IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why Lord Rama worshiped Siva - linga?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

hare krsna,

Yesterday i visited a Lord Rama's temple and it was quite interesting to see a picture which was crafted on a wall. it was beautiful . it shows Lord Rama doing abishekam/pooja for a Shiva linga. while on its top left i saw Hanuman flying with another shiva linga held in his hand. Next to Lord Rama , Mother Sita was standing and observing the pooja.

Could anyone explain to me why Lord Rama is worshipping Siva linga since He Himself is the Avatar of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna?

haribol,

neo

Guest guest

The Lord is so merciful and compasionate that he honors his devotees.

kindly elaborate more.im so much interested to know the story behind this.

neo

Guest guest

it sounds like you're trying to insinuate Shiva is supreme, but he's not! KRISHNA IS SUPREME!

Hare Krishna

pls dont make wrong assumption. That's not my question.

Guest guest

Baby Krishna also carries his father's shoes on his head, and Krishna became the servant of Arjuna as his chariot driver. Bhagavan gets joy by serving his devotees.

thank you. but what is the purpose of Lord Rama serving /worshipping Siva linga in Ramayana at that moment?

I think that the demon that Lord Rama was fighting [Ravana] was a servant of Lord Shiva - so Lord Rama was doing [as part of His Lila i.e.: Eternal Pastimes or 'Sport'] the puja to please Lord Shiva that He [shiva] might not regard the [not so sweet] prayers of Ravana [to defeat Lord Rama and the 'monkey army'].

As the Supreme Person Sri Rama wasn't exactly 'worshipping' Lord Shiva - in the sense that we might 'worship' - a greater being.

Also as noted - the Lord seeks pleasures in serving His servants.

Guest guest

I think that the demon that Lord Rama was fighting [Ravana] was a servant of Lord Shiva - so Lord Rama was doing [as part of His Lila i.e.: Eternal Pastimes or 'Sport'] the puja to please Lord Shiva that He [shiva] might not regard the [not so sweet] prayers of Ravana [to defeat Lord Rama and the 'monkey army'].

As the Supreme Person Sri Rama wasn't exactly 'worshipping' Lord Shiva - in the sense that we might 'worship' - a greater being.

Also as noted - the Lord seeks pleasures in serving His servants.

thank you

Guest guest

If your father builds one big house and gives you one room where you should live in, definitely your father should knock your door and take your permission to enter your private room. Lord Vishnu is preserver of Dharma and He Himself can not break this which He has allocated to Lord Shiva in His form to look after.

This earth is ruled by Shiva and He maintains all daily law and orders in this earth. To enter into His zone and to kill Ravana like demon who is again devotee of Lord Shiva, Vishnu needs His permission as per law of Dharma.

Guest guest

If your father builds one big house and gives you one room where you should live in, definitely your father should knock your door and take your permission to enter your private room. Lord Vishnu is preserver of Dharma and He Himself can not break this which He has allocated to Lord Shiva in His form to look after.

This earth is ruled by Shiva and He maintains all daily law and orders in this earth. To enter into His zone and to kill Ravana like demon who is again devotee of Lord Shiva, Vishnu needs His permission as per law of Dharma.

thank you prabhu........

neo

This also shows the magnanimity of the Lord. The Lord is fully renounced and is Bhaktavatsala. During Kurukshetra war the Lord was the charioteer of Arjuna. Being a charioteer in a war is not a joke. He would be kicked by the fighter to indicate the direction the chariot has to move in. The Lord would also become a menial servant of his devotees. He is purchased only by the love of His devotees.

Guest guest

This also shows the magnanimity of the Lord. The Lord is fully renounced and is Bhaktavatsala. During Kurukshetra war the Lord was the charioteer of Arjuna. Being a charioteer in a war is not a joke. He would be kicked by the fighter to indicate the direction the chariot has to move in. The Lord would also become a menial servant of his devotees. He is purchased only by the love of His devotees.

