IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
twinkle09

i need help

Rate this topic

Hi everyone,

Im a new member here.

I just printed out the mantras online, and I was wondering if any of you guys can help me out pronouncing the mantras.

I still cant pronounce them even though they are written in English.It'd be cool if i can get the audio file of mantras.I found a couple of audio websites online but they're unclear.

Thanks

Guest guest

Twinkle, which mantra's are you referring to. Is it the Hare Krsna Mahamantra and Panca Tattva Mantra, or some other mantras. Please clarify and I am sure some kind devotees will teach you or guide you to some audio files.

Guest guest

If you are referring to the Mahamantra, the words are:

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna

Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hare is pronounced like - Hah Ray

Krsna is pronounced like - Krish (like dish) Na

Rama is pronounced like - Rah Ma (like ma for mother)

Twinkle, which mantra's are you referring to. Is it the Hare Krsna Mahamantra and Panca Tattva Mantra, or some other mantras. Please clarify and I am sure some kind devotees will teach you or guide you to some audio files.

Hi Guest,

The followings are the mantras that i wannna know how to pronounce.

Om Sri Maha Ganapataye Namah

Om Namah Sivaya

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

Om Aim Saraswatyai Namah

Om Kleem Krishnaya Namah

There are still some more...

Thank you

The link below (Kingdom of God) has pictures which when clicked will recite two basic mantras. That Hare Krishna mantra is recommended in the Upanishads and is likely the most famous of all mantras.

Radhe Krishna,

Chant

"Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare"

In the age of Kali, there is nothing more effective than this.

for chanting Hare krishna, you need not bather about even pronounciation mistakes. God loves the fact that you need him. He does not bather about pronounciation mistake in this regard with "Hare Rama ... .... Hare Krishna"

Radhe Krishna

Guest guest

If God doesnt mind wrong pronouniciation of "Hare Krishna..", would He mind if we invoke Him with any other mantra? (assuming that the other mantra is a wrong pronounciation)

And, does God want us to get closer to Him by anymeans or does He want us to get close only by chanting the MahaMantra?

How will people who do not know the Mantra be uplifted? Do we leave them (almost 99% or more) of the population to their Karmic fruits?

Please do not mistake me to be an atheist / anti-ISKCON guy. I am a Krishna devotee as much as I am a devotee of few more Gods according to Hindu Philosophy. I am sure Krishna saves.. but we should realize that it is ONE GOD who saves - Due to His infinite Grace, He comes in the form as requested by His devotee. How will a devotee who has not heard of Krishna, say in central africa be saved? Will God say He doesnt call me by name 'Krishna', so I'll not reach to Him?

I have always found to confine Lord, the Absolute epitome of Grace and Mercy to be confined to a single name or form to be unacceptable.

So, let 'twinkle' invoke the Lord with 'Om Gam Ganapathaye Namaha' or 'Om Namah Shivaya' or 'Hare Krishna..'. We must be happy that someone is going towards God.

I remain

Sriram

Guest guest

The link below (Kingdom of God) has pictures which when clicked will recite two basic mantras. That Hare Krishna mantra is recommended in the Upanishads and is likely the most famous of all mantras.

Where in Upanishads is it recommended? (Can you point me to DIRECT location and not use 3rd level of inference?)

Sriram

Hey guys,

thanks for the link and suggestion.well, im trying my best to improve my pronounciation :) ...i am actually Buddhist, but somehow i start believing in Hindu gods...and now, i go to the temple everyweek and pray to them.

I'll ask u guys if i cant pronounce something....thanks for the help!i really appreciate it...;)

Radhe Krishna,

Dear guest at #11, cool,

"Hare Rama Hare Rama

Hare Krishna Hare Krishna ... ... Hare Hare"

is recommended in Kali sandhaarana Upanishad.

I dont understand as to why it is classified as manthra or Maha manthra.

Manthra is defined in shaasthraas as "Mananath thrayathe ithi manthraha"

Whereas with out any doubt one can say that in the age of kali,

"Hare Rama ... ... ... Hare" is the most powerful bhagawannama, the logic of terming it as manthra, could not be understand although Bhagawannama is not at all less than any powerful manthra.

Radhe krishna

hey guys,

Can u tell me how to pronounce the followings?

OM HRIM KRIM HUM SHRIM

Ityuktaa Saa Tadaa Devi Gambhir Antah Smritaa Jagat Durga Bhagwati Bhadra Yayedam Dhaaryate Jagat

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

Thank you very much!:)

Dear friend,

You want to pronounce the mantras isn't it? During your next visit to the temple, ask the temple priest to do it. It will help you very much.

You want to know which is the effective mantra? Undoubtedly, it is Om Sri Mahaaganapathaye Namahaa. Ok? Please try now and come back and comment on your experience.