IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Two Kinds of Rascals

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Prabhupada: What is the use in producing some rascal guru?

ras·cal

1. One that is playfully mischievous.

2. An unscrupulous, dishonest person; a scoundrel.

Krishna is also known to be a rascal.

He is playfully mischievous.

That is NOT the kind of rascal that Srila Prabhupad is referring to.

Srila Prabhupada is referring to:

2. An unscrupulous, dishonest person; a scoundrel.

We have seen many such scoundrels posing as ISKCON gurus.

Was this what Srila Prabhupada expected?

Didn't he do anything to protect his society from these kinds of scoundrels?

If not, then WHY NOT?

Did Srila Prabhupada abandon his movement into the arms of all these scoundrels without check?

Hardly.

Guest guest

and your point is?

I am asking if Prabhupada might have envisioned such rascal gurus coming up in ISKCON causing him to take some extraordinary measures to protect ISKCON from these rascals?

Did Srila Prabhupada abandon his movement into the arms of all these scoundrels without check?

Hardly.

i think he abandoned it in the arms of Krsna. So whatever rascals come and go, KRsna bhakti due to the grace of Srila Prabhupada will always prevail in ISKCON.

Guest guest

Armed with all the quotes we have seen from Srila Prabhupada about becoming guru, ISKCON has now become a RASCAL GURU FACTORY where rascal gurus are being mass produced on the GBC assemply line.

Somehow, I just don't think that this is what Srila Prabhupada wanted for ISKCON.

Armed with all the quotes we have seen from Srila Prabhupada about becoming guru, ISKCON has now become a RASCAL GURU FACTORY where rascal gurus are being mass produced on the GBC assemply line.

Somehow, I just don't think that this is what Srila Prabhupada wanted for ISKCON.

:eek3: whoaaa, there, soldier... where did THAT come from?! Slow down... i'm not in ISKCON myself but there are many Swamis that i have met that really genuinly are good Vaishanavs (in my opinion) and do not seem to have any hidden agendas at all. There is one particular maharaj at my local temple who is totally connected with the visiting devotees and very down-to-earth.

This dosn't mean to say there are some dodgy ones around, but we can't blanket-ban the entire organisation because of a corrupt few.

This dosn't mean to say there are some dodgy ones around, but we can't blanket-ban the entire organisation because of a corrupt few.
You are right Gaea. Blanket criticism of the whole organization would mean offense to the sincere one's inside the same oraganization. Prabhupada had the vision for 10,000 years. May be the future will see more powerful people descend to preach and carry forward Srila Prabhupada's glorious movement. And when they do, all the misgivings of the present generation will be crushed to powder and washed off. I remember as Prabhupada himself said, "the third generation will fly on carpets". Let them fly on carpets and preach harinama and glorify Prabhupada.

Guest guest

Wrong. It appears that way to you because you prefer to see it that way. The fly is always around rotten things. Doesn't mean there isn't sweet nectar in this world. He just isn't looking for it.

Look carefully and you will see that Srila Prabhupada did indeed produce many pure devotees of Krishna within this movement. You're very deluded if you think there are absolutely no qualified Gurus in ISKCON.

Guest guest

why do ISKCONites always use the word "rascal"? no one uses this word anymore. Srila Prabhupada lived in the 60/70s when this word was used more; but now its 2006.

There is no need to always talk like Prabhupada and use words like "lusty", "homosex", "bogus", "rascals", and so on. You can make the same points using contemporary words. It makes you sound like clones when you all use the same outdated words.

why do ISKCONites always use the word "rascal"? no one uses this word anymore. Srila Prabhupada lived in the 60/70s when this word was used more; but now its 2006.

There is no need to always talk like Prabhupada and use words like "lusty", "homosex", "bogus", "rascals", and so on. You can make the same points using contemporary words. It makes you sound like clones when you all use the same outdated words.

Everyone get out your shiny shoes and best attire, make sure you washed behind the ears, here comes His or Her Grace the High Lord of Muckity Muck with the white glove test.

Are the words you speak "contemporary" enough, or do you use words that "no one" uses anymore?

I wonder why Lord Muckity Muck even bothers with a "no-one"

Perhaps there is "no-one" else who will listen to Lord Muckity Muck in the world outside, so our Lordship must find a captive audience in cyberspace to attempt to Rule over.

How blessed are we??

All Glories to the Grand Muckster Huckster, Lord of the Muck.

Guest guest

If I could be a clone of Srila Prabhupada that would be the perfection of life.

"A rascal by any other name is still a rascal"

Why change that which is already perfect?

Guest guest

If I could be a clone of Srila Prabhupada that would be the perfection of life.

"A rascal by any other name is still a rascal"

Why change that which is already perfect?

if it works for you, that's "Swell". I'm totally Peachy Keen with the Hare Krishna ebonics. I mean, nothing gives you real devotee street-cred like when you can drop terms like "stool" and "rascal" to blow away a mayavidi argument.

Easy there Lord Mucky,

Don't blow a fuse,

Don't get your Knickers in a twist,

Don't get your Panties in a bunch,

Don't pop a cork.

AFTER ALL

If it is not broken, why "fix" it

There is nothing new under the sun.

Unless you want people to forget the past and look to You as what is hot and new and fresh and oh so Nuevo Risky and frisky.

Yawn.