IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Krishna Conscious Christian??

Rate this topic

I went to Chrurch today.. I'm not exactly sure why.. A friend invited me and I had moved back to an area where I once was Christian.. I left Christianity many years ago.. I have learned ALOT by being a Buddhist and now I'm into Krishna. When I found Krishna (or did he find me?) I felt this amazing uncondtional love... I spoke to a guy on wednesday and he told me about how Christ was his experience with Uncondtional love.. I told him I never got that from Christ but from Krishna.. He said then Krishna is where I should stay.. I tend to judge things by the definition of the Holy Spirit: Love, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, Trustfulness, Self control..

I find that Krishna fits perectly in that definition.. I thought to myself.. Well Jesus does match with the Holy Spirit as well.. I thought about the similarities.. The Holiness of both Jesus and Krishna.. Tonight while at Church I felt a peace I had not felt in a long time.. Because of my faith in the Holy Spirit.. I found that I could worship Christ... And I could Worship Krishna because both in my eyes posses the Holy Spirit. I felt like I was free because I finaly found truth..

Unfortunatly I just cant let the Christians know of my love for Krishna.. The next thing I would know is them all preaching at me about how I am a devil worshiper.

Is it wrong for me to do this? I didnt want to make such a desicion without getting advice first...

Is it wrong for me to do this? I didnt want to make such a desicion without getting advice first...

I would say it sounds as though the Lord in the heart has already given you all the confirmation you need.

Personally I won't hear from any teacher who can not recognize Lord Jesus Christ as the pure bhakta of Lord Krsna. Krsna is the one Supreme Lord and Jesus Christ is His eternal loving servant.

It is not that they both are equally "God enlightened" and so we can pick and choose and get the same result.

Jesus said "I and My Father are one." He then said, "The Father is greater than I". As long as we maintain that understanding everything is perfect.

But don't accept my word for it or any different viewpoints you may hear from others about how you can't do that. Ask Jesus. Ask Krsna.

I was an atheist and a burned out drug head until I got a tiny tiny drop of the grace of Lord Jesus Christ which turn my life around in a major way. No church, no Bible just a simple prayer that was answered with the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Worshipping Them together is the most natural thing. We worship the very love that passes between Them.

Sometimes I chant Jaya Jaya Yeshua...Jaya Jaya Krsna.

Lord Caitanya taught there are no hard and fast rules for chanting the holy names. But the Hare Krsna mantra should make up the great bulk of our chanting. And our beads are this mantra alone. If Lord Jesus were to see us chanting Hare Krsna on our beads He would be very pleased.

I did find though that the Bible does not contain nearly as much information about spiritual life as the Srimad Bhagavatam so I am not very interested in the Bible except for the 4 gospels.

So have fun in the freedom of worship that Krsna and Christ will bless you brother.

Chant on

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Guest guest

Heeeyyy,

gotta hide your

love away...

I wrote this in my journal.. for those who dont know me.. I am diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia and yes I'm seeing people for it.. I state this because I talk about my disease in this post...

This is what I wrote tonight :

So I went back to Church.. while I was there I dealt with the voices... Trying to scare me into Christianity because they used to rule me in desperate fear when I was a Christain so many years ago. I would not tolerate it any longer and began my self made meditation. I live in 2 worlds one reality and the other a overlapping Illusory reality.. Phantoms from the Illusory reality flew out from the Pastor trying to condemn me. I focused on my love of the Holy Spirit and they could not deter me from me peace.. Afterwards I discovered I could love Krishna and Christ together for I worship the Holy Spirit within them..

The Holy Spirit is the Key.. Jesus claimed that God the Father was greater than himself yet he also declared that the sins against the Son and the Father can be forgiven.. but.. Sins against the Holy Spirit cannot be forgiven.. Therefore the Spirit is the GREATEST of the Three

Guest guest

The next time you go to church you should jump up in the middle of the sermon and start chanting Hare Krishna as loud as you can can till the deacons toss you out of the building.

This would give some purpose and meaning to the situation.

Guest guest

Jesus never used the word Christian. Christ consciousness is infact non-denominational and pre-Christian. Jesus was not even the first Messiah. Horus, Mithra, Quezacotal all were Messianic figures who started mystical sects before Jesus. The Jesus revelation was a continuation of the pre-Christian Mystery Tradition.

The sects of "Christianity" that are comparable to Vedic sects, do not preach like the Protestant/Catholic churches, with all their hellfire and damnation, and Jesus is the Only Way talk. The mystical Christians speak about the Pre-existence of the Soul, and reincarnation as part of the soul's development on the Path of the Overcomer... They also do not teach the Trinity doctrine. They realize Jesus as either a nitya-siddha (eternally liberated), or someone who reached Messianic consciouness, to show us the Way to Nirvikalpi Samadhi (God consciousness).

Here are 2 esoteric Christian groups:

rosicrucian.com

sophian.org

There is a big difference in understanding between esoteric Christians and the Romanized Christians.

There are a lot of conflicts between Hare Krishnas and orthodox Christians. And the more fundamentalists consider Hare Krishnas in their midst to be "wolves in sheep's clothing". I can't tell you how many times I've been told I am going to burn in hell and need to repent, because I follow the Bhagavad Gita's teachings or whatever. However, you will NOT hear that rhetoric from the Sophians or the esoteric sects. So if you are looking for "Christ-ian fellowship", and for the deeper spiritual perspective of Christ's teachings, you might check out an esoteric sect to study with. Just a suggestion. :)

Jesus never used the word Christian. Christ consciousness is infact non-denominational and pre-Christian. Jesus was not even the first Messiah. Horus, Mithra, Quezacotal all were Messianic figures who started mystical sects before Jesus. The Jesus revelation was a continuation of the pre-Christian Mystery Tradition.

The sects of "Christianity" that are comparable to Vedic sects, do not preach like the Protestant/Catholic churches, with all their hellfire and damnation, and Jesus is the Only Way talk. The mystical Christians speak about the Pre-existence of the Soul, and reincarnation as part of the soul's development on the Path of the Overcomer... They also do not teach the Trinity doctrine. They realize Jesus as either a nitya-siddha (eternally liberated), or someone who reached Messianic consciouness, to show us the Way to Nirvikalpi Samadhi (God consciousness).

Here are 2 esoteric Christian groups:

rosicrucian.com

sophian.org

There is a big difference in understanding between esoteric Christians and the Romanized Christians.

There are a lot of conflicts between Hare Krishnas and orthodox Christians. And the more fundamentalists consider Hare Krishnas in their midst to be "wolves in sheep's clothing". I can't tell you how many times I've been told I am going to burn in hell and need to repent, because I follow the Bhagavad Gita's teachings or whatever. However, you will NOT hear that rhetoric from the Sophians or the esoteric sects. So if you are looking for "Christ-ian fellowship", and for the deeper spiritual perspective of Christ's teachings, you might check out an esoteric sect to study with. Just a suggestion. :)

Thank you.. that was a good reply..

Rosicrucians have a strong jnana-yoga tendency and have come to a concluion that is mayavad. I read some of their stuff 35 years ago and this was the conclusion I reached. If I am wrong I'll accept the correction. The other group mentioned I have never heard of.

Jesus is a Bhakta. Emphasize Bhakti.

I find I learn about the nature of Jesus Christ from reading Prabhupada's books which clearly describe the nature of the Bhakta's.