IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

holy texts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Is God always LOVE?

Why cannot God also be HATE?

How many times in the lilas of Krishna do we see him getting ticked-off and killing some demons with extreme prejudice?

However, we need to understand that the HATE of God is just as spiritual and just as blessed as is his love.

God is love, yet God is hate also.

Even hate, in the mind of God is a very great blessing for those whom he hates.

The hippie concept that God is love is not really the ultimate conception.

Even in the Bible we see God getting ticked-off at the Jews and reeking exteme punishment upon them.

Still, the hate and anger of God is always spiritual and beneficial for the lost souls groping through the darkness of ignorance.

Guest guest

Jesus' two main precepts were:

1) Love God with all your mind, heart, etc

2) Love thy neighbor as thyself

By neighbor seems to me he might have possibly meant all other jeevs, not that we only love our neighbors in the gated community of all the other people in the world who think exactly like we do.

Bhag Gita states:

"The humble sages by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, ***a dog***, and a

dog-eater."

So no need drag the dogs into this re: "you have to be a dog" to speak to someone about siddhanta. However maybe Goddess Sarasvati was praising

dogs. After all, dogs aren't creating karma and many dogs do benefit things like rescue people and are therapy dogs and companion dogs.

So I am taking that dog statement as one must be so expert to preach siddhanta to others in a pleasing way, to attract others to the Supreme

Absolute Truth as expertly as a dog can hear things humans cannot hear,

we must be that empowered to hear the Divine as acutely as dogs can hear.

We much have as much unconditional love as therapy dogs do, we must be as brave as police and rescue dogs also. And if we can do all of thsoe things

we can be like the dog who was liberated by Lord Chaitanya.

Gaura-premanande! Woof woof!

Guest guest

good point.. in the quran, it says that God is without any form that WE could ever understand.. therefor He may have a form that is formless.. formless entities got mind and consciousness.. God is beyond our ouny minds.. so we cannot understand that maybe He has a form without a form, or a is formless with form or whatever.. When God appearse in His various avataras, then He has many forms.. and we cannot even understand that different forms are the same SOURCE.. why couldnt God choise to be a formless God..

even the vedas, sumwhere in the Rg Veda tells us that He has no hand etc but still He can take our offerings.. God is limitless, and therefor He could be without.. AND with.. He may appere to His follower as the follower may understand.. dont think God would make His devoutee be confused.. so He may appere as the devoutee could understand.. as with moses.. a bush that burns.. and a vocie came from the bush told Him that

I am what I am..

it is only we that are confusing us with this strange question etc.. if u wanna worship God with form, do so, and if u dont wanna have a form, dont.. God accept ur love and devotion unto Him, not what form we whant Him to have.. God love ALL.. even if u are a muslim, christian, mayavadi etc.. show each and other respect and love, and worship God in ur own way and all will be good i think..

Prabhupada came to the west to preach love of God, not what form God has.. he told us that if one are a christian we should help him become a better christian etc.. not to exclaim that sumones view of God is inferior..

Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Rahim is still a God word in arabic.. God forgive us if we apply form or not..

Guest guest

What is within the force.? How exactly He is everywhere ? Is He spiritual? What Is He? What's within His without?

These are some questions Islam is unable to answer.

im not a scholar in islam or a imam, but i know as much that ur wrong their..

within the force is light and Gods power, God is omniprecence, see all, know all and rembers all, God is beyond everythin material in the quran, and also the spiritual dimension He is beyond, God is Allah, The One, The Father of All, creator, destoyer and sustainer of all..

this is an attempt to make "my faiths is more supreme than urs" question, but ask a imam or a sufi sheikh and u will have those ansvewrs..

personaly i dont like questions that are for trying to concer other faiths to belittle them.. buts that just silly little me.. :rolleyes:

im not a scholar in islam or a imam, but i know as much that ur wrong their..

within the force is light and Gods power, God is omniprecence, see all, know all and rembers all, God is beyond everythin material in the quran, and also the spiritual dimension He is beyond, God is Allah, The One, The Father of All, creator, destoyer and sustainer of all..

this is an attempt to make "my faiths is more supreme than urs" question, but ask a imam or a sufi sheikh and u will have those ansvewrs..

personaly i dont like questions that are for trying to concer other faiths to belittle them.. buts that just silly little me.. :rolleyes:

Light according to Bhagavad-Gita is the Effulengence of Krishna. But it still doesn't answer what is within the light? Light is light, what is within this light?

