IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
krsna

Am I a king dreaming that I am a butterfly or am I a butterfly dreaming I am king???

Rate this topic

<CENTER>

The Night Dream And The Day Dream

</CENTER><HR>Once a king summoned his ministers in the early morning hours and asked them,

“Last night, I had a very vivid dream. I was a butterfly, going from flower to flower, drinking honey. My dream was so clear and real that I have a grave doubt: Am I a king who was dreaming that he was a butterfly or am I a butterfly now dreaming that I am a king?”:confused:

SB 6.1.49: As a sleeping person acts according to the body manifested in his dreams and accepts it to be himself, so one identifies with his present body, which he acquired because of his past religious or irreligious actions, and is unable to know his past or future lives.

Are they only dreams or also act in our karma?

Hare Krishna

Chant and Be Happy:pray:

They are only dreams and they act in our karma. Our karmic life "apart" from Krsna is one long dream (nightmare).

Dreams are the results of various sanskaras or impressions that we have picked up through past live experiences and it is from this pool of impressions that various dream segments arise most often in disjointed form. Like dreaming of a golden mountain . We have never seen a golden mountain but we have experience of gold and mountains. In the night dream these may combine as a golden mountain.

It is also from this mind pool that we draw our inclinations and material desires which motivate our actions or karmas. Actions bring reactions which cause more actions and they all leave impressions on the mind subtley ever changing it's form and this is the wheel that we must escape from.

Of course the Lord and/or His devotees may appear to you in a dream. If they do then that is reality entering into our dreams to inspire us in some way. But then the Lord or His devotee entering into our waking life is the same thing really. Reality entering into our dream.

It is as if a totally awakened soul took a form that allowed him to appear in your dream at night and interact with you. We are dreaming so we take the setting of the dream itself to be real. The awakened soul knows you think like that so he plays along but at the same time directs you in so many ways to focus on Krsna and thus become awake to reality in the midst of your dream.

It is like a lucid dreamer teaching ordinary dreamers to wake up from inside their own dreams. This strikes me as "very very far-out ..man". :cool:

Krsna consciousness is the perfection of lucid dreaming.

Jiv Jago! Jiv Jago!

---------

From lecture on Sb 1.1.4

"So Vedic culture is very old. It is not a concocted thing or a new pattern. It is eternal. Therefore it is called sanatana. Sanatana means eternal. It has no beginning, no end. Sanatana. So Vedic culture means sanatana, eternal. Krishna is eternal. We living entities, we are eternal. And our relationship and exchange of loving service with Krishna is also eternal. Krishna is eternal, we are eternal, and our dealings with Krishna is also eternal. But sometimes it becomes interrupted by the maya, which is called svapna. Svapna means dreamlike. As dream has no fact, it is all hallucination, similarly our detachment from Krishna is also a hallucination. Actually, there is no detachment. And when we are covered by this hallucination... Just like in dream we cry, "Oh, here is a tiger! Here is a tiger!" Tiger. Where is tiger? Similarly, this forgetfulness of Krishna is like that. So if we simply follow the rules and regulations given by the great acaryas, then immediately we can revive our Krishna consciousness. It doesn't take even second. The method...(?) Just like you are dreaming, crying, "There is tiger, tiger." And if somebody pushes you, "Why you are doing that?" And if you immediately become awake "Oh! All tiger finished." (laughter) "All tiger finished." So one has to give the push that "There is no tiger." Then immediately the whole hallucination will go.

So this pushing method is given by Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally, Krishna personally. Jiv jago jiv jago gauracanda bole. Gauracandra, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, is asking everyone, "Wake up!" The same dreaming. "Wake up."

Jiv Jago! Jiv Jago!

Jiva jago, jiva jago Gauracandra bole.

Wake up sleeping souls, Lord Gauranga is calling You!