I WONDER WHY ISKONITES GIVE ONLY ILLOGICAL ANSWERS PROVING THEIR FANATICISM..ON 1 SIDE THEY SAY ALL PURANAS STATE KRISHNA IS SUPREME WHICH IS UTTERLY WRONG WHEN 10 OF 18 PURANAS STATE SIVA IS SUPREME,THEY SAY SIVA IS A DEVOTEE OF KRISHNA THOUGH VISHNU APPROACHED SIVA FOR PROTECTION FROM HALAHALA AND RAMA WORSHIPPED SIVA AND KRISHNA TOLD PANDAVAS TO BUILD KEDARNATH TEMPLE....ALL THEY QUOTE IS FROM BHAGAVATAM..THEY ARE THE MOST DIMWITTED CREATURES WHO BLINDLY BELIEVE WHATEVER TRASH THEIR GURUMAHARAJAS POUR IN THEIR HEADS.I GUESS SENSE AND SENSIBILTY HAS NO PLACE IN THEIR HEADS...KRISHNA WAS LURED BY MAYA WHEN A KING WITH HIS POWERS MADE A HEAD OF VASUDEVA AND KRISHNA WEEPED LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN THINKING THAT HIS FATHER WAS KILLED.. ISKON SHAMELESSLY SAYS SKANDA WAS BORN OF LUST B/W SIVA AND PARVATI BUT THEY DONT SAY THE SAME WHEN KRISHNA MARRIED 16000 WOMEN AND BRED THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN......IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN SVETASVATARA UPANISHAD AND RUDRAHRIDAYA OF KRISHNA YAJURVEDA THAT THE SUPREME IS KRISHNA,,,YET THESE MORONS QUOTE FROM BRAHMASAMHITA WHICH IS NEITHER A PURANA NOR UPANISHAD BUT A SCIPTURE OBTAINED FROM 1 SINGLE ADIKESAVA TEMPLE...THEY CALL OTHERS FANATICS WHERE ACTUALLY THEY ARE LUNATICS

Guest guest

I WONDER WHY ISKONITES GIVE ONLY ILLOGICAL ANSWERS PROVING THEIR FANATICISM..ON 1 SIDE THEY SAY ALL PURANAS STATE KRISHNA IS SUPREME WHICH IS UTTERLY WRONG WHEN 10 OF 18 PURANAS STATE SIVA IS SUPREME,THEY SAY SIVA IS A DEVOTEE OF KRISHNA THOUGH VISHNU APPROACHED SIVA FOR PROTECTION FROM HALAHALA AND RAMA WORSHIPPED SIVA AND KRISHNA TOLD PANDAVAS TO BUILD KEDARNATH TEMPLE....ALL THEY QUOTE IS FROM BHAGAVATAM..THEY ARE THE MOST DIMWITTED CREATURES WHO BLINDLY BELIEVE WHATEVER TRASH THEIR GURUMAHARAJAS POUR IN THEIR HEADS.I GUESS SENSE AND SENSIBILTY HAS NO PLACE IN THEIR HEADS...KRISHNA WAS LURED BY MAYA WHEN A KING WITH HIS POWERS MADE A HEAD OF VASUDEVA AND KRISHNA WEEPED LIKE A NORMAL HUMAN THINKING THAT HIS FATHER WAS KILLED.. ISKON SHAMELESSLY SAYS SKANDA WAS BORN OF LUST B/W SIVA AND PARVATI BUT THEY DONT SAY THE SAME WHEN KRISHNA MARRIED 16000 WOMEN AND BRED THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN......IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN SVETASVATARA UPANISHAD AND RUDRAHRIDAYA OF KRISHNA YAJURVEDA THAT THE SUPREME IS SHIVA,YET THESE MORONS QUOTE FROM BRAHMASAMHITA WHICH IS NEITHER A PURANA NOR UPANISHAD BUT A SCIPTURE OBTAINED FROM 1 SINGLE ADIKESAVA TEMPLE...THEY CALL OTHERS FANATICS WHERE ACTUALLY THEY ARE LUNATICS