IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Eight aspects of Subtle sex life : Are you still a lusty bag of carnal desire???

Rate this topic

There's no need of practising brahmacari in this age - remember, acceptance of sannyas is even forbidden. Instead, spiritually inclined children, the future preachers are of importance. This world is in great need of powerful devotees and NOT neophyte brahmacaris! So many advanced devotees are waiting to take birth on earth and spread the yuga-dharma with great force!?

The Brahma-vaivarta Purana (Krsna-khanda 115.112-113) states:

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

asvamedham gavalambham sannyasam palapaitrkam

devarena sutotpattim kalau panca vivarjayet

In Kali-yuga five activities are forbidden: the offering of a horse in sacrifice,the offering of a cow in sacrifice, the acceptance of sannyasa, offering flesh to the forefathers, and begetting children through a husband’s brother.

Some people try to establish on the basis of this sloka that the acceptance of sannyasa is forbidden in Kali-yuga. However, this sloka has a hidden intention. The purpose of this sloka is not to forbid sannyasa altogether. Indeed, many great personalities who appeared in Kali-yuga were tyagis or sannyasis, including Sri Ramanuja, Sri Madhva, Sri Visnu-svami, and other acaryas who were well acquainted with all the sastras, as well as the crown jewels of all acaryas, the Six Gosvamis, who were bhaktas of Sri Gaura.

The pure succession of sannyasa is continuing, even today. The injunction against accepting sannyasa in Kali-yuga actually means that it is improper to accept the ekadanda-sannyasa that evolved from the unauthorized line of thought propagated by Acarya Sankara, and which is expressed in maxims such as so ‘ham (I am that brahma) and aham brahmasmi (I am brahma). It is this type of sannyasa that has been forbidden.

Tridanda-sannyasa is the real, perpetual sannyasa, and it is applicable at all times. Sometimes tridanda-sannyasa externally appears in the form of ekadanda-sannyasa. Ekadanda-sannyasis of this type, who are actually great souls, accept the eternality of tridandasannyasa that symbolizes the three features of sevya (the object ofservice), sevaka (the servitor), and seva (service). Such people consider the ekadanda-sannyasa propagated by Sankara to be completely unauthorized and not supported by sastra. It is therefore proven, even on the basis of the Brahma-vaivarta Purana sloka cited by smarta acaryas, that it is logical for sadhakas who are pursuing the nivrtti-marga to accept sannyasa.

excerpted from Chapter 7 of Srila Bhaktivnoda Thakura's

Jaiva Dharma:

Chapter 7 -- Nitya-Dharma & Material Existence

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> http://bvml.org/SBNM/JaivaDharma/07.html<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->

Guest guest

Puru, is this from Jaiva Dharma, or from one of Narayana Maharaja's footnotes in Jaiva Dharma?

Guest guest

Sharp observation, I do recall it being a footnote. I will check Vaman Maharaj's bengali ed. later.

The layout is rather confusing, partly because this is a very long footnote. And it's interesting to note that Sripad Narayana Maharaja uses that footnote to clarify, in a way, a comment by Bhaktivinoda Thakura's character to the effect that in Kali Yuga the grihastha ashram is the most appropriate because there's no fear in falliing down from it. In any event, if a reader looks closely, it will be clear that this is indeed an excerpt from one of Sripad Narayana Maharaja's footnotes in Chapter 7. I would guess that there's no harm, no foul here, since Puru prabhu is a siksa disciple of Narayana Maharaja's.

Puru, is this from Jaiva Dharma, or from one of Narayana Maharaja's footnotes in Jaiva Dharma?

It is from the end of the footnote. Just scrolll up from the bottom of the url I gave

http://bvml.org/SBNM/JaivaDharma/07.html

and see:

J A I VA - D H A R M A CHAPTER 7 168

– continuation of footnote 2 (from page 155):

Stonehearted there is nothing confusing about the layout of this page:

http://bvml.org/SBNM/JaivaDharma/07.html

Kindly take notice that all the footnotes are clearly indicated and are posted in smaller typeface than Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura's text. Unless I wanted Jaiva Dharma up in pdf format this is the best way I could come up with to do the footnotes in an html scrolling copy of each chapter.

Anyway what matter? Read the quote and the explanation of the sloka is straightforward, shastrially based and bona fide. Srila Prabhupada explained it the same way. So have other acaryas.

