IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

MILK vs EGG

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hare Krishna,

Can U Pls Tell Me Y Eggs R Not To B Consumed?

N Y Milk Is 2 B Consumed.

I Guess Both Shud Not B Consumed.

Y?

Coz Milk Is Given By A Cow For Her Baby

N We Take It Away 4m Her.

N Egg We Take It From Hen

So Pls Explain Me In Deatil

Hari Bol

Guest guest

HARE KRISHNA

you are rright.

even i think dis many times.

we should not consume milk.

jai

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

Prabhu

What Do U Mean Egg Is Tamogun N Milk Is Rajogun

What Do U Mean?

Y Egg Is Tamo

N Milk Is Rajo

Egg N Milk Is D Same

Guest guest

Hare Krishna

Prabhu

What Do U Mean Egg Is Tamogun N Milk Is Rajogun

What Do U Mean?

Y Egg Is Tamo

N Milk Is Rajo

Egg N Milk Is D Same

eggs are considered to be a part of the hens menstruation cycle like a womans egg, u dont eat that do u? milk is sattva and not rajo, u read wrong

Hare Krishna,

Can U Pls Tell Me Y Eggs R Not To B Consumed?

N Y Milk Is 2 B Consumed.

I Guess Both Shud Not B Consumed.

Y?

So Pls Explain Me In Deatil

Hari Bol

As Govinda_das has said, eggs are associated with the hens' menstruation just like women. Also most of the time the egg's shell would have some stool on it with uninviting smell.

When the egg is delivered by the hen, some people say that the hen experience pain may be not like when a woman delivers, but still pain is there.

Some people consider eggs as molten flesh. If fertilisation occured, these eggs are potential life carrier.

Thats roughly why it is not nice to offer eggs as food to the supreme.

The cow has PLENTY of milk for our consumption and her baby. There is NO question of taking away milk from the cow to the disadvantage of the baby cow. I have been living near people who do raise cows and the point you have raised is definitely not an issue.

Industrialised milk production could be another history.

Another very good reason not to consume eggs.

If you are someone who is more towards scriptures, then the TOP MOST reason why not consume eggs but milk is because it is clearly mentioned in the Gita.

Milk is in the goodness mode therefore fit for consumption and fit to be offered to the lord. Whereas eggs are in the ignorance mode and unfit for consumption.

Guest guest

Milk is in the goodness mode therefore fit for consumption and fit to be offered to the lord. Whereas eggs are in the ignorance mode and unfit for consumption.

HARE KRISHNA

but y is milk in the goodness mode and eggs are in the ignorance mode

what do u mean by dat.

then der r so many ingds such which might be consumed by devottes.

Guest guest

The cow has PLENTY of milk for our consumption and her baby. There is NO question of taking away milk from the cow to the disadvantage of the baby cow. I have been living near people who do raise cows and the point you have raised is definitely not an issue.

not good with computers so, hope that quote above has come out as it should, anyway...

with respect,

i wanted to reply to yegan, (extract quoted above) that while you are very lucky to be able to get milk from cows whos arent bred each year and calves taken away to increase milk procuction, in 'modern' society generally milk comes from supermarkets/and farms that do just that.

all over the world the dairy industry is artificially impregnating cows to give birth each year to produce milk.

here in the UK, these calves that are born to maximise milk production, dont even get to drink their mothers milk, but instead get sent abroad to spend their lives in small crates to be killed and turned into tender veal meat and soft leather. (keeping them in crates stops them from developing any tough muscle).

the mothers left behind suffer painful mastitis in modern day farming, due to the udders becoming increasingly large (again to 'maximise' milk production).

when they are no longer able to produce the amount of milk that the farmer wants, they are sent to slaughter.

while we cannot dispute the information on milk in scripture. Times have changed, and with it the dairy industry. i cant pretend that its ok for the cows, the way the world has become so perverted, its now a hideously painful experience for cows and their short lived offspring.

Buying milk provides these farmers with the income to continue mistreating these animals. and therefore your comment about 'there is no question of taking milk from the cow to the disadvantage of the baby' is wrong, it may be true for the minority of situations - such as the one you're in, but not for the wider picture.

i hope you wont take offense at what ive written, but i thought i should say how things really are for the vast majority of our cows.

Davina

Dear Davina,

My point was meant for "home raised cows". In my post I did mention that Industrialised milk production could be another history.

You have raised a very interesting point. The best way would be to buy milk from trusted farmers who do not practice these atrocities(and nowadays it is pretty rare unfortunately).