IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Lee

Need advice please!!!

Rate this topic

Hi guys

Im very interested in the Hare Krishna movement. I dont know where to start. I dont know much about the way you worship, and when and how to go to a spiritual meeting. Wont know what to do. Where do I start and where do I find someone to teach me. I am a 29 year old male and live in London.

Lee

Lee,

God has somehow brought you to the place where the infinite bends closest to the finite. Here you will find the Ultimate Truth and His Grace.

This is best done by following God's directions and the directions of His pure disciple which are revealed in the sacred conversation known as the Bhagavad-gita As It Is (or the Song of God).

Everything is given there. Many methods and complete knowledge eventually lead one along the miraculous path to God. And the perfection of life.

Only one thing is required for success: sincerity. Once on Krsna's path, that sincerity will blossom into an absolute all-encompassing desire to be with Him - and Him alone always. Then you will have your wish, the wish throbbing in the core of everyone's heart of hearts.

Good luck,

gHari

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I am happy you are interested in Hare Krishna!

Hare Krishna is an age old tradition that was existing on this planet. In the recent past, approximately 5000 years ago, Lord Krishna came to Earth and spoke the Bhagavat Gita to Arjuna in the Great Battle. This sacred converstion (the previous post devotee has named the book) was recorded by Sage Vyasa and was written as part of Mahabharat (an epic).

Bhagavad Gita has been extruded from this epic and is read separately all over. This book was written again in english by His Divine Grace A.C.Bhakti Vedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada (Founder Acharya of ISKCON). Please read this book as a spiritual guide and knowledge about Krishna and the world as it is.

Fast forwarding from 5000 years to 500 years before, around 1485 AD, Lord Krishna again came as Lord Chaitanya to earth and revived the lost tradition of Krishna Consciousness. Lord Chaitanya's main preaching was Nama Sankirtan which means chanting God's name- attaining the Lotus Feet of Lord Krishna through Chanting His Name.

This is basically the foundation of ISKCON where Srila Prabhupada came to the US and started. But the philosohpy of ISKCON as i mentioned was existing since Lord Chaitanya (500 years)...called the Gaudiya Vaishnava School. This philosohpy is the cream of all philosophies existing and the acharyas (spiritual teachers) have stated that for this age of Kali...the only way to deliverance is by chanting the Lords's Name which you see in ISKCON temples.

Please buy and read Bhagavad Gita As it is written by Srila Prabhupada and chant

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

However, going to the ISKCON temple in London will help you understand things clearly. Do not worry too much about other formalities...visit the temple and the rest Lord Krishna will take care.

and ofcourse....for everything...we need COMMITMENT and SINCEREITY!

Best of Luck!

Haribol!

anand

Hare Krishna

All glories to Srila prabhupad

Kali kale dharma sri krishna sankirtana

This is the age of kali and the duty to acquire Self realization and attain eternal abode of Lord Krishna. Then please Chant the Holy name of the lord Krishna. HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE

Where are you from? and try to look out for a Iskcon temple near you or anybody's house who is chanting the holy name of Lord Hari. Get association with them and Read Prabhupad's books

Try to chant Hare Krishna Maha mantra that is the how you have to join with Hare Krishna

Good luck to chant the holy name of the Lord Krishna

Hare Krishna