IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Kerala Hindus fight back against Christian conversion efforts

Rate this topic

Small branch but with a big voice.

It is the loudest person who gets the more attention, not the biggest person with a small voice. In the end, it is how you deliver which counts, not what you deliver - basic for all presentation and public talkings.

ISCKON maybe small and insignificant to someone to the point that you could consider that their influence is sufficial as well. But when the West hears them, what they will see is what Hindusm supposed to be according to their own understanding.

I think still quality is still more important than quantity. What's the use of having crowd of sheeps? Jesus didn't have a corwd of disciples. But there was quality. One Pure devotee can have so much impact than a thousand ones shouting.

Hari bol!

Small branch but with a big voice.

The way I see it, Iskcon simply opened the gate for various forms of Vaishnavism coming to the West. I'm not sure what influence it will have 100 years from now. In some countries it is already a minority Vaishnava organization. Iskcon has lost a lot of steam in the West and is facing major challenges to it's long term survival.

I think still quality is still more important than quantity. What's the use of having crowd of sheeps? Jesus didn't have a corwd of disciples. But there was quality. One Pure devotee can have so much impact than a thousand ones shouting.

Hari bol!

If one thousand idiots scream their lungs out in a crowd, your one "pure devotee" will be "crushed" by their noises. :rolleyes:

This is Adharmic World - people attend to do stupid things first, then seek forgiveness from others, only to repeat the same mistake over and over again. God for this sort of people are "tools" which they could seek forgiveness from. Anyone who preaches God, Karma and Redemption for the Sins committed, will be swipe aside in place of god who forgives everything.

Do not be so naive in thinking that people will follow a Pure Devotee to seek redemption and betterment of their lives. People just want to live in the fast lane, enjoy themselves and "wash" away their sins by dumping it onto someone else. That someone usually is a god they fashioned themselves. :rolleyes:

The way I see it, Iskcon simply opened the gate for various forms of Vaishnavism coming to the West. I'm not sure what influence it will have 100 years from now. In some countries it is already a minority Vaishnava organization. Iskcon has lost a lot of steam in the West and is facing major challenges to it's long term survival.

Correct ... and later, the memory of ISCKON will live on in minds of Westerns as proof that Hindusm failed. Westerners, especially Christians will not bothered about Santana Dharma, but will only remember the lessons and failure of ISCKON.

And besides, you will never know what will happen in the next 25 years. Maybe ISCKON will successfully implement Christian ways into their teaching, creating a new form of teaching which overshadows Santana Dharma even further. You will never know.