IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Fwd: Timing and Padre Pio

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Uttara <muttaraphalguni > wrote:  Mon, 5 Jun 2006 13:02:00 -0700 (PDT)

Uttara <muttaraphalguni >

Timing and Padre Pio

jyotish-vidya

Dear Krishna, Wendy, Balaji, Rui, Patrice and All Learned Members,

I have been reading all the posts with great interest concerning the timing issue regarding Padre Pio's natal chart.  Since it was I who made the mistake in the first post with a Virgo ASC I have to admit that I have not been comfortable with the placement of the Asc since then.  At first, I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it was obviously apparent that Virgo ASC just didn't support the Padre's life events.  Then the degree issue of Libra and its nakshatra star lord differing from Chitra to Swati etc..

Wendy, you referenced Doris Chase Doane books for LMT in 1887 vs Meridian Standard Time and I have no doubt about its author''s authenticity or yours.  But,  something seemed off and there seem to be still a question about Time Zones.   Because my doubt was driving me crazy, I took the matter into further research. .  Especially, when we have been noticing more and more lately with older charts and foreign ones too  that Time and Time Zones can be different than what is in reality.

So for my own sanity and knowledge, I have taken several hours to research and in fact scoured the Internet for more information and have poured over my ancient maps, atlases and almanacs to see if there was something to the Timing issue.  Especially, since Astrodatabank reported a correction of using LMT instead of GMT.

I think I have come to a reasonable compromise that might just be agreeable for everyone.  If you bear with me, I have outlined it in the following.

First of all, I have noticed with the Vedic software programs I have and that others use, that there can be a wide difference (or even a small difference) in the calculations used for casting a natal chart.  Sometimes the degrees of Asc can be slightly off or greatly off, placing the Asc in another house completely.  Not to mention disturbing the placement or Nakshatra lords of other planets.  I have found though, that the  updated and newer Vedic software have  (or at least the reputable ones) the most recent mathematical computations from the Jet pulpulsion Laboratory that NASA relies on.  The atomic clock used for  Universal Time at  180* meridian

Standard is not only used by NASA but by other agencies to keep time.. It has been installed and kept updated in a few new or updated Vedic software for the constant changing of the meridian change of rotation and leap seconds each year.   The sidereal ephemeris used by Betz and the Swiss ephemeris are two that I favor.

Even so, not to take anything at true face value when there is doubt, I find for me that cross referencing and researching the matter to be objective to my understanding and comfort level.

The most baffling of researches was not to find anything that supported the 1893 passage and acceptance of the Standard Meridian Time.  I couldn't find a thing!  Not one thing. Yikes.  However, this is what I did find.  1840 was the first year that used a Naval Standard Meridian Time for shipping. Then the railroads.  1880 the British Empire was the first to implement a Standard Meridian for daily use across all matters.  1883 a proposal was made by the United States to use a Meridian Standard Time for not only railroads, shipping, daily use for all ,but also to create 24 Time Zones worldwide for business and communication.  1884 at the International Meridian Conference this was enacted world wide.

Also, I found that in reality there were small segments of countries or countries that did not recognize the legal GMT right a way.  It was not until 1929 that all countries and regions worldwide  accepted the legal use of GMT.  So, in the meantime, since 1884, clocks were made for those countries or regions who did not accept GMT and wanted to keep LMT, to have two second hands on the face of their clocks.  One was for GMT and the other for LMT.

I also found that in some countries and regions the difference between LMT and GMT was great.  However, like in the small city of Pietrilcina, Italy it was a very small difference.

LMT is noted correctly being 0:59 East if one were to calculate using Betz or Swiss ephemeris.  0:54 East if using another calculation for ephemeris.  This small difference creates a difference of two degrees in the Libra Asc which changes the Nakshatra star Lord from 5* Chitra/Ma to 7* Swati/Rahu

However,  GMT was legally in effect for Pietrilcina, Italy since 1884 ,thereby making its GMT Standard Time +1:00:00 (CET)East of GMT.  CET means Central Europe Time.  CEDT means Central Europe Daylight Time, which was not enacted until 1918.

Here is the good news.  Because the difference in LMT and GMT is so slight, if one were to put into the software computer the standard time of GMT +1.00 East  it is almost the same accept for a few second movements as if one were putting in the LMT used by the Swiss or Betz ephemeris. 

Please don't get confused and double check to make sure your computer software program is not automatically putting in +2.00  (Daylight Summer Time) giving a 23* Virgo ASC or 0.83, which is also incorrect and will give a 7* Libra - Swati/Ra

I have included below  a few links for further reading for those interested and I would also like to note that in the Links Table of the Jyotish-Vidya forum there are two folders that comprehensively cover the subjects of World Time Zone, History of Time, Meridian Standard Time, Universal Time and Daylight Savings Time across the globe; not to forget GMT vs LMT..

Here I humbly put forward what I think is acceptable for the Timing of the Padre's Natal chart.

Padre Pio

25 May 1887

16:10  (1:00:00 CET)  East of GMT

14 E  51' 00  -  41 N 12' 00'

Pietrilcina, Italy

Wednesday

Sun Rise: 04:39:13

Full Moon:  May 22nd

(CET) means Central Standard European Time - no daylight savings.

Nearest Town:  Benevento, Italy  (Southern Italy)

Lahiri:  ASC 5* Libra 26' 30.98"   Chitra/Mars

Vimshottari Dasa:  Ra Me Ra Sa

Navamsa Lagna:  Scorpio with Jupiter

Death:  23 Sept 1968

02:30

CET  26* Cancer - Ashlesha/Me

or

CEDT  (daylight Savings)  15*Cancer - Pushya/Sa

Dasa:  Ve Sa Ke Mo

The only thing I couldn't change or compromise on was the Nakshatra star lord from Chitra/Ma to Swati/Ra.  But, I feel the Chitra/Ma works well and reinforces the 6/8 house position from the Asc Libra/Ve to Taurus/Ve with conjunct Ma 4* (star lord Su) and wide orb combust Sun 11* (star lord Mo) and Mercury 9* (star lord Su). Also,  Mars 4* (star lord Su) aspects 4th house Leo/Su with Rahu 0*(star lord Ketu).  Also Taurus/Ve is  12th and 2nd from Gemini/Me  with Mo 13* (star lord Ra), Ve 21* (star lord Ju) and Sa 27* (star Lord Ju).  Ju (rt.) 4* Libra (star lord Ma) is ruler of third house of communication and natural ninth hse of spiritual, teaching, Dharma Sag. and 6th hse of health and enimity and natural 12th hse of loss and renunciation Pisces. etc.

A few References  are below.  I hope my findings are helpful and plausible to everyone.  

Comments anyone?

As Always,

Uttara

Tired of spam?  Mail has the best spam protection around