IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

I got possessed by Mataji

Rate this topic

Dear Kishan,

I had a strange dream a few days back, whereby at a function where someone was 'invoking mataji' or 'mataji ne terawe' (if you're Gujarati - you'll understand!), when the 'Bhui' or 'possessed' was taking questions from the devotees, my wife went up to the 'Mataji' and screamed when she heard what the 'Mataji' had told her. Evidently she was told that something bad would happen to either myself or our son, if I did not offer the 'Mataji' some prashad covered in gold leaf(?) and some mithai?

I thought nothing of this, but the very next day, we had a call from a relation I had not heard from for several years, to say that we were all invited to a religious function involving 'Mataji Ne Terawo' of the Randal Maa and Aashapur Maa (our family deity)?... Can you please tell me what this means, and whether you can help me in this. I ahve prepeared some offerings for this function, but can I just give this at any temple, or should I do this at the actual function of my relations? And I sincerelyy hope that it's nothing bad...

Kind regards... and Jai Mataji.

Well id like to share my experience with you all...Some of you might not even believe me, some of you might but im really desperate to find a person who has had this experience before...so i feel that I must write this:

It seems that words wouldnt be able to describe that feeling of exactly how I felt,It was a lifetime experience which ive never had before. I dont even know what this means and why it exactly happened.

I got seated one morning in my puja room to do my daily routine puja as i normally do. Lit a diya, did some incense and sat down doing my meditation infront. I was concentrating on my agya chakra as I usually do. But today was a unusual site that I saw...there was more light coming in to my mind like never before, It was so bright that It felt amazing. within mintues i felt a shiver go up my spine..it was vibrating from my head to my navel...the next thing i realise that i was shaking and shivering, my body felt really heavy....i didnt exactly know what was happening to me....but i was really enjoying it.i started shaking and shivering more and more as time went by my body felt so heavy as if some energy i begun to feel heavier and heavier as if my body was getting loaded

.................to be honest thats all i can rememeber. The next thing i remember is my sister coming upstairs wiith a glass of water ...She said that she heard some loud screams....when she came upstairs in my room i was basically shaking and rocking with my hands joint, i had my eyes wide open yet i cudnt see that to myself happening......

Hello please. I am quite grown up already but sadly have no knwoledge on this. Can you please please teach me how to meditate and pray.... wanna make something out of my life.

thank you very very much.

Vanakkam, Namaste and Good Evening everyone,

My name is trivendran and i am from South Africa. I am 27 years old born as a Tamil in South Africa. To help everyone understand what is a trance and the reason behind it...... i will gladly explain.

Many years ago when Maha Shiva and Shakthi were sitting in the Himalaya's, thousands of people cried out for help in their pain and sufferings in the world. Brahma being the creator approached vishnu the preserver about aiding the humans through their sufferings. Vishnu in reply said we should ask guidance from Shiva as he is considered to be the deity that destroys the pain and suffering and evil tendencies. So when Shiva was approached, he humbly replied that by posing a question to the two deities and their consoles. Who is the one that would mostly aid a child when sick? The answer was given the mother of that child so like wise Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma therefore called Adhi Parasakthi the devine mother of the Universe also known as Jagan Mataa.

When She was called the question was asked on how to help the humans from Suffering, She replied that the two deities Vishnu and Shiva together with their consoles as well as mother Saraswathi would each send a small portion of their power to people whom they have chosen would do the work for them. As this was agreed by the deities together with Mother Adi Shakthi, they each sent their power to heal, remove obstacles and cure those from sickness and ill health. This is how the trance state came about. The deities could all be at one place at one time e.g when thousands of people are calling mother shakthi at once, how would she reveal herself all at the same time to thousands of people, therefore she gave here power to people who would carry out the function of healing, destroying evil when possessed or providing guidance to those who seek it.

Now when i go into a trance, I get the mother mariamman, This is happening for last 11 years of my life. Their is only one way when this comes and that through the pambai udukkai songs during Amman prayers in the months of July till August. When i do my amman prayers at home, i would play the pambai uddukkai songs and she will come through me. Basically the power that was given from her to me enters my body and takes over. I don't know what i do and when i do things in my trance. My mother tells me after the prayer is done and the mother mariamman leaves on what she has done during the prayer. here is an e.g. I suffer with my legs, i get sever pain when i stand to long and therefore i have to sit in my normal state but when i go into a trance, I apparently dance, jump and scream throughout the prayer, tumeric powder is rubbed all over my face, a red kumgum dot is on my forehead. The mother blesses those individuals that need her healing in that time.

