumi and others, Gaudiya Vaisnavism is flourishing thruout the archipelago especially in Bali. The devotees there have spread to every town and village trying to re-establish the pure currant of Krsna Bhakti as presented by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj.

Their work is definately cut out for them with the spread of Islam there, as it threatens to send them underground again, and is slowly claiming all their native land by stealth, hoodwinking their open hearted spirit of dedication and trust, exploiting the beauty and attraction of the #1 tourist destination in the world they have created. A sad scenario and another culture in need of the vaisnavas' support.

I was there lately and discovered a very sweet place at Kedewatan called The Royal Pita Maha. A healing resort and spa built by the Royal family of Ubud that has a history dating right back to Markandhya Risi and recorded in the Markendaya purana

And I might add that their dedication to Prabhupad's vani is exemplary for the whole world. They are extremly unique devotees practicing the real mood of loving devotion, just too sweet, like the Manipurians bhakti is in their blood, from birth and beyond.

To add to that I've met some of the elder Balinese who have single handedly sailed down to Australia in their pre motorized outriggers.

Of course Angourie [i know a devotee born there] is a long way from the top of Auz but at the right time of year it would no doubt be possible.

And to add further to that I've spoken to a very noble Aboriginal Elder, like a very dignified sadhu, much more pious than those plagued with alcohol these days, who firmly believed that his people had come from Ancient Bharat[india] and if you see the fishermen of Puri there is very little difference in their appearance.

So I'm sure if you continue to research it you'll find some more interesting links.

Where do you live yourself?

Could you comment on "Mahaji" and nagalinga in medicine?

Can't help you there but Nagalinga sounds like some connection to Lord Siva I don't know as I'm not a linquist. All the best in your search and thanks for the post, that was one outa' the blue, I too may follow up on some of your clues. This migration facinates me.

Guest guest

Australian aborigenees lived there for at least 50,000 years, perhaps absorbing some more recent immigrants from the Indian subcontinent. It is a very ancient culture with very interesting and distinct system of beliefs.

The Maoris in New Zealand are much more recent immigrants from India and much more similar to the Aryan culture.

The record is in "Australian Dreaming" J.Isaacs. Cam., and the Papers of Marjorie Oakes held by Australian Institute Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Studies. (also search web "three brothers bundjalung").

In Angkor times, Champa had a navy big enough to invade China's ports, and Admiral Zheng He of China sailed big ships to Africa. The "njunjau" snake-boats of Kalimantan had many rowers, and Gamilari "njunjun" (west of Bundjalung country) means "clever man like a snake in the grass". ("quick traveller"?). Maoris travelled in such transport-boats on several occasions to the new land. "Maori" means "good man", and Gamilari "marra murri" means the same thing. Gam. "kumil" is a man's grave, like Java "kamil" man's spirit at a grave, and "kamal" perfect man.

There is indeed a connection with Indo-European culture, and I believe that much may be learned mutually from the east and west ends of Eurasia.

Please search web for "turoe stone galway", about an ancient stone in Ireland like a Shiva linga.

chimera