One question which Muslims are not able to answer is how is it that they can live in ETERNAL HEAVEN. (with an eternal body!). Yet God in their estimation cannot processes an Eternal Form. I emphasize the word Eternal above Form. They have in thier Scriptures Angels who are genderless (neither male nor females), (spiritual beings), eternally serving God. So we can conclude (well you have to), that in Heaven according to Islam you will need to poccess a spiritual form. (according to Qu'ran).

Maybe some believe they will have a material body, but then what's the difference between material and spiritual then? That's Buddist thought I think.

Jesus' two main precepts were:

1) Love God with all your mind, heart, etc

2) Love thy neighbor as thyself

By neighbor seems to me he might have possibly meant all other jeevs, not that we only love our neighbors in the gated community of all the other people in the world who think exactly like we do.

Bhag Gita states:

"The humble sages by virtue of true knowledge, sees with equal vision a learned and gentle brahmana, a cow, an elephant, ***a dog***, and a

dog-eater."

So no need drag the dogs into this re: "you have to be a dog" to speak to someone about siddhanta. However maybe Goddess Sarasvati was praising

dogs. After all, dogs aren't creating karma and many dogs do benefit things like rescue people and are therapy dogs and companion dogs.

So I am taking that dog statement as one must be so expert to preach siddhanta to others in a pleasing way, to attract others to the Supreme

Absolute Truth as expertly as a dog can hear things humans cannot hear,

we must be that empowered to hear the Divine as acutely as dogs can hear.

We much have as much unconditional love as therapy dogs do, we must be as brave as police and rescue dogs also. And if we can do all of thsoe things

we can be like the dog who was liberated by Lord Chaitanya.

Gaura-premanande! Woof woof!

That's Uttama-adikari stage, who comes down to 2nd level to preach. Pure devoees. They can be critical because they can see the actual position. If they didn't ciritize they would be on the level you are speaking of. Then what is the question of preaching?

Guest guest

Light according to Bhagavad-Gita is the Effulengence of Krishna. But it still doesn't answer what is within the light? Light is light, what is within this light?

maybe u didnt read what i said when i say im no scholar or imam in islam.. so I cant answer ur question, go and ask a sufi master instead and he WILL give u the answer u seek!!

One question which Muslims are not able to answer is how is it that they can live in ETERNAL HEAVEN. (with an eternal body!).

yes they can, acording to muslim there soul are transfered to jinna, or heaven..

Yet God in their estimation cannot processes an Eternal Form. I emphasize the word Eternal above Form. They have in thier Scriptures Angels who are genderless (neither male nor females), (spiritual beings), eternally serving God. So we can conclude (well you have to), that in Heaven according to Islam you will need to poccess a spiritual form. (according to Qu'ran).

one of the four principles of hare krsna is not to gamble OR to mental speculate, and this is what u are now doing!

still i dont like questions etc that is for belittle once faith, or to show how suprem one faith is over others.. maybe u should meditate on being humble and more accepting to other faiths.. just a thaught..

Guest guest

In response to the initial question on this post:

QUESTION: IF SUFIS CAN ACCEPT OUR TEXTS AS DIVINE, WHY CAN'T V'S ACCEPT MUSLIM BOOKS AS DIVINE?

I feel that you have to be very careful when making broad sweeping generalizations. The reason why is that some Vaisnavas CAN and DO

accept Islamic books as Divine.

sorry, i understand that i should have wrote "why cant many vaisnavas accept the quran as holy?"

So it seems to me that anyone calling Muslims impersonalists is operating from a poor fund of knowledge, as well as anyone who says that only Sufis can accept Muslim books as Divine.

In addition, I feel it is extremely damaging to say things like "Sufis are more

elevated than Vaisnavas." The reason why is first of all that is a blanket statement. Who can tell who is a real Sufi and a real Vaisnava?

sufis are the real muslim, directly from imam ali, and they are like rumi, ghazali etc.. and vaisnavas is like shiva, prabhupada etc.. my statement that sufis is more elevated is because they are active in preaching love for God, IN ALL religion, that God is same and that one shouldnt abandon his/her faith, also sufis study the Gita, how many vaisnavas study the quran? not many i can say..

Second of all, do you suppose that everyone in one religion is cut out of the

same cloth? Have you ever read the Bhagavad Gita?

yes i have read the Gita many times, also i have wrote the Gita by hand, and are writing it by hand again, because i feel that one will understand the Gita better when one do this, escpesialy when one got dyslexia.. and no i dont think all is cut from the same cloth, but i say what i see and hear, read etc.. and those i have meet, what i have read etc is reflected after by my words..