Sri Mayapur

By Isana Gaura Prabhu

In Mayapur Lord Gauranga's moon is rising, and from this land he gives the gift of

Krsna Prema. There is no mercy can compare to the mercy you'll find there. :pray:

All the holy-tirthas of Vndavana are in Mayapur. All the holy-rivers like Ganga flow here

forevermore. All glories to that place called Sri Mayapur.

In Mayapur Gauranga gives His causeless mercy. What to speak of Nityananda, who

brought the Holy Name. Pancatattva are always near, giving mercy to all that hear.

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare - Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

All glories to the residents of Sri Mayapur. All the denizens of heaven give you prayers

with folded hands.:pray: All glories to this most auspicious land.

In Mayapur the Lord's mood is separation, tasting the pure love that Sri Radha has for

Him. There is no love that can compare to the Love that He finds there.

With firm faith in the Holy Name, cast away your fears, seek refuge here and forever you

can stay. Take shelter in Gauranga's Holy Name. :pray:

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare - Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Kanai the lotus eyed, has come as Saci's son, and Balarama's took to sankirtan – Krsna's

flute has become His drum. In Mayapur the Lord welcomes everyone.

Sri Mayapur the place where we belong.

In Mayapur the Lord's rasa-dance is at Srivas Thakur's home, where the treasure of the

world enjoys with only the chosen ones.

Sri Mayapur the place where we belong,

Sri Mayapur the place where we belong, Sri Mayapur the place where we belong.

Krsna consciousness is the perfection of lucid dreaming.

Jiv Jago! Jiv Jago!

---------

Jiv jago jiv jago gauracanda bole. Gauracandra, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, is asking everyone, "Wake up!" The same dreaming. "Wake up."

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

:pray:

---------

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

:pray:

SB 6.1.49: As a sleeping person acts according to the body manifested in his dreams and accepts it to be himself, so one identifies with his present body, which he acquired because of his past religious or irreligious actions, and is unable to know his past or future lives.

No more dreaming, only the super natural spiritual reality of KRSNA!:pray:

KRSNA in Real Time; KRSNA in KRSNA Time!:pray:

..so one identifies with his present body, which he acquired because of his past religious or irreligious actions, and is unable to know his past or future lives.

So from this, I take it that we do in fact presently have bodies, have had bodies in the past, and will continue to have bodies until we go back to Godhead. It's not that we are residing in the spiritual world dreaming that we have bodies. And the bodies that we presently have are due to religious or irreligious actions, not simply a fleeting fanciful thought of envy or incompleteness.

Next case.

So from this, I take it that we do in fact presently have bodies, have had bodies in the past, and will continue to have bodies until we go back to Godhead. It's not that we are residing in the spiritual world dreaming that we have bodies. And the bodies that we presently have are due to religious or irreligious actions, not simply a fleeting fanciful thought of envy or incompleteness.

Next case.

I don't wish to argue but you have totally missed the point.

Next case.

According to Sri Chaitanya, the material body can be transformed into an aprakrita (spiritual body) even in this lifetime.

so, the notion that we must wait to go back to Godhead to get a spiritual body is false.

A devotee who has mastered the senses and fully engages in Krishna consciousness devotional service transforms his material body into a spiritual body.

Otherwise, you cannot serve Krishna or the deities with a material body.

Devotional service spiritualizes the body even in this present body.

Pure devotees in this world don't have material bodies, though they appear to.

No more dreaming, only the super natural spiritual reality of KRSNA!:pray:

KRSNA in Real Time; KRSNA in KRSNA Time!:pray:

There're so many bodies with which to identify....

4mwv1gx.gif

Guest guest

According to Sri Chaitanya, the material body can be transformed into an aprakrita (spiritual body) even in this lifetime.

Can you tell more about that? What is meant..

There're so many bodies with which to identify....

4mwv1gx.gif

I only identify my 'self' with KRSNA and KRSNA's pure devotees whom I am trying to serve, honour and worship. I am KRSNA das in this body and so are you.

2cyk4up.gif

Hare KRSNA!:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

:namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: