IndiaDivine.org

How can I actually take complete shelter of KRSNA and become totally KRSNIZED???

Rate this topic

krsna

Extract from Srila B.P. Puri Maharaja, Heart of Krishna:

Only by taking complete shelter of Sri Radhika and her serving group, the hladini sakti,dot_clear.gif can we realize our innate spiritual identity and service to the holy lotus feet of Sri Guru, Gauranga, and Krishna. Srila Krishnadasa Kaviraja explains further why a pure Vaishnava's body is aprakrta,dot_clear.gif or supramundane:

"At the time of
diksa
dot_clear.gif
(initiation), the devotee surrenders to Krishna with body and soul. In reciprocation, Krishna accepts him, elevating him, body and soul, to a status equal to his own. The Lord transforms the Vaishnava's body and makes it a repository of transcendental emotions."

(
Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila
dot_clear.gif
8. 192-193)

He then quotes the Srimad-Bhagavatam:dot_clear.gif

When people reject materialism and conduct their lives under my direction, they attain immortality. They become eligible to be with me and share spiritual emotions (
rasa
) with me in their spiritual identity." (
Srimad-Bhagavatam
dot_clear.gif
11.29.34)

But what is meant by surrender, Srila Saraswati Prabhupada writes in his Anubhasyadot_clear.gif commentary:

Although one who has completely renounced the world (
akincana
) and one who is completely sheltered in Krishna (
saranagatah
) may appear to be the same externally, the devotee who has given up the world has also offered his soul. At the time of initiation, the devotee gives up material conceptions while he begins to understand
sambandha-jnana,
dot_clear.gif
one's eternal relationship with God and those who are part of the family of God. When the devotee gives up the shelter of
maya,
dot_clear.gif
he takes shelter of Krishna and is Krishnized. At this stage, the devotee's delusion as enjoyer of material pleasures dissipates, and his real self merges with his new identity as an eternal servant of Krishna. The devotee attains his spiritual body (
sac cid ananda svarupa
)and his eternal service to Krishna, serving him in his own transcendental form. The pure devotee's ecstatic service is an elevated stage of devotion which is often misinterpreted and misunderstood by those unacquainted with the science of devotion. For this kind of
aparadha
dot_clear.gif
one is deprived of the shelter of a Vaishnava guru."

(
Anubhasya, Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya
dot_clear.gif
4.193)

Extract from Srila B.P. Puri Maharaja, Heart of Krishna:

Only by taking complete shelter of Sri Radhika and her serving group, the hladini sakti,dot_clear.gif can we realize our innate spiritual identity and service to the holy lotus feet of Sri Guru, Gauranga, and Krishna. Srila Krishnadasa Kaviraja explains further why a pure Vaishnava's body is aprakrta,dot_clear.gif or supramundane:

"At the time of
diksa
dot_clear.gif
(initiation), the devotee surrenders to Krishna with body and soul. In reciprocation, Krishna accepts him, elevating him, body and soul, to a status equal to his own. The Lord transforms the Vaishnava's body and makes it a repository of transcendental emotions."

(
Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya-lila
dot_clear.gif
8. 192-193)

He then quotes the Srimad-Bhagavatam:dot_clear.gif

When people reject materialism and conduct their lives under my direction, they attain immortality. They become eligible to be with me and share spiritual emotions (
rasa
) with me in their spiritual identity." (
Srimad-Bhagavatam
dot_clear.gif
11.29.34)

But what is meant by surrender, Srila Saraswati Prabhupada writes in his Anubhasyadot_clear.gif commentary:

Although one who has completely renounced the world (
akincana
) and one who is completely sheltered in Krishna (
saranagatah
) may appear to be the same externally, the devotee who has given up the world has also offered his soul. At the time of initiation, the devotee gives up material conceptions while he begins to understand
sambandha-jnana,
dot_clear.gif
one's eternal relationship with God and those who are part of the family of God. When the devotee gives up the shelter of
maya,
dot_clear.gif
he takes shelter of Krishna and is Krishnized. At this stage, the devotee's delusion as enjoyer of material pleasures dissipates, and his real self merges with his new identity as an eternal servant of Krishna. The devotee attains his spiritual body (
sac cid ananda svarupa
)and his eternal service to Krishna, serving him in his own transcendental form. The pure devotee's ecstatic service is an elevated stage of devotion which is often misinterpreted and misunderstood by those unacquainted with the science of devotion. For this kind of
aparadha
dot_clear.gif
one is deprived of the shelter of a Vaishnava guru."

(
Anubhasya, Caitanya-caritamrta, Antya
dot_clear.gif
4.193)

When it says "Krishna accepts him, body and soul, to a status equal to his own" does this mean the jiva is no longer a jiva? I was reading in Srimad Bhagavatam that the residents of the spiritual world only have 78% of the qualities of Krishna and that is the max they can get so noone actually ever becomes completely equal to Krsna but at the same time I have read that Krsna can make his devotee even greater than Himself. It must be one of those transcendental contradictions that can only be understood by the grace of Krsna. Obviously I don't have any of that grace because I can never completely understand them.