IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
SecretJeevas Productions

Narada Purana

Rate this topic

In an effort to share with the devotees, and the world, the spiritual knowledge from ancient Sanskrit texts, SecretJeevas Productions is making excerpts from the Narada Purana available on our website. It is our understanding that Srila Prabupada wanted all of the relevant Vedic texts to be one day translated, and meditated on. Sri Chaitanya, and his followers, uncovered and shared with everyone the supreme spiritual secret found in the Puranas. This is just one drop of that nectar...

Part 2, Chapter 80 – The Glory of Vrindavan

Vasu said to Mohini,

3. O gentle lady, listen to the esoteric secret from me about Vrindavan. After acquiring it from the excellent preceptor, it has never been recounted by me to anyone.

46-47. Surrounded by cowherds and cows, He delightedly used to go back to the cowherd colony in the evening. His female friends would take Radha, His beloved to the spot called Sakhi-Sthala. Everyday the beautiful ladies of large eyes, used to go to their own houses along with Her. Coming to and fro like this sportingly, He frequented that place everyday.

49. I know it through the utterance of the delighted lover. I am telling you a secret that should be well guarded as well. She got this excellent rendezvous through the merit accruing from the offer of unguents to Lord Krishna.

50.-52. She was always eagerly occupied in Krishna’s service. She was alone and He too was alone. But there are hundred crores of similar couples imitating Radha and Krishna and engaged in different kinds of dalliance. Born of the first pair they enliven the immobile ones as well. Though They are devoid of coming and going, They are still ever fresh and new - that is unapproachable to the third person where the second person becomes united with one.

53. Their form comprising in itself the origination, sustenance, dissolution of the universe is extraordinary. I alone know this. Having heard what has been heard you too know this.

57. Hence there is only one reality. There are not many things here. O highly-blessed lady, the secret of the Lord of the Cowherdesses has been related to you.

82. O Mohini, in the holy land of Vrindavan, men, woman, monkeys, worms, insects, locust, birds, trees, deer, mountains always utter the names of Radha and Krishna.

More at secretjeevas.com/NaradaPurana.htm