So please see if you can avoid these types of blanket statements in the future. All it does is prove your ignorance and that you are not very well-read. Why not avoid these blanket statements to make your own argument

or thesis more valid?

of course im ignorant, like anybody else..but i have studyd sufism and the quran.. so i know so much, also i have read and studyd the Gita.. but u meen, because i dont know as much AS u whant me to, i should shut up.. why dont u apply these words to others here then that make personal statement? im a person, not an un-person, impersonal soul.. arent that little bit hypocrosy, to say that God is Personal etc, and when a personal jiva talk, he should be quite? because his personal view doesnt are good enough to u?

In the future why not say, "Why can't some Vaisnavas [do whatever]" rather than "Why can't Vaisnavas [do whatever]"? These blanket types of statements are called "Glittering Generalities" and are used as propaganda

usually in a political context to incite and fuel negative emotions.

negative emotions are already flowing here onwards islam what i have seen.. many times whe i have made posts about islam, they are met with negativity.. i post my words because i whant ansewrs or that i feel sumthing.. i have the same right as u to wright sumthing! even if u dont accept it, or find wrongs in my words.. rather try to find wrongs in my words, try to understand what im saying, its easier to try to understand sumone..

To blanket "all Sufis" or "all Vaisnavas" together without considering individual differerences such as levels of education, levels of realization, prior learning, and background experience like intimate knowledge of a foreign language and culture is a form of very dangerous Impersonalism.

like u did with me?

This dangerous form of Impersonalism [i.e. the use of Glittering Generalities plus the lack of respect for individual differences] leads to more and more hate and enmity, misunderstandings and discord in the world today.

as u did with me.. u didnt like my "individual" question.. arent that exactly what u didnt like bout my words what u doing against me?

This dangerous form of Impersonalism also creates negative kukarmas for yourself and others by sharing avidya. Please for the sake of yourself as

well as others, why not learn how to preface your remarks with words like

"it seems like some" or "it appears to me that most" which would make your

thesis more effective if you had a valid idea to begin with.

the chapter 18:66 is a good verse.. Krsna protecs me as long i give myself up unto Him.. so what karma can come to me? Krsna promise that one should surrender unto Him and He will make everything else as He see fit.. I have valid ideas, they may not be valid unto u perhaps, but thats ur PERSONAL view, and if one should listen to u, then try to listen unto others.. in my eyes, that is a grave sort of egoism, that my view are bad and faulty but urs is valid and good.. if u cant see this its a shame..

last thing i see about (many) personalists..

they say that impersonalists are afraid of this world etc, but (many) personalists are ecualy afraid of impersonalism etc.. one shouldnt be afraid of saying what one thinks if one meens good, without being afraid of karma etc..

dont take my words offensive, because i didnt meen it that way..

bismillah al-rahman al-rahim

Guest guest

I think you have the basic right idea, to seek Unity in Diversity, and most of your quotes you selected from Islam are quite interesting and charming.

In my opinion, just be careful to say "some" Vaisnavas, because at least one Vaisnava did quite alot of research on harmonizing the Supreme Absolute Truth from both the Islamic and Vaisnava perspectives.

Keep up the good work! It would be interesting if you created a website of your quotes harmonizing Hinduism with Islam. Someone has already done that with Judaism and Vaishnavism; it's called "Equal Souls".

I'm also quite impressed how many languages you know, so I feel that you have your strengths and good points as well. That you are trying to create harmony by appreciating many religions I feel is laudable, too:

"Blessed are the peacemakers" [bible]

"When the food of genuine peace is eaten, all tenets are satisfied."

from 'Rab.tu mi.gnas.pa'i rgyud [Tibet]

Aum Shanti Shanti Shanti

Aum Shanti Shnati Shanti

Aum Shanti Shanti Shanti

Aum

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> Yet God in their estimation cannot processes an Eternal Form. I emphasize the word Eternal above Form. They have in thier Scriptures Angels who are genderless (neither male nor females), (spiritual beings), eternally serving God. So we can conclude (well you have to), that in Heaven according to Islam you will need to poccess a spiritual form. (according to Qu'ran). </td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

one of the four principles of hare krsna is not to gamble OR to mental speculate, and this is what u are now doing!

still i dont like questions etc that is for belittle once faith, or to show how suprem one faith is over others.. maybe u should meditate on being humble and more accepting to other faiths.. just a thaught..

Belittle? I wasn't speculating.

