IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Invitational argument

Rate this topic

It may be that the author's tone is as significant as the essay's subject. Tripurari Maharaja's essay may be an example of what communication scholars have come to call "invitational argument." Such a rhetorical approach is concerned less with dominance than with inviting interlocutors into a conversation based on mutual regard and exploration.

This a quote from an article written by Babhru now appearing on Chakra. (Why not post it here as well Babhru?)

I want to learn more about this 'invitational argument' as I struggle to get beyond my deep rooted tendancy to be dismissive of others thoughts and confrontational when presenting my own. It is a new and appealing thing to me.

Hopefully Babhru will drop some knowledge in regard to invitational argument. How 'bout it bro.?

Hare Krsna

Babhru, please. I would very much like to develop my communication skills also. I desperately need to. It would be nice to get better in this area, so I can express deeper appreciation toward this fellowship and it's members. I plan on sticking around for some time!