IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

An Inconvenient Truth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I saw this documentary from Al Gore and thought it was a very well balanced perspective on global warming. I would certainly recommend anyone to check it out. The photos are pretty damning.

But as relates to India there are two important points. First, they are pointing out that 40% of the people of India get their water from run off from the glaciers in the mountains. However, the glaciers are disappearing, and if they go, then large portions of the area (hundreds of millions) will have a lack of water. Second, they pointed out that Greenland and Antarctic are melting very rapidly, and if Greenland melts, it would raise world water levels up by 20 feet. They showed what this would do around the world, and pretty much the whole of West and East Bengal will disappear, all of Calcutta will be gone. As will Mayapur etc....

Seriously, check out the film in your local theater.

Guest guest

I saw this documentary from Al Gore and thought it was a very well balanced perspective on global warming. I would certainly recommend anyone to check it out. The photos are pretty damning.

But as relates to India there are two important points. First, they are pointing out that 40% of the people of India get their water from run off from the glaciers in the mountains. However, the glaciers are disappearing, and if they go, then large portions of the area (hundreds of millions) will have a lack of water. Second, they pointed out that Greenland and Antarctic are melting very rapidly, and if Greenland melts, it would raise world water levels up by 20 feet. They showed what this would do around the world, and pretty much the whole of West and East Bengal will disappear, all of Calcutta will be gone. As will Mayapur etc....

Seriously, check out the film in your local theater.

When people insist on being so stupid to burn fossil fuels in order to get their goddamn unrenewable energy then they better should stop lamenting that the world water levels will raise for 20 feet. You reap what you sow, it's that simple.