In the Qu’ran it is mentioned that God has a hand. Muslims scholar(s) choose to interpretate this in their own way. This verse is the most important verse. Yet it is dismissed as a 'saying'. I.e. 'Give me a hand', 'give me a hand'. So they say Allah when it says He showed His hand, it doesn't mean a hand, it's saying something else. Speculating.?

I spoke with a Muslim the other day and he was adamant that the absolute truth is only an energy not a person.

I came out with so many statements, but still he was totally fixed in his conceptions based on blind following.....

That is why mayavadi philosophy is actually dangerous, because it leads people down wards, not up.

It is a philosophy which can easily be defeated by simple logic, yet the mayavadies don't want to see that, like the Muslims, they want to pray to a non-person an energy without personality and expect answers to their prayers.:)

Vaisnavas do not hate those people, but we are much against those faulty philosophies and conceptions which are around.

So it might look as if we hate but in reality we do not hate anyone, just the damage these philosophies are causing to innocent people.

The Absolute Truth is a person and has all those energies people are attracted to, like space, emptiness, nirvana, light etc. but without the personal aspect, these energies can not be called perfect or absolute.

That what is absolute has to have everything in full, as well as the personal aspect and the impersonal aspect, because all energies emanate from Him.

Behind the light there is the Personality of Godhead and He is the highest goal all other goals are inferior.

Guest guest

if sufis, muslim mystics can accept our texts as divine, why cant vaisnavas accept muslim books as divine? this for me shows that sufis are more elevated then vaisnavas that can accept others scriptures as divine and are going out with the message that God is the same in all faiths.. without saying Allah is better then Krsna.. we should learn from them!

If any person (not nessasarily a Vaisnava) reads the Muslim scriptures i.e Quran, Hadiths & Sirat, he'll quickly understand why they are not divine at all.

For example there are Quranic verses pertaining to the number of cows to be slaughtered in a qurban. No Vaisnava will ever accept this offense.

From the hadiths we understand the true charactors of Muhammad. Where-else the Sirat is talking about his many raids. Not defensive but offensive.

All this sounds so adharmic. So no Vaisnava accepts these scriptures. The bhakti movement's ultimate aim is 100% love of God. Where-else Muslims untimate aim is paradise where they get to enjoy virgins. (This info can be obtained from sahih Hadiths). It seems the fastest way to get to this paradise is through martyrdom.

Hare Krishna

All glories to srila prabhupad

The following is the one article cited from kathamrita bindu

that iam sharing here:

1.Why do you continue to hate the way the Lord is worshiped by people or other lands?There exsist a number of authentic ways to worship God, as can be seen practied by various people living in different contries.

2.Some poeple worship the Lord ina na untidy or careless manner; some worship him by bending down their knees; still others close their eyes while worshiping his impersonal brahman aspect.

3.Some people worship him by assuming various postures, and some immerse themselves in the congregational chanting of the lord's names; but all of them worship that one and only supreme treasure-Lord Sri Krishna.

4. Therefore you should all reflect a mood of brotherhood and live together in transcedental friendship. Always practice devotional service to Lord Hari, whether in life or at death.(gita vali8.5; prema pradipa, chapter 4.)

The above is What is the opinion on devotees, by Thakura Bhaktivinoda

and there might be some some lot of methods and ways of worshiping Lord as in three types 1.as Paramatma 2.as brahman 3. as bhagavan.these are the three types of worship recommended in sastras. Not to worship god in formless method. even that is a great offences which we are doing to Lord.

Lord is not like us. Lord is so merciful and he is liking every jiva to come back to him because we are also atma but jivatma and lord is parmatma.

that is the difference and Lord never say you to kill another jiva's body and eat with that never says God like that. There is no rights to kill ourselves i.e some people are commiting suicide. this is condemmed even in all sastras such as quran, bible and Bhagavad gita.so how then the lord can say that we can kill another jiva its very bad if sastra sys like this.

Hare Krishna

All of you sound like sympathetic Christians who are truly sorry for those souls who will not accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour (and thus, go to Hell for all Eternity).

Obviously, nothing will change your viewpoint, but there do exist people who do not believe in a personal God because He/She (take your pick) has not answered prayers, performed miracles, etc.

Because people do not believe in a personal God does not mean they do not want to believe in one. Who wouldn't want to believe in a Father who takes care of us and answers our prayers? The obvious answer is that some people cannot believe because God has not done what scripture has said he would do.

What do you tell a Jewish boy would lived through a concentration camp? That God doesn't love him, or that He has forsaken him? Why didn't He answer that boy's prayers, which clearly had more importance than someone desiring Enlightenment.