IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
royalphillie

Krishna Questions

Rate this topic

Namaste,

Recently I have had my interest in Krishna sparked. I own the Bhagavad Gita As it is, and it is very enlightening. I have also downloaded all the PDF's off of Krishna.com. What are the basic practices of ISKCON/Hare Krishna? I am only into Chapter 4 in the Gita, so I haven't come across these as of yet (unless I missed something?) By basic practices I'm referring to prasadam, puja, jappa, etc. Is it possible to honor and worship Krishna without being a member or initiate of ISKCON? Is Gauda Vashnavism part of Sanatana Dharma? I know this is a lot of questions, but they all came to me all of a sudden. I'll probably have more in the future. :)

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

royalphillie

Is it possible to honor and worship Krishna without being a member or initiate of ISKCON? quote royalphillie

Yes.

There are many diverse institutions and even Guru's who are not in any institution. Search sincerely. Regarding choice of institution or body of devotees:decide whether Iskcon or another institution (or gathering of devotees), can best assist and nurture your spiritual well being. This is a good rule of thumb in guiding your choice.

Radhe Krishna,

Well guided bija.

Guru is there where there is knowledge and peace.

Guru is not there where there are expectations of money.

Sanaathana dharma is a big very very big tree which is embraced by so many sampradaayas. Undoubtedly gaudiya sampradaaya is a branch of sanaathana dharma.

As per the traditional system in sanaathana dharma, initiation from a guru is always encouraged since a person at a higher platform could give proper guidance to a person at a lower platform.

Radhe Krishna

Guest guest

Hare Krishna!

In the Gita , Supreme Lord said: give up all worshiping and only give yourself to me and i personaly will guide you to otherside...

i personaly suggest you to study the Gita very carefully and manytimes

read more vedas books,the knowledge of these books are Lord Himself

and try to visit some Krishna Ashrams, Iskcon is alright, you will se devotes and how they live, speak , what service they do for other living beeings and for Supreme Lord...its really good

its on you what yu want :)

D.