IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Kripamoya

Creator gods confused with God

Rate this topic

Sometimes, I wonder who or what the god of the Bible really was.

Generally, we think that God is the creator God of the Bible.

But, there are powerful beings in the universe that could easily be confused with God in the eyes of the ignorant.

For example, we generally think that God created all things and all beings in the universe. Sometimes devotees think that Lord Brahma is the creator God.

Sometimes devotees think that Lord Siva is the progenitor of the living entities in the universe.

What we don't understand most often is that humankind and most other beings and life forms were actually created by powerful prajapatis.

Sukadeva Goswami instructed Maharaja Pariksit to listen carefully as he explained how Prajapati Daksha created the living beings and life forms in this universe.

SB 6.4.19

With his mind, Prajapati Daksa first created all kinds of demigods, demons, human beings, birds, beasts, aquatics and so on.

So, the point is that there have been powerful beings in the history of the world that could appear to be God to the ignorant.

Why should we accept religions that worship some creator God to be a genuine religion of love of the supreme, absolute, transcendental God?

Vaishnavism is about love and worship of the absolute God.

Vaishnavism is not about worship of a tribal god who spoke an oracle from the sky and gave some tribe in the middle east some tract of land to claim as their own.

It's not some tribal religion that worships some creator god who is being passed off as God,.

Guest guest

But, there are powerful beings in the universe that could easily be confused with God in the eyes of the ignorant.

For example, we generally think that God created all things and all beings in the universe. Sometimes devotees think that Lord Brahma is the creator God.

Sometimes devotees think that Lord Siva is the progenitor of the living entities in the universe.

What we don't understand most often is that humankind and most other beings and life forms were actually created by powerful prajapatis.

Sukadeva Goswami instructed Maharaja Pariksit to listen carefully as he explained how Prajapati Daksha created the living beings and life forms in this universe.

So, the point is that there have been powerful beings in the history of the world that could appear to be God to the ignorant.

Why should we accept religions that worship some creator God to be a genuine religion of love of the supreme, absolute, transcendental God?

Vaishnavism is not about worship of a tribal god who spoke an oracle from the sky and gave some tribe in the middle east some tract of land to claim as their own.

It's not some tribal religion that worships some creator god who is being passed off as God,.

Guest guest

Sorry, I forgot to post my comments.

Well, you're right about Vaishnavism worshipping the absolute God. So did Gnostic Christians (and supposedly Christ).

As for Judaism and its origins, this is where I disagree. God didn't talk to Moses "from the sky". He "talked" to Moses, just like any yogi would "talk" to God. He had a divine realization symbolized by his cane turning into a snake (meaning his consciousness was transformed by divine grace, aka kundalini shakti arose in him), and he saw a burning bush that he called Yahweh. I read somewhere that in Sanskrit, an epiphet for Agni, the god of fire, was called Yahvah. If this is true, I don't think it's a coincidence.

However, if a creator god actually created this universe, don't we belong to him? What is our relationship with this creator god? Who is this creator god, what is his significance? What is our place as far as he is concerned?

Also, as far as definition of God is concerned, God must be the generator, operator and destroyer of all things. If he's not, then what is he?

You could I suppose say that these creator gods are demigods, but how is it wrong to worship the absolute transcendental God by assuming the absolute God has the qualities of that demigod you are most attached to? Since all these demigods should have come from God to begin with, God should be capable of assuming these qualities or possessing them from the start, and thus worship of Him as having the qualities of a demigod should be natural.

Hare Krsnas worship God as having the qualities of Krsna. But what of those who have never heard of Krsna? How can they assume that this transcendental God is anything different from lower demigods or creator gods to begin with? How can they project any specific qualities upon this transcendental God?

It's possible to worship the absolute God incorrectly. We see the Hebrews came from demigod worship to the conception of one Supreme God above all gods. They were however infected with abominable concepts like animal sacrifice for the remission of certain sins. Vedic society had the same infection.

God certainly is the creator even of this universal phenomenon. Brahma creating is visarga or as the secondary creator. As long as someone says they are directing their worship to the one Supreme Lord what else can we say?

When talking to Mormons I always get the feeling that they are Brahma worshipers straight up. Not sure though.

When we say Creator we don't mean of just this universe alone but of the whole inconceivable cosmic manifestation. Many conceive of this universe as being the whole creation and that may cause a misunderstanding with devotees. They are saying there is only One Supreme God who created everything like we do but there conception islimited to this visible universe so devotees think they must be talking about Brahma. In the New Testament Gospel of John there is a nice description of the creation(this universe). There it says in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and was God. And that all things were created by him AND through him. That describes Brahma and then John says that that Word walked among us and we knew him not, referring to Christ. IOW's that Christ was an incarnation of Brahma.

So the point is that even in their text there is a distinction made between the One Supreme God and the universal creator. It states correctly that they are simulataneously one and different. But for me this doesn't become clear from the Bible alone but after hearing(reading) a little from Srila Prabhupada one can see it in it's proper light.