Srimad-Bhagavatam (10.2.32):

ye ‘nye ‘ravindaksa vimukta-maninas

tvayy asta-bhavad avisuddha-buddhayah

aruhya krcchrena param padam tatah

patanty adho ‘nadrta-yusmad-anghrayah

O lotus-eyed Lord, those who do not take shelter of Your lotus feet vainly

consider themselves to be liberated. Their intelligence is impure because

they are devoid of affection and devotion for You, and in reality they are baddha-jivas.

Even though such people attain the platform of liberation

by undergoing severe austerities and spiritual practices, they fall from that

position due to neglecting Your lotus feet.:pray:

Srila Prabhupada's Warning on Subtle Sex

The following is an excerpt from a lecture that Srila Prabhupada gave in Vrindavan in May, 1975 (SB 7:6:4).

• "They feel very happy: “How this man is talking with this woman woman is talking, this woman, and how they are enjoying.” So that is subtle, subtle enjoyment. There are eight kinds of subtle sex life. If you see one beautiful woman and if you appreciate, “Oh, how nice the face is,” that is subtle sex. If you read books, that is also subtle sex. If you endeavor how to approach that woman or man to find out the opportunity, that is subtle sex. There are eight kinds of subtle sex life. So it is forbidden for a brahmacari even to think of woman. That is brahmacari. Even thinking of woman is subtle sex life. It is very, very difficult.":pray:

Guest guest

If you against sex you are are obsessed by sex...it will haunt you! Just see the extensive anti sex post at the beginning, this person is obsessed by sex, it is 24/7 endlessly torturing his mind.

This is totally wrong, because it is totally against nature, because that is what nature is, because man cannot be complete without women and family, but the man should be faithful to his wife, once married , he should not think about other woman,same is true for woman also, now as for as god is concerned I do not why the people thought they cannot get to god with marriage, it is totally wrong.

the soul can never be a lusty bag of carnal desire.

as long as we are not these bodies, we can never really be a bag of lusty carnal desire.

even if the body is a bag of lusty carnal desire we can never be a bag of lusty carnal desire, because we are not these bodies.

so, there...........................

Guest guest

I practice brahmacarya because I am single celibate and follow the four regulative principles. In order to be a successful aspiring devotee one must be brahmcari under these conditions.

It is quite possible if one observes a chastity of mind,organizes one's life to avoid unecessary contact with sexual attraction and most important, strictly follow the bhakti sadhana, morning program, sixteen rounds before noon.

I practice brahmacarya because I am single celibate and follow the four regulative principles. In order to be a successful aspiring devotee one must be brahmcari under these conditions.

It is quite possible if one observes a chastity of mind,organizes one's life to avoid unecessary contact with sexual attraction and most important, strictly follow the bhakti sadhana, morning program, sixteen rounds before noon.

Well, like Yogi Berra said "it ain't over till it's over".

When you have made it to old age and can still make that claim then maybe people will ooh and ahh over you, but as it is, we have seen many a idealistic young brahmacary hit the skids a little later in life, so we aren't going gaagaa over you quite yet.:eek3:

sixteen rounds before noon.

When I was a brahmacary we had our rounds done before morning meal of prasadam and best if to have them done at the end of Brahma-muhurta.

By NOON?

that is a very loose program by Old ISKCON standards.

Then we had to spend all day in Buddhi-yoga or Sankirtan Yagna depending on the ashram.

I lived in some staunch ISKCON brahmacary ashrams back in the late 70's and early 80's.

I imagine that ISKCON had lost a lot of potency since then.

Guest guest

When I was a brahmacary we had our rounds done before morning meal of prasadam and best if to have them done at the end of Brahma-muhurta.

By NOON?

that is a very loose program by Old ISKCON standards.

Then we had to spend all day in Buddhi-yoga or Sankirtan Yagna depending on the ashram.

I live in some staunch ISKCON brahmacary ashrams back in the late 70's and early 80's.

I imagine that ISKCON had lost a lot of potency since then.

Since we are competing about standards, the rule is allowing for that although I do get them done by 7:00 AM. (It's more than enough time).

How many devotees get their rounds done by noon, regardless of ashrama?

Guest guest

My Guru told me to chant 64 rounds and it takes me until about noon each day to do that. Sri Chaitanya said to chant 64 rounds but it isn't easy doing what Sri Chaitanya said.