IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Is Vedic Religion the only religion in other Yugas?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am very distraught by all the religious confusion and all the various theories on spirituality that are out there. It's very confusing, and people don't know what is true when there are some many different religious theories, doctrines, yoga systems, spiritual philosophies, whatever you want to call them. You know what I mean. Is this a sympton of the Kali Yuga only? In other religions did everyone on earth (even outside India) follow the Vedic religion?

Before 5000 Year Ago, there was no other religion except Vedic Religion being practised accross the World. That's a historical fact.

is it??

i recall when reading the Mahabharata that Duryodhana recruited many thousands of tribesman that were non-Vedic.

is it??

i recall when reading the Mahabharata that Duryodhana recruited many thousands of tribesman that were non-Vedic.

I remember that I think, not sure. Vedic Means, the only Scripure was Vedas. Maybe they practised something to do with Vedic Scriptures.

It does say Maharaja Yudisthara conquered the Entire World with His Brothers. So, maybe at that time some were outside of Vedic Principles. The mind boggles and I can't be bothered hehe,

Guest guest

Is following the karma-kanda portion of the Vedas also "religion"?

Since karma-kanda is for acquiring material prosperity, does that really qualify as "religion"?

Does seeking to merge into brahman aslo constitute a "religion" even if there is no conception of a personal supreme God?

The Vedas contain instructions on karma and jnana and yoga.

So, "religion" is not the only principle advocated in the Vedas.

There is worship of demigods also given there.

The "religious" portion of the Vedas deals with the upasana-kanda portion of the Vedas which delineate the instruction on yoga - the dharma of religious codes.

Karma-kanda and jnana-kanda do not conform to the modern concept of religion as we know it as the ideal of worship of God.

So, to say "THE Vedic religion" is actually a miconception because in the Vedas there are many "religions", goals and paths delineated depending upon what one wants to get from the Vedic systems.

There is worship of Siva, Surya, Chandra, Indra etc.etc. as well as the worship of Vishnu.

It's not easily lumped into one broad principle called the "Vedic religion".

Guest guest

Good point, we should know what defines Vedic Religion, why is Islam and Chritianity classed as temporary? They are 100cent bona-fide according to our Prabhupada.

I think there are some references from Srila Prabhupada that no not support this claim of 100% bona-fide.

I will try to find something.

I remember seeing some things in the books, but I will have to go back and try to find what I am looking for.

What Srila Prabhupada said openly about other religions was sometimes more courtesy and pragmatism than actual fact.

Guest guest

my siksa guru told me that they arent 100% pure, but do they do practise bhakti they are little vaisnava in their nature.. cant remember the word he used.. but they are partly vaisnava in their practise and should be treated thereafter..

I think there are some references from Srila Prabhupada that no not support this claim of 100% bona-fide.

I will try to find something.

I remember seeing some things in the books, but I will have to go back and try to find what I am looking for.

What Srila Prabhupada said openly about other religions was sometimes more courtesy and pragmatism than actual fact.

I'm not sure what your reffering to, maybe you can post the quote.

Guest guest

Good point, we should know what defines Vedic Religion, why is Islam and Chritianity classed as temporary? They are 100cent bona-fide according to our Prabhupada.

bonafide? both of those religions say Vaishnavas are going to eternal damnation. They have nothing to do with Vedic shastra, and think Lord Vishnu/Krishna are demon imposters or make believe figures. How are they bonafide?

Guest guest

many christians and muslims dont say that.. real followers see God in ALL religions! and them whom dont are very poor in understanding God.. many great christian mystics and sufis says that God is all.. on good quote i know from a sufi master is this:

Az yak chiragh kaba-o-butkhana roshan ast.

the same lamp that lights up the kaba, lights up the temple

the light is reffering to God..

intresting when i said that many vaisnavas have a bad view on islam, sumone told me that i should say a few vaisnavas think this, shouldnt this be applyed to christian and muslims also then?

but why always try to compete with different paths to God that my way is better then urs? why not just let them be? talk about God so they can understand instead..

Guest guest

mysticism is forever, whatever religion it may pop-up in!

You do not believe the Vedic shastra do you? The Vedic Scriptures teach that only Sanatana Dharma, the religion of the Rishis, is eternal.

Guest guest

first of all, why cant all start reg them self to this sight instead of making troll comments!?

im a mystic, im a follower of God.. Allah, Krsna.. i read the Gita and it says that one should abandon ALL religions etc.. and this is what ive have done.. i follow God.. and my only duty is to attain love for God..

Guest guest

In the Gita, Krishna tells us to become His Devotee and practice Bhakti Yoga. Other Yoga sciences are also taught by Krishna in the Gita, but he declares devotion and surrender to Him is the easiest and most direct path. Once a person becomes aware of this, why one would follow any other religion or spiritual system is beyond me. All religious and yoga paths are much more difficult, compared to Bhakti Yoga. Devotional service towards their Lordship Radhi-Krishna will take us to Goloka.. :)

Forget trying to merge your awareness with the Impersonal brahmajyoti, or trying to reach the temporal celestial abodes, thru the practice of pious deeds and rituals. We have taken shelter at Krishna's Lotus Feet, and have no need to look elsewhere for our spiritual satisfaction. :) Krishna is the abode of Supreme Happiness... once you found the best, no need for the rest.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 12.3.52<blockquote>kRte yad dhyAyato viSNuM

tretAyAM yajato makhaiH

dvApare paricaryAyAM

kalau tad dhari-kIrtanAt

<B>Whatever result was obtained in Satya-yuga by meditating on ViSNu, in TretA-yuga by performing sacrifices, and in DvApara-yuga by serving the Lord's lotus feet can be obtained in Kali-yuga simply by chanting the Hare KRSNa mahA-mantra.

</b>

PURPORT

A similar verse is found in the ViSNu PurANa (6.2.17), and also in the Padma PurANa (Uttara-khaNDa 72.25) and the BRhan-nAradIya PurANa (38.97):

dhyAyan kRte yajan yajJais

tretAyAM dvApare 'rcayan

yad Apnoti tad Apnoti

kalau saGkIrtya kezavam

"Whatever is achieved by meditation in Satya-yuga, by the performance of sacrifice in TretA-yuga, and by the worship of Lord KRSNa's lotus feet in DvApara-yuga is obtained in the age of Kali simply by glorifying the name of Lord Kezava."

SrIla JIva GosvAmI has further quoted from the Brahma-vaivarta PurANa concerning the degraded condition of people in Kali-yuga:

ataH kalau tapo-yoga-

vidyA-yajJAdikAH kriyAH

sAGgA bhavanti na kRtAH

kuzalair api dehibhiH

"Thus in the age of Kali the practices of austerity, yoga meditation, Deity worship, sacrifice and so on, along with their various subsidiary functions, are not properly carried out, even by the most expert embodied souls.

SrIla JIva GosvAmI has also cited the CAturmAsya-mAhAtmya of the Skanda PurANa concerning the necessity of chanting Hare KRSNa in this age:

tathA caivottamaM loke

tapaH zrI-hari-kIrtanam

kalau yuge vizeSeNa

viSNu-prItyai samAcaret

"In this way the most perfect penance to be executed in this world is the chanting of the name of Lord SrI Hari. Especially in the age of Kali, one can satisfy the Supreme Lord ViSNu by performing saGkIrtana.''

In conclusion, massive propaganda should be made all over the world to induce people to chant the Hare KRSNa mantra, by which human society can be rescued from the dangerous ocean of the age of Kali.</blockquote>