As far as creating humans and such ultimate that also is done by Krsna but through the steps Kripamoya described. My belief is that some of the present "aliens" buzzing around were of the same group that engineered the human race and who the Hebrew writers referred to as Elohim. It does say in the Bible Let US make man in OUR image.

We have to become inspired by intelligence to ask these questions. Fortunately by associating with Narada Muni through the SB we can

make up for our lack by listening to his.

---------

SB 2.5.1: Sri Narada Muni asked Brahmaji: O chief amongst the demigods, O firstborn living entity, I beg to offer my respectful obeisances unto you. Please tell me that transcendental knowledge which specifically directs one to the truth of the individual soul and the Supersoul.

SB 2.5.2: My dear father, please describe factually the symptoms of this manifest world. What is its background? How is it created? How is it conserved? And under whose control is all this being done?

SB 2.5.3: My dear father, all this is known to you scientifically because whatever was created in the past, whatever will be created in the future, or whatever is being created at present, as well as everything within the universe, is within your grip, just like a walnut.

SB 2.5.4: My dear father, what is the source of your knowledge? Under whose protection are you standing? And under whom are you working? What is your real position? Do you alone create all entities with material elements by your personal energy?

SB 2.5.5: As the spider very easily creates the network of its cobweb and manifests its power of creation without being defeated by others, so also you yourself, by employment of your self-sufficient energy, create without any other's help.

SB 2.5.6: Whatever we can understand by the nomenclature, characteristics and features of a particular thing -- superior, inferior or equal, eternal or temporary -- is not created from any source other than that of Your Lordship, thou so great.

SB 2.5.7: Yet we are moved to wonder about the existence of someone more powerful than you when we think of your great austerities in perfect discipline, although your good self is so powerful in the matter of creation.

SB 2.5.8: My dear father, you know everything, and you are the controller of all. Therefore may all that I have inquired from you be kindly instructed to me so that I may be able to understand it as your student.

SB 2.5.9: Lord Brahma said: My dear boy Narada, being merciful to all (including me) you have asked all these questions because I have been inspired to see into the prowess of the Almighty Personality of Godhead.

SB 2.5.10: Whatever you have spoken about me is not false because unless and until one is aware of the Personality of Godhead, who is the ultimate truth beyond me, one is sure to be illusioned by observing my powerful activities.

SB 2.5.11: I create after the Lord's creation by His personal effulgence [known as the brahmajyoti], just as when the sun manifests its fire, the moon, the firmament, the influential planets and the twinkling stars also manifest their brightness.

SB 2.5.12: I offer my obeisances and meditate upon Lord Krishna [Vasudeva], the Personality of Godhead, whose invincible potency influences them [the less intelligent class of men] to call me the supreme controller.

SB 2.5.13: The illusory energy of the Lord cannot take precedence, being ashamed of her position, but those who are bewildered by her always talk nonsense, being absorbed in thoughts of "It is I" and "It is mine."

SB 2.5.14: The five elementary ingredients of creation, the interaction thereof set up by eternal time, and the intuition or nature of the individual living beings are all differentiated parts and parcels of the Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, and in truth there is no other value in them.

SB 2.5.15: The Vedic literatures are made by and are meant for the Supreme Lord, the demigods are also meant for serving the Lord as parts of His body, the different planets are also meant for the sake of the Lord, and different sacrifices are performed just to please Him.

SB 2.5.16: All different types of meditation or mysticism are means for realizing Narayana. All austerities are aimed at achieving Narayana. Culture of transcendental knowledge is for getting a glimpse of Narayana, and ultimately salvation is entering the kingdom of Narayana.

SB 2.5.17: Inspired by Him only, I discover what is already created by Him [Narayana] under His vision as the all-pervading Supersoul, and I also am created by Him only.

SB 2.5.18: The Supreme Lord is pure spiritual form, transcendental to all material qualities, yet for the sake of the creation of the material world and its maintenance and annihilation, He accepts through His external energy the material modes of nature called goodness, passion and ignorance.

SB 2.5.19: These three modes of material nature, being further manifested as matter, knowledge and activities, put the eternally transcendental living entity under conditions of cause and effect and make him responsible for such activities.

SB 2.5.20: O Brahmana Narada, the Superseer, the transcendent Lord, is beyond the perception of the material senses of the living entities because of the above-mentioned three modes of nature. But He is the controller of everyone, including me.

SB 2.5.21: The Lord, who is the controller of all energies, thus creates, by His own potency, eternal time, the fate of all living entities, and their particular nature, for which they were created, and He again merges them independently.

Guest guest

The Gnostic Christians taught that the God of the Jews (Jehovah) was a mad demigod, who was maddened by his power and position; and blinded by his Egoism, he thought himself to be the Most High, even though he was just an Astral Lord.

The Gnostics rejected all the wrathful blabberings of the Old Testament god, as the ravings of the Demiurge and his associates the archons.. In Gnosticism, the serpent in the garden is sent by Sophia (goddess of Wisdom) to help enlighten man from ignorance.

It's interesting in every religion the Serpent is venerated, including the Vedic religion, but the Christians have demonized the Serpent of Wisdom, and called him Satan.. hmm.

Guest guest

excellent post.