My first experience was i felt very energized and could wash 1000 plates at a time. I had never experience something of this nature beforehand. It happen when my cousin got engaged in 2001 at my aunts house when they did a small prayer for my granny cousin who was ill. They called someone to get trance and bless her. The lady had the mother kali trance and my aunt said i should go for blessing. When i went, i was scared and when she placed her thumb on my forehead that was the last thing i remembered after that a complete blank. My mother said i went into a trance, my shirt was off and covered in tumeric water.

Thanks

Trivendran

I FEEL THAT U SHOULD NOT GET SHAME OR SHY OF IT :D COZ WHAT U HAD IS CALLED AS """dhunvu""" MEANING U GOT MATAJI & WHEN EVER U DO HAVAN & OFFER COCONUT TO IT DURING THAT TIME DEVI MAA (MATAJI) COMES TO U & IT MEANS THAT U R VERY HOLY & PURE SOUL ..... VRY NICE JAI MATAJI

Hi,

I am 24 years old.Similar strange thing happened to me few days before.I worship durga maa regularly so I went to a durga devi temple in the evening as usual.

After i finished praying it was aarti time. So i decided to attend it and then leave.

During the aarti was going on i realised that as the bell and dholaki played i felt few shiverings in my body and also my breathing increased for some time.I felt like my body will move.I have never felt this before. I am really scared that did i get possessed with mata? How do i come to know if i am possessed?

Is this what how people get possessed for the first time?

Does anyone came accross this situation anytime.I am scared please help me or suggest me how can i find out why it happened? I get scared to see people in temples when they are possessed and dont want myself in that place.

Now i am scared to visit durga maa temple.

Hi Bhavani,

Nilima here. Even i faced this kind of issue once few days before and i am scared that will i get possessed? What is the current situation for you now?

Do you get mata in you? whenever the aarti goes on i feel like i shiver and maata will play in my body. Can someone help me what is happening to me?

Hi,

I am Nilima 24yrs old. i have durga mata temple near my house and evry friday i go there in the evening around 7pm.

Since last 2 month i feel i shiver when i stand for aarti in the temple and also breath heavily. Can anyone please suggest me if i am getting possessed by mata. Please suggest what is happening to me. if i want to get completely possessed what should be done. I will love mata coming to me.

Thanks in advance.

I am looking for some answers so if anybody could help it wud be greatly appreciated. I am a male who is 24 years old and hear is my story. Today I sat down to do my prayer to ambe maa and all of sudden I my head and body started feeling really heavy and relaxed. My body started to shiver a little bit and before I knew it I felt like I was having an out of body experience but I kind of knew what was going on and I kind of didn't. Then I opened my eyes and things seemed different , I looked at the photo of ambe maa and looked into her eyes and the crown on her head was so radiant , the picture looked like it was stretching and ambe maa was moving. Can somebody please help me and tell me what this means, this is the first time it has happened. I have always had strong faith in Mata ji but recentwly started doing proper pooja like 7 months ago becuz I use to have a drinking problem but have turned my life around and put my life in ambe maa hands. Anybody please help tell me what this means, like some people I didn't start screaming or anything. Thank you

Hi I am 24 yearsof age and I I am a male. Here is my story. I sat down to do my puja a couple of days ago I closed my eyes and a few moments later my head and body started feeling really heavy and started shivering a little bit, I felt like I was only in control of 50% of my body but I didn't start screaming like iv read happens to most people. I then slowly opened ny eyes and my vision was different more vibrant. I stared into the eyes of ambe maa photo the picture was kind of dancing and stretching my surroundings were like a dream the only thing clear was ambe maa photo. If anybody could help me and tell me what this means I would greatly appreciate it. I also had another incident before this were evrybody was just sitting around talking and I got up to talk to somebody and all sudden I started shaking and screaming atleast that's what I was told by everybody, I can't remeber what happened in those 15 seconds. Everybody says Mata ji only comes during aarti or garba etc. Only thing special about that day was we had a big ceremony because we were moving Mata ji to a new mandir that we had built. If anybody can please help tell me what any of these instances mean it would be most help full.

Thank you,