IndiaDivine.org

I will cast aside all troubles by diving into the lake of Lord Hari & drink freely...

Rate this topic

krsna

<!-- end .post-top --><!-- the main section of the post goes here -->SHfiltered.jpg

The desert of material existence has exhausted me. But today I will cast aside all troubles by diving into the lake of Lord Hari and drinking freely of the abundant water of His splendor. The lotuses in that lake are His hands and feet, and the fish are His brilliant shining eyes. That lake’s water relieves all fatigue and is agitated by the waves His arms create. Its current flows deep beyond fathoming.

O mind, please never stop taking pleasure in thinking of the Mura demon’s destroyer, who has lotus eyes and bears the conch and disc weapons. Indeed, I know of nothing else that gives such extreme pleasure as meditating on Lord Hari’s divine feet.

O foolish mind, stop your fearful fretting about the extensive torments dealt out by Yamaraja. How can your enemies, the sinful reactions you have accrued, even touch you? After all, is your master not the Supreme Lord, the husband of goddess Sri? Cast aside all hesitation and concentrate your thoughts on Lord Narayana, whom one very easily attains through devotional service. What can that dispeller of the whole world’s troubles not do for His own servant?

Mukunda-mala Stotra of Sri Kulashekara Alvar